Jonathan Woodgate

Do you want Woodgate in charge first game of next season?

• Yes

Votes: 102 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 104 50.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Trending on Twitter.

Winning friends on the toon…

Whilst its not as simple as buying all the top players, you only have to look Man City to see if certainly is possible over time...

They won't be able to sign the true world class players right away, but they'll be plenty of takers from the next tier down if they're prepared to pay a premium.

Just accidentally flicked on Soccer AM and Jonathan Woodgate is a guest.

Anyone watching? Has he said anything interesting?

Caught his prediction on Radio 5, just before heading to the pub this evening, that as Norwich were leading one-nil, Liverpool, were out of the title race.

I've just had a look at the Prem table and see Liverpool are 2nd, are 6 points behind but with a game in hand on Man. City, who are currently in 1st.

The bloke must be a nob. I remember the papers being full of guff in March 1971, that Arsenal couldn't possibly catch Leeds Utd. as Arsenal were 7 points behind and the season was nearly over.

7 x points - at a time when it was 2 points for a win - meant 3 x wins and a draw, just to draw level. 10 points in today's money.

Obviously, Arsenal did the double that season.

Caught his prediction on Radio 5, just before heading to the pub this evening, that as Norwich were leading one-nil, Liverpool, were out of the title race.

I've just had a look at the Prem table and see Liverpool are 2nd, are 6 points behind but with a game in hand on Man. City, who are currently in 1st.

The bloke must be a nob. I remember the papers being full of guff in March 1971, that Arsenal couldn't possibly catch Leeds Utd. as Arsenal were 7 points behind and the season was nearly over.

7 x points - at a time when it was 2 points for a win - meant 3 x wins and a draw, just to draw level. 10 points in today's money.

Obviously, Arsenal did the double that season.
If he disses Liverpool. I love him. Cannot stand the club and all it's followers.

For the first time ever, I am in a workplace with no plastic Man U and Liverpool followers. That in itself, is a major achievement.

For the first time ever, I am in a workplace with no plastic Man U and Liverpool followers. That in itself, is a major achievement.
I absolutely love having friends /introduced to new friends tell me they support one of the supposed 'big teams'.
Should see their faces when I ask them where they come from :north London/kensington (no),Stanley park (no) even Trafford Park.
Of course I know they aren't from there ,brilliant to see them squirm trying to justify their choice of club.

I absolutely love having friends /introduced to new friends tell me they support one of the supposed 'big teams'.
Should see their faces when I ask them where they come from :north London/kensington (no),Stanley park (no) even Trafford Park.
Of course I know they aren't from there ,brilliant to see them squirm trying to justify their choice of club.

Nothing like a glory hunter;);)

Woodgate: Top Bloke

Played at a level none of ours will ever reach.
Oh come on Brian. Top bloke. I know it was a long time ago but I’m sure if you asked the young boy, after having seven shades of **************** knocked out of him, if Woodgate was a top bloke you’d get a different answer.

Last edited:
Oh come on Brian. Top bloke. I know it was a long time ago but I’m sure if you asked the young Asian boy, after having seven shades of **************** knocked out of him, if Woodgate was a top bloke you’d get a different answer.
I'm sure someone will be along in a minute to say it was only banter, or the bloke shouldn't have dressed like that, he was asking for it etc etc.

Light- Hearted posts just don't quite cut it on our Forum . ...but the responses are quite amusing ! :rolleyes:

yeah I know what you mean on this occasion. imagine you just meant how he comes across, likable etc in his time here, plus achievements as a player. imagine hes a good man manager, motivator, leader etc in the changing rooms.

;