Jon Moss

A failed manager and average player who played in a completely different era of football giving out advice. It's laughable punditry at its best Of course back in his day, footballers were real men, they smoked 20 fags, got pissed, broke legs and gave their missus a slap, all before breakfast ! He's just another one who doesn't believe a small club like Bournemouth should be in the PL. He's a prick.

As i see it , the players were complaining about Moss giving Sheffield soft decisions, Moss then called Francis over and told him they should be more worried about the relegation position they were in.
That really got their backs up thus the comment made by Gosling.
It is strange that Gosling didn't get a fine.

The main concern around this:

Sheffield scored 2 ..we scored 1 ...!

Everything else is irrelevant...sooner we get to grips with that...we can move up the table.

Get the Refs 'onside'....if we go the other route...weve sh#t it....they are a club!

If Frasers great shot had gone in ...that would have been the talking point.

Scoring goals....the whole point of the game.

Last edited:
No one is blaming the ref for losing a game.

It’s not harsh to criticise a ref for unprofessional behaviour when he behaves unprofessionally
Bit of banter from the ref mate, the word snowflake comes to mind. Wouldn't he be better off concentrating on the getting us out of the ****************!

Bit of banter from the ref mate, the word snowflake comes to mind. Wouldn't he be better off concentrating on the getting us out of the ****!
I’m sure having a 2 min conversation with a journalist doesn’t have any link to performance on a football field but you never know

Referees have to face each week with being at odds with half the players in the game and half the crowd, often in excess of 40,000 with still not much help from the enigmatic concepts and fallibility of VAR... and the pace of football even in the lower divs is far greater now.
The modern stigma of diving and cheating in general is getting worser innit....
On top of all that there is ' pressure' of keeping the Elite managers off your back !

Then they have to get home after being called Cnt, Wnkr, Di' hd, B'rstd, Ass- wipe....for almost 2 hours...and try and get in a good mood for ' er indoors' ...or 'im indoors' as some would have it !
Those that have the added burden of being blind, deaf and stupid are on a hiding to nothing perhaps?
A bit of an awkward time for refs...this era?

Last edited:
Referees have to face each week with being at odds with half the players in the game and half the crowd, often in excess of 40,000 with still not much help from the enigmatic concepts and fallibility of VAR... and the pace of football even in the lower divs is far greater now.
The modern stigma of diving and cheating in general is getting worser innit....
On top of all that there is ' pressure' of keeping the Elite managers off your back !

Then they have to get home after being called Cnt, Wnkr, Di' hd, B'rstd, Ass- wipe....for almost 2 hours...and try and get in a good mood for ' er indoors' ...or 'im indoors' as some would have it !
Those that have the added burden of being blind, deaf and stupid are on a hiding to nothing perhaps?
A bit of an awkward time for refs...this era?
Never realised you were a ref bill, how do you cope with it.....

Never realised you were a ref bill, how do you cope with it.....

I did have a go at it once. I was about 25. A friendly Navy match up in Scotland.
It was surprisingly more knackering than playing I thought at the time...I wasnt too brilliant at it either..but I did send off a goalkeeper for punching the centre forward. After the game the tw#t punched me. Never again !

Gosling comes across as a bit of a delicate flower for me. He yapped at the ref and the ref gave it back to him. Now he's upset .. too bad. You want to make a statement, make it on the pitch.

I don't for one minute think he's made those comments without being told to. If it was only him, it would have happened Sunday straight after the match when emotions were high.

For whatever reason, I can only see this as a calculated decision by the club.

We're certainly not winning any friends over it ,that's for sure. Having spent the last 5 seasons watching other clubs 'top players' falling over, rolling around and begging with the ref to book an opponent you sort of understand that it's part of the game at this level. Whilst I don't disagree that we have a certain number of players that make me cringe on occasions I don't believe that we are particularly worse than some other clubs. However, I do believe that referees hold a certain view about us and we get treated unfairly before we've even kicked off. Jon Moss has just confirmed that with a lack of respect and a certain amount of contempt towards our players last Sunday. How Goslings comments will affect the rest of our season who knows. Who directed him to say them, we'll never know. What was actually said by Moss will never be made public. What we do know is that the rest of the season will be littered with refereeing inconsistencies, mind boggling decisions, and a ' top 6' bias. We have to live with that, do our best and get on with trying to stay up.

Apologies but dont get it.

The buck stops with Eddie.....Gosling should have reported his concerns to the manager who should have made the complaint if he felt it suitable. Isn't that the correct way an organisation works ?

Having players shooting off press releases all over the place doesn't sit easy with me, smacks of desperation.
Maybe that’s the correct process, but had we done that, would it have even been public knowledge?
Happy we went about it the way we did as it humiliates Jon Moss publicly and he will have to wind his neck in

For me the ref has to at least pretend that he is even handed when ref'ing a match.

If these alleged ref comments are true, then I am amazed that we have not asked for the result of the match to be declared null and void and to be re-played with a different ref in charge!

Why is that not happening?
Lol you're not serious?

I’m sure having a 2 min conversation with a journalist doesn’t have any link to performance on a football field but you never know
I don't think it would have been an issue if we'd actually won!

;