Jonathan Woodgate

Do you want Woodgate in charge first game of next season?

• Yes

Votes: 102 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 104 50.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Go. A decent guy, but like JT, not up to the job. We have already gone down the inexperienced route twice this season, and how did that go for us? The job is only going to get harder, do you really trust him to oversee a rebuild?

Go. The last month was decisive and he got it wrong, so that we revisited the worst of the JT decline. When we’ve been good we’ve been outstanding, when poor we’ve been incompetent and ugly. Need a coach to bring consistency from some good talent - and to bring solidarity and belief.

Not sure but I kind of like the thought of a clear out and someone new but I have no idea who and not that JW did anything bad but like the season as a whole MEH

QUOTE="crayon_eater, post: 509632, member: 494"]Depends who they have lined up but not fussed either way although that squad should have been managed to promotion.

If there's a fire sale it becomes irrelevant anyway.[/QUOTE]
Lined up !!!!!!
That would mean an element of planning and forethought. No chance.

Stupid reason for a poll. We lost one match against a good side... had it not been a play-off nothing would have happened.

He has done far better than Tindall so he fully deserves our support. No reason to sack him whatsoever
We finished 6th where we were when JT was sacked so moo better no worse

Today was going well until Mepham cocked up. I still don't know if he got a shout or not, you'd hope the other players were screaming at him to get rid but I'm not sure they were.
Agree. I feel very sorry for JW today. We had a game plan and were executing it perfectly. He had the players well up for this one. Even after the penalty I just couldn’t see us losing the match. We looked comfortable, dangerous and full of endeavor. Then Mepham sees red, we have to change formation and personnel and all of the obvious hard work and planning of the past week goes completely out of the window.
The red card totally changed things, gave them a lift and totally messed with our predetermined plan.

When you consider that Mepham was only playing because our captain was injured in the first leg, then you have to acknowledge that JW was pretty unfortunate with the way things went today.
I also wonder, as you do, whether or not Mepham was given a shout. If not the blame is not solely his. He played the ball as if he had all of the time and space in the world. I’d be very surprised if he’d been given a shout based on what I saw and he definitely needed one in that situation !

Looking forward to next season. If we can keep today’s team ethic and desire into next season, we have another good opportunity.

:utc: and gutted for the team today, thought they did us proud.

A bit torn with this one but have gone no, but think he will be here. From the outside looking in, he seems like he's a decent motivator but not much if a tactician. I'd wager were going to lose a large chunk of the squad so attracting players is going to be tough, but not impossible. I think I'd like him to remain as a coach, learning from a more experienced manager but have no idea who that experienced manager would be and doubt he'd want to step into the number 2 spot again. I think he'll have a nice shiny new contract to sign quite soon though.

Interestingly, the Woodgate interview of COWS is not available: 'No Source Video was found'. Bego's is still there.

Normally you would think a technical glitch, but Tindall's video post Shef Wed was removed, and we found out he was sacked a few hours later.

If it is not decided in this coming week one way or another, it will yet again be a sorry day for our so called board
Agreed it must be decided very soon. If the intention is to go with JW then let him have a fighting chance and some time to try and get the players in that will make it his team. Its easy go forget he had 2 days and was then told to get us promoted with someone else's team.

Wasn't convinced he's the man, particularly v Barnsley at home where their manager got it all right with lesser players.

However, if he's still in charge next season I won't be that disappointed, mainly as I don't trust our lot to find anyone better.

;