John Yems

If you listen to the back of the net podcast....Eddie Mitchell says it was all down to Yems in getting them back
Well even if that were true, it hardly guarantees Yems a job for life does it ?
That's what annoys me about the bloke. He just seems incredibly entitled.

He had a limited time contract which expired, at which point it was not renewed.
It's not like we fired him mid-term and refused to pay him any compensation.
We did absolutely nothing wrong !

If he couldn't deal with it and ended up with depression, that is in no way the club's fault. The guy really needs to get over himself.

For this reason I hope we tear his team a new one tomorrow, it would be the least we could do. But obviously, knowing our team, I'm not really expecting it to happen. I would enjoy it though, immensely !

:utc:

Well even if that were true, it hardly guarantees Yems a job for life does it ?
That's what annoys me about the bloke. He just seems incredibly entitled.

He had a limited time contract which expired, at which point it was not renewed.
It's not like we fired him mid-term and refused to pay him any compensation.
We did absolutely nothing wrong !

If he couldn't deal with it and ended up with depression, that is in no way the club's fault. The guy really needs to get over himself.

For this reason I hope we tear his team a new one tomorrow, it would be the least we could do. But obviously, knowing our team, I'm not really expecting it to happen. I would enjoy it though, immensely !

Ok ,calm down...just stating what Mitchell said...:shake:

Ok ,calm down...just stating what Mitchell said...:shake:
Not having a go at you Ted, just pointing out that he probably does think that getting Ed and JT back to the club somehow guaranteed him a job for life. Hence his great feeling of hurt and betrayal when actually the club just decided that he was no longer worth the 45k a year they were paying him. In the grand scheme of things 45k a year was not a lot of money, so I can't even begin to imagine how useless he must have been for us not to renew his contract. :lol:

:sorry: if it sounded like I was ranting at you, I really wasn't !

God I hope Crawley don't win tomorrow, the guy will be insufferable. I imagine the redemption article is already written and just waiting to be posted. Please, please, please can we just win tomorrow ?

This guy goes on about it like afcb murdered his kids. His contract wasn't renewed - so what? Does he think the rest of us listening to his bleating on about it have never had knock backs in our careers much worse than that? It's absolute tone deaf to bang on about it at a time when half the country are struggling for work and don't know where the next mortgage payment is coming from.

Get your team to do your talking on the pitch and shut the fuckup pal.

...I hope that we dispatch Crawley with the minimum amout of fuss and Yems can just fade away back into his life of trying to keep himself as a media attraction...which will continue with the Wright brothers there and living on beating Leeds for a while...

I don't want us to be included too long in his PR portfolio!

...I hope that we dispatch Crawley with the minimum amout of fuss and Yems can just fade away back into his life of trying to keep himself as a media attraction...which will continue with the Wright brothers there and living on beating Leeds for a while...

I don't want us to be included too long in his PR portfolio!
You just know that if they beat us, tomorrow the internet will be flooded with articles about redemption and Yems finally putting his AFCB hurt to bed. Just the very thought of that makes me want to :sick:.
For that reason this is a “must win” game in my eyes ;)

You just know that if they beat us, tomorrow the internet will be flooded with articles about redemption and Yems finally putting his AFCB hurt to bed. Just the very thought of that makes me want to :sick:.
For that reason this is a “must win” game in my eyes ;)

...and to be honest we should beat them, I really hope that JT also gets his strongest XI either on the pitch or over the bench...we need to win a few matches in a row and get our confidence back...

At the end of the day..things have moved on.... but briefly moved back onto a bridge....for the big battle for Yems Ridge...instinct tells me that the more we lay into the bloke the more chance he wins out....all we need is for JT to rotate and weaken the team yet again, given good grace to do so on here, yes on here, the Forum, to see the Yems story to move on to Burnley...

These Crawley coves are not coming down here to spend the afternoon watching coots and moorhens in Poole Park and then go floodlight bathing at DC in the evening.....
...they are coming to whup some @rse as they did with Leeds and beat the whoopee trail to Wemberlee!

If Yems did manage to pull it off...it will be about football and goals....not a load of bollux about his time at DC....either from him or from us !

If Yems did manage to pull it off...it will be about football and goals....not a load of bollux about his time at DC....either from him or from us !
I was enjoying your post and agreed with it, up until the part marked in bold above. Trust me Brian, if he beats us he will not be able to resist bringing up his time at AFCB. He has done it before when he had zero cause to do so. If his side manage to beat us, then he will bloody well have a field day with it ! And the press will lap it up and publish it, as usual.
No surrender tonight ! Only victory will suffice ! Shame that means we have to play Burnley though !

I was enjoying your post and agreed with it, up until the part marked in bold above. Trust me Brian, if he beats us he will not be able to resist bringing up his time at AFCB. He has done it before when he had zero cause to do so. If his side manage to beat us, then he will bloody well have a field day with it ! And the press will lap it up and publish it, as usual.
No surrender tonight ! Only victory will suffice ! Shame that means we have to play Burnley though !

Yeah...all the more reason to field our best team then...to silence him!
As far as Burnley is concerned though...our mentality should shift totally to Wanting to Go there..and Win ...in fact to go anywhere to Win...Fearless in every challenge!

Wembeley..Wemberleeee.
Were loading up the lager....and were off to.....time to shut up !

Yems has said that he has no problem with JT.. "and a lot of the players that are still there but there are some others at the club I don't want to see and don't want to see me "
Its those others that bother me...who are they and why ?....there is more to this....otherwise why is he so animated ?

Sometimes its worth seeing from the other angles, stepping aside carefully from allegiances.. to get a clearer truth.

These 'others' at the club might be hampering progress... when Yems left in 18 ...we were still a PL club....so what did he actually get wrong ?
We need to get deeper before we hang people!

Yems has said that he has no problem with JT.. "and a lot of the players that are still there but there are some others at the club I don't want to see and don't want to see me "
Its those others that bother me...who are they and why ?....there is more to this....otherwise why is he so animated ?

Sometimes its worth seeing from the other angles, stepping aside carefully from allegiances.. to get a clearer truth.

These 'others' at the club might be hampering progress... when Yems left in 18 ...we were still a PL club....so what did he actually get wrong ?
We need to get deeper before we hang people!
I think by 'other people' and 'non-football people' ( I think he called them ) he basically means everybody outside of the footballing staff at AFCB. I take that to mean the owner, directors, various middle managers etc.

Basically I think it is safe to assume that he means those people who have control over the purse strings. He was besties with EH and Ed was probably happy for him to stay. Those who pay the wages however decided that he was no longer providing value for money and chose not to renew his contract.

I'm as sure as I can be that there is nothing more sinister to it than that !

The guy is simply disappointed that being onside with Ed and JT was not enough to get him a new contract and that he was shown the door.

If Yems was getting £45, 000 per year...then I assume he must have had some value for club progress or was seen to have at some point when he joined...so were the judgements all wrong...therefore also questioning the ability of those making or unmaking appointments ?
Is something all wrong at the club..behind the scenes ?

Last edited:
If Yems was getting £45, 000 per year...then I assume he must have had some value for club progress or was seen to have at some point when he joined...so were the judgements all wrong...therefore also questioning the ability of those making or unmaking appointments ?
Is something is all wrong at the club..behind the scenes ?

Of all the decisions they've made over the years why is not renewing the contract of some bloke nobody had heard of the one that vexes you the most?

Is something is all wrong at the club..behind the scenes ?
As Topfarrier mentioned, it's conceivable that he was part of the deal that got Ed and JT to come back here. He may have been given a contract for his role in getting the deal done. I'm not sure if he was on his first or second contract when we decided not to renew but it's not inconceivable that back then the club were happy to "carry" Yems for a few years if it meant we could get Ed and JT back.
As soon as Ed and JT were settled in here and Yems' contract was up for renewal, he was surplus to requirements and was shown the door.
You could argue that this was not very nice of the club but at the end of the day Yems had enough time to make himself indispensable and clearly failed to do so.
We were never obliged to offer him a new contract and the fact that we didn't suggests that he was no longer offering the club value for money.

Last edited:
Of all the decisions they've made over the years why is not renewing the contract of some bloke nobody had heard of the one that vexes you the most?

I dunno really..just seems something more to it maybe...
...if any subsequent staff- shedding takes place over the next period..in particular if we start a reverse ride....then far more intense questions than mine will begin to surface...about who we had and who did or didn't do this and that..
Boscombe History Buffs pensively await ..

...we all love a conspiracy, and Yems has only ignited speculation as to something not being right behind the scenes here at AFCB.

Obviously if we wind back to last season quite clearly things were starting to creak with Players, Manager and the Board?

All the Ryan Fraser stuff kicked it all off IMO and how Eddie dealt with him showed a lack of judgement IMO...then team spirit seemed to be ebbing away and results on the pitch revealed some cracks, culminating in a relegation that I still think should have been avoided with the squad we had. Admittedly injuries hit us and our more recent signings under Howe struggled to fire, but apparent fall outs with Begovic and a few others who should have been playing more often were a factor. Eddie then leaves (or was sacked who knows?)...and yes the karma behind the scene given the shorfall in PL money, no gate reciepts, and still having King on a large wage and his application under question is understandable.

I think that tbh we are lucky that Max hasn't cut and run because if he did we would be sinking further down the leagues for sure. Yes we had to sell players and still will have to before next season IMO...Jason Tindall given the job beacuse it WAS worth the gamble and as far as I am aware he is doing okay. Who is to say that any other new manager would have done a lot better? I advocated Hughton and look at him at Forest?

I dunno really..just seems something more to it maybe...
...if any subsequent staff- shedding takes place over the next period..in particular if we start a reverse ride....then far more intense questions than mine will begin to surface...about who we had and who did or didn't do this and that..
Boscombe History Buffs pensively await ..

Well I've never heard anyone with anything positive to say about that Neil Blake tbf. If everything does go tits up though I can tell you now that the treatment of John Yems is going to be the last thing I'm worried about. They guy landed on his feet, why not just get on with it.

;