Jefferson Lerma

The funny thing is, if Al's so called predictions had come true he would be pointing out that he was in the know and they were fact. Lol

Old 'Threadie' Lerma....Gawd Blimey e ain't arf got some attention for a mere speculative punt.
Has Eddie actually, ever... really ...mentioned him at all in his very guarded interviews?
Have Burnley,Leicester, Everton, Watford, Palace, or any other top ten hopefuls fans thrashed their forums with spiel after spiel of Tosh and Tra la la on this type of player? Clubs that also have one eye on Harry Arterlerma who must have built up enough anger and frustration by now to be let loose on the likes of Tomlin and other average newcomers to the PL..
Tunnel vision has reached epidemic heights during the summer on these threads regarding Lerma.. Brookes and Rico might be enough in terms of newies!
I'm very hopeful and confident about Cook, Brookes and Hyndman and not given up on Harry.
Christ Almighty....if Mings, Ake , Rico and Simpson even, can form a decent unit at the back we could be in for our best season yet. I haven't written off Daniels and Francis yet tbh!
Surman, S.Cook and Goslings efforts kept us up! Wee Man Fraser and Smithy can inflict damage on Watford, Saints and Brighton quite easily!
Clubs like Chelsea and Arsenal can't afford off days against an in form Eddie inspired Boscombe.
And it's Man City and Spurs turn this season to balls it up in one of their games against us.
I can't wait!!!!

The funny thing is, if Al's so called predictions had come true he would be pointing out that he was in the know and they were fact. Lol

They were predictions made for the new year. That was all.
But you can play on it all you like.

Waiting for this stadium announcement next week (ish...perhaps...maybe)
I hope it is "Go, Go, Go! Let's build"

But I know, and you know!

How is it shocking? Do you not realise what the Yanks are called? Peak 6 Investments. Investments. Like - where you put some money in on the expectation that you take more out.

It could be that they want to sell their shareholding in which case it would be on a bigger version of "no cash no debt". So they'd get their loans back, their original investment plus a hefty uplift for how their investment has changed the club (in theory).

Personally I wouldn't give a hoot if they sold up. Would they find a buyer? Who knows. I don't hang out with billionaires.

If they want out they need to find someone to buy their stake, no?

Maybe that’s why it’s all stopped on the stadium front, America’s want out and new people are on there way out once season starts

...who knows?..tbh we have never known what the hell is going on at Dean Court over the years...but the difference is now we are in the big time and spending £26 million on foreign players...we should just be chillin' and taking in the fame for as long as it lasts...and it will not last forever that is certain...one day we will be back amongst the deadmen and playing the likes of Bristol Rovers again..

let's just savour the current moments of glory!

I am now really worried that there is more than one 'Al'. I sit next to a gentleman who does nothing but moan during the course of a match. Admittedly, I am someone who worries even if we are 3-0 up with 5 minutes to go but I have soooooo enjoyed what has happened: from the Bolton match to 60,000 on the beach and beating Chelsea away and Liverpool at home. How can anyone not be happy?

When we first made the premier league, I told a work colleague that 1 place above the relegation zone would be success for us - she (and many others) tipped us to go down. we are still there - this is a reward for all of us who lived through the Benson Years.

Nothing Lasts Forever - let's enjoy it while it lasts

*sound of my pencil sharpening (apparently)

:)

I’m not sure why I’m deemed the transfer expert but happy to pick up the mantle. For what it’s worth I think he will be a good acquisition, not that we will hardly see him till Christmas unless we have a good run in the Carling Cup ;)

Yes I was critical of old transfer dealings but we have improved a lot on this front in last 12 months. He is the player we have all cried out for and as pointed out earlier in this tome like thread if we rejected players for not being outstanding in the World Cup we wouldn’t sign Lewandowski, Sterling or Ageuero either... I actually thought he was quite decent.

Strong, athletic and protects a vulnerable back three. A lingo buddy for Rico too. What’s not to like!?

Too much misery on here lately

Sad I know, but this fella seems worth translating as he seems to be talking about the negotiations a lot. Far as I can make out from him and his thread, Levante are still asking for more...the 30m euro is the acceptable starting point, but they require more in addons before they'll accept...

Sounds like they want the €30m, plus a 15% sell on as well as an additional lump sum when we sell him on. They are also waiting to agree a price for a replacement. This part is interesting though:

"La insistencia del @afcbournemouth en Lerma se debe a su entrenador, Eddie Howe. Es una persona con mucho peso en el equipo y Lerma es petición expresa suya."

It says our persistence with Lerma is all down to Eddie, who they describe as someone with a lot of sway at the club. Apparently Lerma is his direct request.

I'll try this one more time.

"Pay day cowboy" - Someone who spends their pay as soon as they get it, without thought for a rainy day.

First payment of around £40M has come in for 2018/19 season.
Player sales, around the £15M mark.

For a man who claims to know more than most about the clubs financial dealings your lack of knowhow about how finance really works is truly laughable.

;