Jefferson Lerma

Thought he could do better in terms of where he went and money to be honest if that's what he was chasing. Palace is hardly inspiring.

Facing a new challenge I kind of get... but Palace?

Securing premier league survival with 8 games to go there vs 4 games to go here isn't really mixing things up, is it?

To be fair, we made Palace looked like peak Barcelona.

True. Plus he probably saw the atmosphere at Dean Court on Saturday night and thought "Where can I get more action like that in the Premier League?". Obviously there's only one club in his experience that punches like CBS so...

I can't say I like the idea of him leaving us to play for that bunch of Nigels.

What a great player he was for us. He just seemed so desperate to win and never really dropped his standards in five years. On those very rare occasions he didn't play well you get the impression he was probably playing with a broken foot or something.

We cannot begrudge, we have been guilty of snapping up and tapping up players who are nearing the end of their contract (Rothwell, Dembele, Moore).
Hopefully we can pull another Neto like signing out of the bag, someone who has done at the highest level and is available on a free.
Palace have got some brilliant players but I am not convinced by Potter.

I don't think his contract
We don’t know he is going to Palace do we? Thought if definite it would have been announced like the Stacey move to Norwich.
I don't think his contract expires until July. Not sure how that affects things but could be the reason perhaps. Honourable until the end!

We're entering an era of football where substantially less money transfers happen at the top levels. The players have clocked on that they can get 50% of the fee it would otherwise cost to buy them built into their wages.

He was a great player for us, but it will be a huge shame if he does end up at Palace when quite frankly it's a similar club. He's better than both of us imo.

We're entering an era of football where substantially less money transfers happen at the top levels. The players have clocked on that they can get 50% of the fee it would otherwise cost to buy them built into their wages.

He was a great player for us, but it will be a huge shame if he does end up at Palace when quite frankly it's a similar club. He's better than both of us imo.

Also, clubs hang on to players when they want to leave. If that's a risk, it's understandable that they run down their contracts.

Very strange move, to me this takes him from being possibly in the legend bracket to just someone that used to play for us.
Like the way he says he is excited to help palace achieve their objectives for next season. What are they exactly?!

He will get a signing on fee.

That fee will be paid monthly, along with his salary.

If the price to sign such a player would be £18 millions and his signing on fee is £9 millions, then he gets an extra £60,000 per week, for 3 x years.
CPFC save £9 millions on a transfer fee.

If he gets £40,000 p.w. as a wage, then he's on £100,000 per week.

;