Jonathan Woodgate

Do you want Woodgate in charge first game of next season?

• Yes

Votes: 102 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 104 50.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Incredible. 166 votes, completely split 50/50. Bet there hasn’t ever been a closer poll with such a high number of voters @DJ?

View attachment 5781

And this matches my feelings. I haven't voted, because I'm just not sure.

Positives
Seemed to get the dressing room a bit more aligned
Seven wins in a row
Apparently popular
Came across well and positively in the media and after games
Should be able to organise a defence
Got the formation right
Got Billing in the right place
He's not an old dinosaur

Negatives
Some subs appeared odd
The players seemed out of control on Monday
Four defeats out of the last five games of the season
Some players still not seeming particularly enthusiastic - at least not consistently so
No track record of managerial success
Seemed to struggle when things were going wrong
Next season is hugely pivotal in respect of our future, so should we rely on someone so inexperienced?

For me, neither side is balanced more than the other, hence my indecision.

I guess it comes down to a single question, for me.....

If the board have someone else in mind NOW (not starting the process now) who is ready, willing and able to start asap, then change.

If they don't, and we're going to lose several weeks whilst they get their thumbs out of their arses and wonder which ex-footballer to leak to the press that they want to approach, then we need to keep Woodgate and give him the opportunity of a full pre-season and recruitment

Interesting that Stanislas hasn’t signed. To say he’s injury prone would be an understatement. Wonder what his value is on the open market with that injury history.

Interesting that Stanislas hasn’t signed. To say he’s injury prone would be an understatement. Wonder what his value is on the open market with that injury history.

I expect we've offered him reduced terms and he/his agent are scouring the market to see if he can get better elsewhere...

And this matches my feelings. I haven't voted, because I'm just not sure.

Positives
Seemed to get the dressing room a bit more aligned
Seven wins in a row
Apparently popular
Came across well and positively in the media and after games
Should be able to organise a defence
Got the formation right
Got Billing in the right place
He's not an old dinosaur

Negatives
Some subs appeared odd
The players seemed out of control on Monday
Four defeats out of the last five games of the season
Some players still not seeming particularly enthusiastic - at least not consistently so
No track record of managerial success
Seemed to struggle when things were going wrong
Next season is hugely pivotal in respect of our future, so should we rely on someone so inexperienced?

For me, neither side is balanced more than the other, hence my indecision.

I guess it comes down to a single question, for me.....

If the board have someone else in mind NOW (not starting the process now) who is ready, willing and able to start asap, then change.

If they don't, and we're going to lose several weeks whilst they get their thumbs out of their arses and wonder which ex-footballer to leak to the press that they want to approach, then we need to keep Woodgate and give him the opportunity of a full pre-season and recruitment

Agree with all of the above, the reason why I fall on to the “cheerio” camp is, I’m not a fan of what I’m watching. We’ve need a bit of back bone, we’ve needed to see the players care. But it’s swung too far in that direction now.

QUOTE="98Grad, post: 510743, member: 3928"]Interesting that Stanislas hasn’t signed. To say he’s injury prone would be an understatement. Wonder what his value is on the open market with that injury history.[/QUOTE]

One of our most talented posters with an output superior to brooks last season. Just too many injuries and then take time to get back to match fit level. I would definitely keep
in the squad though.

If Eddie does take Purches, then I agree... Would be good to keep JW on, however, I wonder if he would want to keep working here having effectively been demoted...

Difficult all round. Will be plenty of job opportunities in the summer so maybe he will move on. Been a good move for him though and depends if he feels he can learn from a new manager?

Do we know of any experienced managers that have become available ? Obviously not sure about managers/coaches on the continent. Would our board be looking abroad ?

Do we know of any experienced managers that have become available ? Obviously not sure about managers/coaches on the continent. Would our board be looking abroad ?
I think our Board will be reviewing their old Panini sticker albums to come up with a list of star name players they could dream might want to manage us

Last edited:
...If Max has any future plans for the development of AFCB he will hopefully look at his boardroom team aswell to calculate how efficient and effective some of them have been in making business decisions have influenced the last season and where we are now?

I am talking the likes of Mostyn and Blake who haven't really performed that great!

...If Max has any future plans for the development of AFCB he will hopefully look at his boardroom team aswell to calculate how efficient and effective some of them have been in making business decisions have influenced the last season and where we are now?

I am talking the likes of Mostyn and Blake who haven't really performed that great!

Exactly this.
I expect sackings.

We all assume Max is astute...!! Maybe he is guilty of relying too much on people he thinks he can trust...

I'm also hoping that 'later this week' means tomorrow... We need to get things moving ASAP...

Why wait until the end of the season
Could they not have met earlier and had various options decided based on what happened
Would put us in a better position going forward

Mail still linking us with Lampard, he is also reported to be on WBA short list.

Bournemouth, who have missed out on a return to the Premier League, also have a long-standing interest in Lampard.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9614387/Former-Chelsea-boss-
Frank-Lampard-assistant-Jody-Morris-set-ways.html

As a former Bournemouth player, Lampard seems like he would be the most obvious target to try and lead the Cherries back to the top flight. :idea::idea::idea:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/3...should-consider-to-replace-jonathan-woodgate/

Last edited:

;