John Yems

In the interview he came across as a perfectly sane, honest football bloke.
Told it as he saw it...no excuses.
Said the same about refs as we do every single game!
Made a reference which suggested we in places like this are.. ' up ourselves'
...well thats a bloody understatement...looking how we are on the Forum since we came out of the PL..and the sh*t thrown at him in the past week...
Christ he removed Leeds from the Cup !

He really does have a big chip on his shoulder doesn’t he! Hope we never have to welcome him back to our ground!

Heard Mariner and his assistants were a disgrace last night the way they treated Bradbury, they said you couldn't even manage Havant you fat warbler and told Yems he's nothing on Jim Davidson. Mark Wright then offered to sell himself to the Crawley Observer as he only had a week left on his contract.

In the interview he came across as a perfectly sane, honest football bloke.
Told it as he saw it...no excuses.
Said the same about refs as we do every single game!
Made a reference which suggested we in places like this are.. ' up ourselves'
...well thats a bloody understatement...looking how we are on the Forum since we came out of the PL..and the sh*t thrown at him in the past week...
Christ he removed Leeds from the Cup !
Brian’s found another club to support

No, I agree with Brian, he's a perfectly balanced individual.
He has a massive chip on EACH shoulder ;)

Like Kudos said, it's not really hard to imagine that he said something which caused somebody at the club to finally see him for the tw@t he is. From then on he was almost certainly living on borrowed time.
:finger:

No, I agree with Brian, he's a perfectly balanced individual.
He has a massive chip on EACH shoulder ;)

Like Kudos said, it's not really hard to imagine that he said something which caused somebody at the club to finally see him for the tw@t he is. From then on he was almost certainly living on borrowed time.
:finger:

Seems a few more of ours could be on borrowed time if things go pear-shaped this season.
More Chips..more shoulders...but I'm not the expert...I'll leave that to others.
I'm more of a ' cut people bit of slack' type ...until we know full stories!

Last edited:
Seems a few more of ours could be on borrowed time if things go pear-shaped this season.
More Chips..more shoulders...but I'm not the expert...I'll leave that to others.
I'm more of a ' cut people a bit of bit of slack type '....until we know full stories!

It's only a matter of time before you'll be on here having a go at someone and definitely not cutting them some slack. How do you decide who you give the benefit of the doubt to and who you peg as a villain from the outset? I've got my theories.

It's only a matter of time before you'll be on here having a go at someone and definitely not cutting them some slack. How do you decide who you give the benefit of the doubt to and who you peg as a villain from the outset? I've got my theories.

I spend little time on whether I'm right or wrong...its basically instinct and experience of ' todays heroes/tomorrows villians'..sometimes a kind of reverse of that.

Then..I vent off. All is Grist to the Mill...the mill being the Forum...which needs a good variation of opinion and of character traits.

I've predicted 4-2 again in our favour tomorrow....but if it comes out as 0-1 or 0-0 even ..there will be all manner of heads being ripped off on these threads...players, refs, management....and old gits/ jcl's /nutjobs/ political dissidents/ elitists/dog walkers, burnlonians, scummers and Eddies fan club...all having a 'Go' .
" we shoulda signed Demerai"..."JT out".....
...and a whole novel about how sending Oforbh on loan solves all our problems...all that sort of garbage.
I expect i'll slide some pearlers in amongst it...just to keep it alive like !

Their reporter is a bit deluded if he thought they played well. They were dogshit.
Very odd interview.

Starts saying about that the referee needs to be abit more humble, then goes off on one about “places like this where they think their above themselves”.

How are us as a club, and the referees performance related? It’s not like we provided the referee.

It’s actually quite sad that he just wanted to say something negative about us. Odd man

I think he meant the ref tbh - as in having a Premier league ref at a team higher up maybe being influenced by the “bigger stage “

I am sure him and his coaches were nice and polite to the officials all night.

Their reporter is a bit deluded if he thought they played well. They were dogshit.
This is hilarious. The chip on his shoulder is quite something. He doesn’t necessarily come across as the brightest chap so maybe there was genuine confusion on his part as to the difference between a contract ending and being terminated early.

Who knows. Amusing all the same.

I quite like him, and found his interview refreshingly interesting & honest

...I thought Crawley did okay and Yems has a decent side there tbh...whether he still has a massive dose of negtivity to AFCB maybe understandable as we don't know what went on behind the scenes to have seen him let go.

He certainly had a few words with some of our lads at the end who must have thought that he was ok?

I did think that the ref was lenient with us on ocassions and it may have looked like he was making the kind of decisions that we complain about when we have had refs in The PL against some of the big clubs?

All in all we did the business and won the game and that is all I wanted from it along with a lift for some of our out of form players...which I saw slightly, but am still worried about Kelly...Rico..Lerma...and Brooks who have underperformed so far this season IMO

He used stand behind me during home games and I always found him friendly, and would often tell me what was going to happen before it happened!

;