Jonathan Woodgate

Do you want Woodgate in charge first game of next season?

• Yes

Votes: 102 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 104 50.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why can you not judge someone after that totally clueless performance?

When EH first joined us didn’t he lose the first 2 games ? Should we have sacked him then ?

I’m not saying I want woodgate as manager but after 2 positive results and ok a non attacking performance today. To judge someone after their one experience as manager and to say it will be the same is nonesense.
When JT has been sacked he is the most experience person at the club who has managed previously , even though he had only been there 2 days

Let’s not go overboard either way. He is only a stop gap. He’s done pretty well in the circumstances, stabilising a ship that was quickly sinking. But we can’t go down the ‘inexperienced’ route again.

I agree he has done a good job considering he has come in , he’s not a permanent manager and has stabilised a ship .

Woodgate's done OK... The win over Burnley was seemingly painting over the cracks tho... The two games that have mattered, whilst yielding 4 points have produced very mediocre, passive performances with zero creativity.

Yes, he’s steadied the ship and yes, a win v Rotherham will seem a very good return from 3 games in charge, however, to take us forward you need to look deeper than the results... If the performances continue to be poor, the results will eventually end up the same... poor.

It happened to Tindall and it will happen to Woodgate. We are overloaded with very similar midfielders and this is our Achilles heel... It seems Woodgate is suffering from the same situation as Tindall... what is our best and most complimentary midfield set...

Whoever works that out can get this mob to the PL...

Last edited:
Woodgate's done OK... The win over Burnley was seemingly painting over the cracks tho... The two games that have mattered, whilst yielding 4 points have produced very mediocre, passive performances with zero creativity.

Yes, he’s steadied the ship and yes, a win v Rotherham will seem a very good return from 3 games in charge, however, to take us forward you need to look deeper than the results... If the performances continue to be poor, the results will eventually end up the same... poor.

It happened to Tindall a it will happen to Woodgate. We are overloaded with very similar midfielders and this is our Achilles heel... It seems Woodgate is suffering from the same situation as Tindall... what is our best abs most complimentary midfield set...

Whoever works that out can get this mob to the PL...
If only we could swap one of those midfielders for a decent left back!

Need to get the new guy in pronto so he can assert himself on this bunch. No issues with finding the right person but today was devoid of ideas. JW's doing a decent job but at what point do they stop listening when they know he's probably going to be gone soon.

If only we could swap one of those midfielders for a decent left back!

Would have liked to seen our club bring in a known goalscorer like Brentford did with Toney, when they lost Watkins to Villa and we lost Wilson and later King.

Watkins cost Villa £28 million and scored 26 goals in 46 appearances last season for Brentford.

Toney cost Brentford £5 million and has already scored 23 goals in 28 games.

You could say a good bit of business.

Eddie and Jason missed the boat with some obvious forward recruits - Maupay, Watkins, Toney ... all available when we were in the PL. We are thin for reliable goalscorers. Shane Long looked lost today and Danjuma barely made a move on the left. Worrying.

Any new manager needs some time for his approach to start to take affect, You can’t expect an instant impact. If your lucky you get one but personally l think we could be banging out some iffy performances for a while yet.

Hopefully the right appointment will finish the season well and have us in the playoffs.

How's this for an outrageous theory?;
The players put in a superb performance in the cup because of the glory it might bring.
Fast forward to the Championship" Why should I care ?I'm still getting paid a fortune and in the summer I'll be in the EPL either with AFCB or another club that want's to sign me".

Would have liked to seen our club bring in a known goalscorer like Brentford did with Toney, when they lost Watkins to Villa and we lost Wilson and later King.

Watkins cost Villa £28 million and scored 26 goals in 46 appearances last season for Brentford.

Toney cost Brentford £5 million and has already scored 23 goals in 28 games.

You could say a good bit of business.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing! I think we're alright striker wise if Solanke hadn't got injured and I would have liked to see Surridge get a run in the team, I still think Shane Long will come good. It's been said before but we lack combinations of full backs and wide midfield players but we need to get a decent left back first imo

How's this for an outrageous theory?;
The players put in a superb performance in the cup because of the glory it might bring.
Fast forward to the Championship" Why should I care ?I'm still getting paid a fortune and in the summer I'll be in the EPL either with AFCB or another club that want's to sign me".
Why would you think that when no EPL club showed any interest in any player other than Everton for King. I’m not convinced we have any EPL standard players currently albeit two or three have the potential to be.

4 points out of 6 and made The Fa Cup quarter finals in one week

My god what a pampered fan base we have become
Never get this attitude, surely as a fan you always want your team to be striving for more?? Otherwise what's the point??
Even if it's not realistic, being a fan isn't about realism it's about dreaming of that big win or the next big success.

Aside from that - yes we have 4 points from 6 but the performances have been poor. Very lucky against Birmingham (placed 23rd) and terrible today against Forrest (placed 17th) I don't think it's 'pampered' to expect some better performances?

Need to appoint new manager soon. 2 points dropped today. Rotherham is simply a must win midweek and tbh we will need to win 13 of the last 17 to have any hope of top 2 so it's looking like playoffs which considering the individual talent of this team is a complete underachievement.

Never get this attitude, surely as a fan you always want your team to be striving for more?? Otherwise what's the point??
Even if it's not realistic, being a fan isn't about realism it's about dreaming of that big win or the next big success.

Aside from that - yes we have 4 points from 6 but the performances have been poor. Very lucky against Birmingham (placed 23rd) and terrible today against Forrest (placed 17th) I don't think it's 'pampered' to expect some better performances?

Nothing wrong with wanting better performances, it's just deluded to think even a big name manager would do any better in such a short space of time.

Like I said before who knows if Woodgate is any good but he's done as good as could be expected over the last three games.

;