Joe Rothwell

Blackburn rovers fan here.

You never posted or seemed to care about signing Joe from Rovers.

Is that accurate?
Fair to say Rothwell is A) a good player and B) was on our radar, as he fitted the profile of a player nearing the end of his contract. We've picked up several of those in recent years.

Seems likely we made an effort towards a deal, but for whatever reason the deal wasn't possible. We got other targets over the line instead. Rothwell stays a Rovers man, and is still a player I'd worry about when we come to face Rovers.

Fair to say Rothwell is A) a good player and B) was on our radar, as he fitted the profile of a player nearing the end of his contract. We've picked up several of those in recent years.

Seems likely we made an effort towards a deal, but for whatever reason the deal wasn't possible. We got other targets over the line instead. Rothwell stays a Rovers man, and is still a player I'd worry about when we come to face Rovers.

"Rothwell stays a Rovers man"

And is still in the last year of his contract
Still a free agent In July and may still be on our radar

[
I wonder how many of us from this forum were on the train that day.
I remember a picture appeared in the old Bournemouth Times the following Friday. I remember I was in it along with ‘The Bear’ and a around 8 others.
View attachment 7163[/QUOTE]

Four of us walking back to the station got "jumped on" 3 managed to leg it, but I got caught and took a beating,:punch: had so much oxblood dubbing on my face they thought I had caught the sun....................... :LOL: Gary fine, getting fat and retired.

I suspect if we don't Cantwell will be touting for a Premier League team and we'll end up with him.

If you go by various articles, they don't play in the same position anyway, so we might want them both.

He's the one I would have liked tbh....we don't have a midfielder who can carry the ball the way he does....still looking on the bright side we'll be able to pick him up for nothing in the summer.

I have to say,until the interest in Rothwell was reported,I had never even heard of him ,so couldn't form an opinion on him in any way.

Had heard some mention him but not taken note myself before that either.

Four of us walking back to the station got "jumped on" 3 managed to leg it, but I got caught and took a beating,:punch: had so much oxblood dubbing on my face they thought I had caught the sun....................... :LOL: Gary fine, getting fat and retired.
Until the ‘Frizzells Posse’ came to the rescue Ian.

Well that's it. I certainly won't be recommending you for promotion to the elite.

My advice would be to throw in a few comments about false 9's and number 8's and he'll be back on the elites promotion track in no time.

Last edited:
Part of me wondered on deadline day if we went in for him, knowing or strongly suspected Rovers wouldn;t sell him to us as it would have been a bizarre transfer to sell him to a rival (even though out of contract in summer), but would cause him to be unsettled/dropped for a few games as his mind was distracted. Unlikely I know, but part of me to think about it being a possibility. After all, even if they accepted a bid, we could still pull out last minute.

;