Jonathan Woodgate

Do you want Woodgate in charge first game of next season?

• Yes

Votes: 102 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 104 50.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm really quite angry about this appointment. If we have to have a failed Boro manager, let's bring in Bryan Robson. He's an awful coach but anyone who has played under him has said he was the best man manager they've ever had, partly because of his fabled hollow legs.

I'm really quite angry about this appointment. If we have to have a failed Boro manager, let's bring in Bryan Robson. He's an awful coach but anyone who has played under him has said he was the best man manager they've ever had, partly because of his fabled hollow legs.

To be fair Robson got them to FA Cup & League Final as a manager and they had 3 points deducted that season.
Woodgate was about to get them relegated in the Championship

Well it's an outside voice which is a positive. It's also a guy who has played for Real Madrid so has been in a dressing room with big personalities, even if he wasn't particularly successful there. Thirdly, it's a decisive and swift move rather than sitting on it for a few weeks.

I'm intrigued and hopeful it will help.

He was screwed by long injuries at RM, two or three sendings off I think, and possibly an own goal or two...

BUT he was popular. With fans and the media. He worked very hard to learn Spanish, making himself available for long press conferences, all held in Spanish, while Owen could barely say Hola. He alsoworked very hard to regain fitness, and owned his mistakes.

I think the Madristas respected him, which is tough to achieve when you're surrounded by Galacticos.

Will he be any good for us?
No clue.

But if people judge him just on his recent time at Boro they're fools.

He's an 'outsider', which is excellent in IMHO, with more experience at a better level than most of those currently haunting the coaching and playing squads at DC.

To be fair Robson got them to FA Cup & League Final as a manager and they had 3 points deducted that season.
Woodgate was about to get them relegated in the Championship

That's true, and he also got them to the final of the League Cup the season after while taking them back up. However, looking at some of the players they had they should have perhaps achieved more.

My point is though, I've no doubt that we have some very good coaches on our books, but what we lack is a decent man manager. I can't imagine that JT is the sort to put his arm around players and tell them how good they are.

Just got me thinking. I wonder what Neil would have made of this rumour. You've taken your sabbatical Mr. Dawson, time to come back.

In today's paper Graeme Jones is reported as barking instructions from the touchline and active in conversations with Steve Bruce during Newcastle's game yesterday. Although we can only see the pictures on COWS was he so active for us or did the mafia inhibit his involvement.

It will be interesting to see how Woodgate has come on the club’s radar to replace Jones.

I wondered if maybe Jones had recommended him, both from up in the same neck of the woods.

Came across this, probably nothing to do with it.

Graeme Jones believes Jonathan Woodgate is doing a "fantastic job" at Middlesbrough this season - and he's speaking from experience.

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/luton-boss-graeme-jones-explains-17756908

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/...anagers-graeme-jones-jonathan-woodgate-321342

Last edited:
jones strikes me as one of those people that says everything is nice

(based on absolutely bugger all, but still)

Not really linked to this thread but did not want to start a new one, does anyone know who is are attacking coach

;