Jordan Archer

Derek Shackleton.... didn’t he play football and cricket? He was on the cleaning staff when I was at Canford School and his wife was the matron... Ooo err matron... !

Beefy did make his debut for Scunny we were winning 3.0 and he came on and the final score was 3-3. All the papers were yelling about super sub Botham but from memory he was totally anonymous apart from one good shot

Indeed K, me and the siblings were stood behind the away dugout for that match, we were star struck while he was warming up so close to us but his performance was pretty disappointing! I think he came on as right back

Indeed K, me and the siblings were stood behind the away dugout for that match, we were star struck while he was warming up so close to us but his performance was pretty disappointing! I think he came on as right back

he looked a bit "chunky" as I recall

Beefy did make his debut for Scunny we were winning 3.0 and he came on and the final score was 3-3. All the papers were yelling about super sub Botham but from memory he was totally anonymous apart from one good shot
Yep, the headline the next day in (I think) the Daily Fail was "Beefy Botham is a supersub".....

Cricketers who played football in the off-season. Now that's a blast from the past.

Didn't Beefy turn out for Scunny? Crazy to think about in modern terms.
Is Archer a cricketer as well then? I presume thats why this thread is dominated with the subject

Yep, the headline the next day in (I think) the Daily Fail was "Beefy Botham is a supersub".....

Indeed, hailed as super sub but iirc correctly scunnys last two goals were complete freaks scored from at least 35 yards out
Came up on Question of sport;Which England captain played in the fooball league fourth division.

A good quiz question which team has had 3 England captains playing for them? Scunny, Kevin Keegan, Ray Clemence and Ian Botham!!

A good quiz question which team has had 3 England captains playing for them? Scunny, Kevin Keegan, Ray Clemence and Ian Botham!!

He looked decent on the COWS video, could be a shrewd back up GK signing.
Considering he was on trial he was quite impressive in that session. I think we could well end up offering him a contract and tbh he already looks like an upgrade on Begovic. I’d give him a go if the price is right, definitely.

;