Jonathan Woodgate

Do you want Woodgate in charge first game of next season?

• Yes

Votes: 102 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 104 50.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
But you're no good with money Istabraq.

You bet he wouldn't be sacked with a 100 QUID CHARITY BET.

You lost, and didn't even pay.

What a lowlife scumbag.

That’s interesting, as I said previously I received a private message from them asking to put a £100 bet on for charity that Woodgate would be here in August. I declined

We should remember that he was made caretaker after only a couple of days. He had to use a lot of his time getting to know the players and their strengths/weaknesses and that doesn't happen overnight. He seems to have a passion for the game (see his celebration of Arnie's first leg goal) and that passion seemed to have fired certain players up. Sadly there are some in the squad who wouldn't get fired up if sitting on a blazing can of petrol. I voted to keep him. At least for a few games and then decide.

I like him as a person, but for me he is not able to alter a match. His inability to change formations and make substitutions that make a difference cost us.

Those last 2 games were unforgivable. It was obvious to a blind man, we should have gone all out for the points.

Look at the difference with that watch freak of a manager at Brentford, with how he reacted to going down to ten, at our place He kept two up front, we take off a potential match winner, and then play at least 2 and possibly 3 players out of position.

He just stands there and hopes.

So its a reluctant no for me.

A decision must be made this week one way or another. Personally I'd prefer someone a bit more versatile but do we keepJW as coach for a bit of continuity?
Whoever is manager, we need to get rid of those players who are going to leave and get several new players in asap

I like him as a person, but for me he is not able to alter a match. His inability to change formations and make substitutions that make a difference cost us.

Those last 2 games were unforgivable. It was obvious to a blind man, we should have gone all out for the points.

Look at the difference with that watch freak of a manager at Brentford, with how he reacted to going down to ten, at our place He kept two up front, we take off a potential match winner, and then play at least 2 and possibly 3 players out of position.

Totally agree with the reactions to the Managers going a player down. We needed Brooks and his ability to carry the ball when down to 10. We kept Billing on for his aerial ability in both boxes but that didnt work out as we never got to their box. Also we needed Long on much earlier with his chasing lost causes attitude and ability to hold the ball

Spot on for me. I like the guy and nice to see the passion on the touchline, but not sure he'd be able to get us out of a rut (which happens to every team in the championship).

However, for me it's a reluctant 'go' on proviso we actually have a plan and a progressive option lined up as a replacement. If the alternative is JW goes, we hunt around for 'big' names who turn us down, and then we desperately turn to O'Neil, then better off just keeping JW on.

We all know the club has done nothing to sorting anything for next season
You'd like to think there would be plans afoot.

Might not help if several staff have one eye on Eddie's next club.

Also imagine there will be redundancies of other support staff unfortunately. We kept on a very large support structure of analysts, fitness data etc this season (according to multiple afcb podcasts).

This is disappointing given that the majority of comments seem to suggest NO. Who are the silent ones and what did you see in that second half of a season to give you that opinion ?

What really annoys me about this is why doesn’t he say he wants it or not?
All this dashed pussyfooting around.
I’d respect him more if he just said openly:
‘Yes I’ve loved it here, I love the club and yes I’d very much like to be considered for the job.’
Instead it’s all ‘I haven’t thought about it’ and ‘it’s not my decision.’

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/19322443.jonathan-woodgate-unsure-will-stay-cherries-boss/

I want a manager who outright wants the job and sees his future here.
If it’s you Wooders old bean have the bloody courage to say so.

A scenario.

Say nothing and job is offered - job accepted or not.

Say nothing, not offered job - after consideration it wasn’t the job for me.

Some might call it saving face or being diplomatic.

Take your choice.

However, for me it's a reluctant 'go' on proviso we actually have a plan and a progressive option lined up as a replacement. If the alternative is JW goes, we hunt around for 'big' names who turn us down, and then we desperately turn to O'Neil, then better off just keeping JW on.
That could end up being the key to all this. Looking at our last 2 seasons and the way the club is run at the moment, who would we be likely to attract ?
An Allardyce like journeyman ? We’re not going to get anyone young and ambitious with the current set up. I can’t even see someone like Parker coming down unless he fancies life by the sea. Maybe, just maybe, JW is a reformed character. Perhaps family life in somewhere like Bournemouth does give you a different perspective on things. If he is given the contract then I hope the next generation can get excited by JW’s Red and Black Army.

We still have the Eddie Howe Factor hanging over us.
All this bollux about Celtic and will he Raid us of Staff and Players?
He won't last 5 minutes up there if he loses tae the Fookin Rainjus too many times early on and if he ain't Catholic to boot...he will be in danger of top grade abuse.

That's assuming he dont go Palace...but then similar rumours will abound about raiding us.
Sorry..but these things gotta be addressed by me and the rest of the ' woke' as long as the media puts it out there.

He definitely made progress, we seem to have more of an identity, consistency in team selection and team spirit definitely on the up.

Also occurred to me that Fulham, Sheffield United and WBA are weaker than Norwich and Watford this season, so if we can keep some key players and re-invest wisely to replace and cover up some of the other limitations following the inevitable outgoing of 2/3 there is definitely hope.

I think it would be a mistake to rip up that progress and start again
You'd like to think there would be plans afoot.

Might not help if several staff have one eye on Eddie's next club.

Also imagine there will be redundancies of other support staff unfortunately. We kept on a very large support structure of analysts, fitness data etc this season (according to multiple afcb podcasts).
As I've posted previously, we can't plan without knowing who the manager is going to be and what players he wants to retain or get shot of. The play offs don't help with forward planning as clubs don't know their budgets. Bristol City and Preston are just 2 clubs that I know of who are already dismantling their squads. By the time our board have sat on their thumbs and worried about how much compensation we can get from Celtic for our back room staff we will be miles behind other Championship clubs. Then they will start to think about who manages our club. With this board we really don't stand a chance of achieving very much next season.

He can only pick the team for the game, can’t blame him for the referee giving a penalty and Mepham making an error and being red carded.

If Steve Cook had been fit we know he would have started today.

His record in charge this season means JW deserves another chance.

Like his enthusiasm as well and think it had rubbed off on our players.

After 5 minutes today it looked like we might have been on our way to Wembley, but football is a funny old game and that Is why we love it, only today it didn’t love us.
Blame him for being stupid enough to have Mepham in the lineup in the first place. We all knew he was a choker....Sorry I meant to say a choker and an incompetent idiot who panicked by rugby tackling a player as a pathetic attempt to recover from his amateur handling of the ball defensively....

;