Jim Frevola Interview

Well I suppose I just mean not clear either way. On the one hand he talks confidently about capacity, flexibility to expand, timescales and not wanting a standard bowl then he leaves expansion on the table which would seemingly be a lot less flexible on these fronts.
I think he’s just keeping options open with Structadene. Bill Foley did much the same in one of his earlier interviews, where he implied that a new stadium was likely to be the preferred option but kept the door open for a buy back & expansion.

So how do the club gauge demand in regards to a supporter such as yourself?

Will you purchase a £139 ticket? Or attempt Cherries Tuesday 6 weeks before the game? Maybe use the season ticket resale site?

How does the club gauge that demand in the current ground and use that as any kind of valid data for a new ground? When you would be able to get a ticket easier, perhaps at your convenience in the area of the ground with those who you wish to attend with?
Personally at the moment in my life I ouldnt care less where I sit as long as I get a fair view. For me it's about having the availability to choose if I can attend on a week by week basis, which only a bigger ground vacant provide.

I don't say what they are doing gauges my view, all I say is I am for them gauging what increase in demands there, thus leading to required capacity

I don't think it's about selling 10k more £40 tickets it's about selling 3k more £140 ones.
Plus a hundreds of significantly more expensive ones. Jim F has said it often enough. Corporate seats are the most important to the money men because they are the difference between it happening or not.

Indeed and there’s zip all correlation to how many they will sell in a purpose built multi million pound stadium and how many tickets they sell for unlimited hot dogs in a tent.

Personally at the moment in my life I ouldnt care less where I sit as long as I get a fair view. For me it's about having the availability to choose if I can attend on a week by week basis, which only a bigger ground vacant provide.

I don't say what they are doing gauges my view, all I say is I am for them gauging what increase in demands there, thus leading to required capacity

Exactly and your scenario will not be uncommon. It’ll probably account for a fair percentage of the more fluid fan base needed for an increased stadium. But none of that will be gauged in anyway shape or form by what the club is currently doing in the current ground with the current schemes.

Indeed and there’s zip all correlation to how many they will sell in a purpose built multi million pound stadium and how many tickets they sell for unlimited hot dogs in a tent.

So you and the other experts on here say. Not your money though is it. Jim clearly expresses his strategy in that piece. Many people quick to say how wrong he is about everything I see.

With 100,000 people on the database, and 400,000+ in the conurbation, just build a 25,000 seater already!

Becasue if you build 18-20,000 with a view to expansion, if neccessary, you're going to have to do so in time for the next match. And I don't think that's going to be possible.

I’m so confused by this, like has been said above, it makes them look incompetent.

They are seriously still unsure whether we can generate 20k attendances? To the point that he’s talking about fans only attending half of the games to gauge demand from elsewhere. It’s pretty comical to be honest.

Can’t believe he is getting so much praise for this interview. Also can’t believe they would buy a club for £100m, spend £170m in two transfer windows, a further £30m on a training ground, while specifically talking about the need to grow the club, yet seemingly be so unsure about pursuing a bigger stadium. It’s just strange.

You haven’t missed the irony Rob as there isn’t any.

This is not about wealth, it’s about wealth creation. Something that has been lacking in the club over many years. My criticism was mainly levied towards Blake and Mostyn (as you’d expect a greater level of return than has been seen) but Demin isn’t without fault albeit we all owe him a huge debt of gratitude for everything he for the club.

However it was unbelievably naive on the part of Demin to pay a CEO c£2m a year only to see the level of commercial and infrastructure stagnation, together with a wholesale lack of vision, as is so clearly highlighted in this article.
That CEO salary and prior experience grates.

So you and the other experts on here say. Not your money though is it. Jim clearly expresses his strategy in that piece. Many people quick to say how wrong he is about everything I see.

If you took this stance on the forum your post count will be an awful lot lower, as would mine. Thankfully you don’t and neither will I.

If you took this stance on the forum your post count will be an awful lot lower, as would mine. Thankfully you don’t and neither will I.

It's not that you need money or experience to comment but when you are suggesting that people who have literally put their money on the line, hundreds of millions in this case, are incompetent I think it's worth comment. Especially when you don't know the full details.

It's not that you need money or experience to comment but when you are suggesting that people who have literally put their money on the line, hundreds of millions in this case, are incompetent I think it's worth comment. Especially when you don't know the full details.
Not what I said though is it? The opposite in fact.

With 100,000 people on the database, and 400,000+ in the conurbation, just build a 25,000 seater already!

Becasue if you build 18-20,000 with a view to expansion, if neccessary, you're going to have to do so in time for the next match. And I don't think that's going to be possible.

They may not want to satisfy the maximum demand in terms of numbers. They may like the appeal of a more modest sized stadium that is oversubscribed - where they can still charge £140 to a load of punters.

I’m so confused by this, like has been said above, it makes them look incompetent.

They are seriously still unsure whether we can generate 20k attendances? To the point that he’s talking about fans only attending half of the games to gauge demand from elsewhere. It’s pretty comical to be honest.

Can’t believe he is getting so much praise for this interview. Also can’t believe they would buy a club for £100m, spend £170m in two transfer windows, a further £30m on a training ground, while specifically talking about the need to grow the club, yet seemingly be so unsure about pursuing a bigger stadium. It’s just strange.
Maybe they will decide that it's better to have a 10,000 capacity stadium with an average ticket price of £100, rather than a 20,000 capacity stadium with an average ticket price of,say, £40.

;