Jonathan Woodgate

Do you want Woodgate in charge first game of next season?

• Yes

Votes: 102 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 104 50.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Shame he didn't stay the reserved, thoughtful coach he appeared to be during the first four games. Didn't take long before some true colours began to show.

Being so bullish that his formation was the right thing to do against QPR, seemingly untouchable from questioning.

Now inconsistent man management of the players, Mepham metaphorical arm around the shoulder following his mistake. Rico, branded stupid and thrown under the bus.

Also absolutely adamant that you cannot play high tempo, high pressing, free-flowing attacking football in this division.

I'd forgive him for not seeing us in 2015, but there are plenty of other examples to show that this is exactly how you win this league let alone reach the top six.

Shame he didn't stay the reserved, thoughtful coach he appeared to be during the first four games. Didn't take long before some true colours began to show.

Being so bullish that his formation was the right thing to do against QPR, seemingly untouchable from questioning.

Now inconsistent man management of the players, Mepham metaphorical arm around the shoulder following his mistake. Rico, branded stupid and thrown under the bus.

Also absolutely adamant that you cannot play high tempo, high pressing, free-flowing attacking football in this division.

I'd forgive him for not seeing us in 2015, but there are plenty of other examples to show that this is exactly how you win this league let alone reach the top six.
Well I am adamant the only way we would get out of the division is by playing , free-flowing attacking football.

Exactly watch the 14/15 dvd matey and see how it was done - how about his old team Leeds last season too ?

Exactly watch the 14/15 dvd matey and see how it was done - how about his old team Leeds last season too ?
As Wellsworld predicted, as the defeats and poor results mount up, I expect Woodgate's press conferences to get increasingly bizarre. It seems as though he is already off to a good start !

Just watched Woodgate’s post match interview. What an @rsehole for publicly throwing Rico under the bus. Rico made an error of judgement (it happens) and he had a very poor game so have a go in private by all means, but confidence is already rock bottom throughout the squad, this is just stupid and naive management.

Is it me or has Woodgate’s demeanour and language suddenly changed since he was appointed full time?

I think the Board have made a very poor decision here but thankfully he only has a short-term contract.

Just watched Woodgate’s post match interview. What an @rsehole for publicly throwing Rico under the bus. Rico made an error of judgement (it happens) and he had a very poor game so have a go in private by all means, but confidence is already rock bottom throughout the squad, this is just stupid and naive management.

Is it me or has Woodgate’s demeanour and language suddenly changed since he was appointed full time?

I think the Board have made a very poor decision here but thankfully he only has a short-term contract.

Personally I don’t think saying “giving away a penalty is unacceptable” is that bad, Woodgate is clearly frustrated, to be honest I empathise with him! Hopefully one step closer to Zemura getting a chance to see if he is up to it. Agree with you though, I don’t think he’s the manager this club needs right now.

Good to see he’s been creative out of the transfer window, was “Sam Sturridge” brought in on a free? :)

they get the first one from a set play and then a stupid penalty, going to the floor too early really."

Is it that bad? I’ve definitely heard far worse from managers talking about their players and even so, maybe some accountability is what they need?

On the flipside, maybe I’m just frustrated that they have been mollycoddled for too long and you both are right that this isn’t ideal from a manager just walked in the door trying to build relationships with players!

Middlesborough fans warned us

Is it that bad? I’ve definitely heard far worse from managers talking about their players and even so, maybe some accountability is what they need?

On the flipside, maybe I’m just frustrated that they have been mollycoddled for too long and you both are right that this isn’t ideal from a manager just walked in the door trying to build relationships with players!

Personally I’d say there’s far better language to use to still be disappointed with the challenge but without branding it “stupid”.

they get the first one from a set play and then a stupid penalty, going to the floor too early really."

I think the scene was set when he called the Rotherham defenders 'Meatheads'. Although it was a stupid tackle, maybe diplomacy in the media is needed.

yeah without splitting hairs he called the incident stupid, not the player... which you said in another post. bit of a difference imo.

Taking my comment out of context.
I was discussing Woodgate’s comments in general in the media and actually said...
So Mepham’s mistake was defended, Rico’s mistake was branded stupid. Hence my comment on inconsistent man management.

;