Jeff and Eddie Howe

If that is correct, Billy, and I am not doubting it, that would leave us with one on -site executive Board member in Neill Blake.

I wonder how many other clubs at Premier League or Championship level operate on that basis? Is that really enough for a club of our size / turnover and with our ambition?
Show me a business a similar size to AFCB with two CEOs.

Ah! I get your point!

The point I was making was that we have one locally based executive board member. Many organisations have executive board members in charge of Finance, HR, Sales and Marketing etc. That doesn't make them all CEO's, but part of an executive management structure, reporting to the C.E.O or perhaps a Managing Director.

Who are the executive board members in charge of these functions at AFCB? I would accept that Finance is probably well covered, but the other key functions? Not worthy of a board level executive? Perhaps that is why the club can appear to be so 'tinpot' at times?

It's common enough for businesses with multi-million turnover and high profile to have an Executive Team and a Board of Directors. Only the Chief Exec sits on the board. In my industry (aviation) it's pretty common place. So I don't see it odd that only Blakey is on the board whilst the exec team (who will have the title Director anyway) are not on the board itself.

As for Jeff he's been quiet for a while. Ever since his health problems he hasn't been around as much or as vocal. Nothing new there but as Chairman, he was only really a figurehead. He has just taken on a new role with Premier Sports Network as well: https://www.premiersportsnetwork.com/advisory-board

Ah! I get your point!

The point I was making was that we have one locally based executive board member. Many organisations have executive board members in charge of Finance, HR, Sales and Marketing etc. That doesn't make them all CEO's, but part of an executive management structure, reporting to the C.E.O or perhaps a Managing Director.

Who are the executive board members in charge of these functions at AFCB? I would accept that Finance is probably well covered, but the other key functions? Not worthy of a board level executive? Perhaps that is why the club can appear to be so 'tinpot' at times?
We have a Commercial Director and a Finance Director

Also separate roles for General Manager, Ticket Office Manager, Safeguarding etc. The only person I don’t see on the list is Richard Hughes as Technical Director and that’s the role I’m most interested in!

https://www.premierleague.com/clubs/127/Bournemouth/directory

No wonder JM and EH they are quiet, the whole process is a sham of which they are part of.

I suspect EH has signed a non disclosure agreement in exchange for his contract being paid in full.

All is not sweetness and light between JM and MD which may explain his silence.

I don't know what JM's contract is, or his title actually, but any compensation in future is in MD's gift.

I suspect EH has signed a non disclosure agreement in exchange for his contract being paid in full.

All is not sweetness and light between JM and MD which may explain his silence.

I don't know what JM's contract is, or his title actually, but any compensation in future is in MD's gift.
I know you won't, but tell us how you know this to be true.

The clue is 'i suspect' re non disclosure so I don't know.

Re JM and MD. 2 separate corroborative sources. Doesn't guarantee truth but both sources from within the club.

The last bit is true, any compensation, should JM leave is in his gift.

So 2 of Max's closest friends at the club are now being distanced. Interesting how this is all going to play out. Are we now seeing the ruthless businessman in action rather than the Afc Bournemouth fan ?

So 2 of Max's closest friends at the club are now being distanced. Interesting how this is all going to play out. Are we now seeing the ruthless businessman in action rather than the Afc Bournemouth fan ?

When you have lost tens of millions in potential future income it should focus the mind

When you have lost tens of millions in potential future income it should focus the mind
Without the infrastructure being invested in it's hard to think that Max could see it ending in any other way. I can only see him throwing/ gambling everything at an instant return to the Premier League and then trying to sell the club.

It's common enough for businesses with multi-million turnover and high profile to have an Executive Team and a Board of Directors. Only the Chief Exec sits on the board. In my industry (aviation) it's pretty common place. So I don't see it odd that only Blakey is on the board whilst the exec team (who will have the title Director anyway) are not on the board itself.

As for Jeff he's been quiet for a while. Ever since his health problems he hasn't been around as much or as vocal. Nothing new there but as Chairman, he was only really a figurehead. He has just taken on a new role with Premier Sports Network as well: https://www.premiersportsnetwork.com/advisory-board

To be honest, having had a serious heart issue and being over 70, I am surprised that Jeff is allowed out at all given the Corona virus pandemic. Surely he should be safeguarded at home at the moment!

Interesting Fritter has heard the same things that I have heard by the looks of things. Mine from a recent ex player.

All is not what it seems. I wonder if Willo will come clean. It’s not just the fans that JT appt has not gone down well with.

Re amount of CEOs and Directors.....Christ its a Football team...not a friggin Bank, Airline Company or Investment Cartel.

This is the Spreadsheet Format:

Home Away
P W D L F A W D L F A Pts

Last edited:
Interesting Fritter has heard the same things that I have heard by the looks of things. Mine from a recent ex player.

All is not what it seems. I wonder if Willo will come clean. It’s not just the fans that JT appt has not gone down well with.
I posted this on another thread but it was the night before the Tindall appointment and it sort of got lost. I think it’s relevant though:

Not sure how much I can contribute as nobody really knows what happened, but after looking again over the "open letter" from Eddie there are a few things that I think are probably relevant:
  1. The "open letter" appeared on the official club website. Therefore its content had to be reviewed and approved by the club.
  2. The way the letter is worded is very careful, cautious, and probably wasn't written by Eddie, at least not in full.
  3. I don't think Eddie had been planning on leaving - the letter says that it is after a challenging few days, with talks between him and the club, that "we have collectively come to the decision" that he will be leaving.
  4. The word "collectively" comes up a LOT. Someone is trying very hard, maybe too hard, to emphasize that this was not a unilaterally-imposed decision. This makes me suspicious.
Who knows what really happened. After looking that letter over again, I wouldn't be surprised if the reality was closer to Eddie getting the sack, with the several-days negotiations being over how it would happen, and the ultimate decision being that there would be an "amicable" parting, and the club supplying the heartfelt letter to supporters that we all saw. If so, there's almost certainly a confidentiality clause Eddie had to sign, so he'll never be telling us anything, but the benefit for him is that he doesn't have a sacking on his CV.

I'm not saying this happened, or even that I think this happened, but I do think it's more likely than many other scenarios given the way that letter is written.

;