Jonathan Woodgate

Do you want Woodgate in charge first game of next season?

• Yes

Votes: 102 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 104 50.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can’t believe anyone is writing off woodgate as a coach unless have credible evidence to back this up. Fantastic ball Playing defender who has experience at top clubs like Real Madrid and seen international teams operate. He could be just the coach that Mepham and Kelly need.

It feels like some fans will look for any stick to beat the club at the moment. Sad to see.

I don’t know if he we will be any good or not but he’s only a third coaching member and it’s healthy to balance the “insular” ex player ethos.

I always thought Woodgate looked ill. He seemed very pale and perhaps he's come to train up for his Blue Badge on top of his coaching ones. Seriously I hope he brings something positive to the club.

In today's paper Graeme Jones is reported as barking instructions from the touchline and active in conversations with Steve Bruce during Newcastle's game yesterday. Although we can only see the pictures on COWS was he so active for us or did the mafia inhibit his involvement.
What a weird comment.

I always thought Woodgate looked ill. He seemed very pale and perhaps he's come to train up for his Blue Badge on top of his coaching ones. Seriously I hope he brings something positive to the club.

Yeah he's always had black bags under his eyes.

Think he's a very good appointment for us.

Sky

JOINS BOURNEMOUTH

Former Middlesbrough manager Jonathan Woodgate has joined the AFC Bournemouth coaching staff as the club's senior first team coach until the end of the season.

The 41-year-old led his hometown Boro last season in the Sky Bet Championship and comes into the Cherries' coaching department following the departure of Graeme Jones to Newcastle United.

Just until the end of the season?
Hmmmmm......
Yes, I thought that was a bit odd. But I have no problem with us offering short contracts at the moment, wherever we can. With all of the uncertainty around the world in general and AFCB in particular, I think it's probably shrewd not to overcommit.

Edited to add :
As long as Woodgate doesn't start slagging us off to anybody who will listen if we decide not to renew his contract in the Summer *ahem*

Last edited:
We won't be able to afford him next season whilst we're still in the championship.
Don't worry, we won't be in the championship for long, only one way this is going and it ain't up.

Could you give the team talk for tomorrow, your just the sort of positive we need
....jeez
Look, I'm not usually that negative about the team but just so frustrated with this bunch of players with an apparent weak mindset.
It's a bunch of players which should be doing much better. I'd be happy if we played well but still lost. We'd know they'd tried their best.
If they don't want to be here then they should leave asap. I guess in the summer now.
I think we all agree that going back up this season is our best, possibly only chance, after that, with parachute payments going we'll have to sell our better players because we can't afford them.
I personally believe that the AFCB management needs to look at themselves (not JT), why didn't we conduct a proper set of job interviews for the managerial position after Eddie left? Why did we take the easy option to promote Jason?
Another example of woolly thinking is why did we sell Gosling to a promotion rival. Perhaps to pay for a replacements wages, I don't know. It's just that Dan would have at least tried last Friday night as he at least battles for the team.
I could go on, we know there;s a lot not right at the moment.

;