Jermain Defoe

At least we won’t see a Murray situation where we first loaned then sold a player to a club who with his goals won them promotion to the PL.

Same said player still scoring goals and leading scorer.

Eddie's on 4 mil per year according to the newspapers.

I doubt that as it's twice as much as the top earners at the club, depending on whether they report net or gross, I imagine they report gross as bigger numbers make better headlines

The papers released a story in the autumn that he was about to sign a new contract in which he would earn a basic of £3 million but with bonuses it could reach £4 million a year. However, the club denied a new contract was being discussed and, as yet, we haven't heard that he has signed one.

Had medical at Rangers according to Sky.

Bournemouth striker Jermain Defoe has completed his medical ahead of an 18 month loan move to Rangers, according to Sky sources.

The veteran striker expected to join up with the squad for their mid season break in Tenerife on Monday.

I would be surprised if Defoe was allowed to leave at this moment as Wilson is reportedly injured from the Watford game and Solanke will not be available until the end of the month. I would keep Defoe until transfer deadline day at the end of the month.

Heard Eddie’s interview, long time until next Sunday on the injury front.

Unfortunately it seems Jermain will be leaving us just like Murray did without having a real chance and games for us.

Defoe and Murray are proven goalscorers, just didn’t fit into our system.

I would be surprised if Defoe was allowed to leave at this moment as Wilson is reportedly injured from the Watford game and Solanke will not be available until the end of the month. I would keep Defoe until transfer deadline day at the end of the month.

You are shminto and I claim my £5.

"22 minutes? I thought it was less to be honest," said the forward.

"It happens to the best players in the world - for whatever reason, you don't play.

"I was always professional and it got to the stage where I probably sacrificed my own happiness for the team and the younger players, helping others."

;