Jordan Zemura

Some older readers may remember when our main goalscorer, who was out of contact at the end of the season, "allegedly" signed a pre-contact agreement at another club in the same division.

Despite a lot of denials, at the end of the season the player in question left for the club that anyone that read local newspapers in Stockport already knew about, having read it in January.

Average of a goal every other game for them.

Left the following summer for Luton and it was pretty much downhill from there for him.
That was more down to injuries than anything else. He was decent at Luton, playing a bit part role in their championship side (league one was always his level.) He returned to his natural level of league one with Swansea for a brief spell and continued to be prolific at that level. It was when he moved to Cardiff that things went downhill, he was injury ridden and barely played in three years. By the end of that spell his legs had basically completely gone, and it was just a matter of when he would retire.

Stockport… he scored and ran the length of the North stand with his his hand cupping his ear? Or was it Swansea?

I’m sure I haven’t dreamt that but who knows… with all the crap I spout.:grinning:

Stockport, they'd spent loads on players, had someone like Sammy McIlroy as manager, media favourites to get promoted, Weeney was their marquee signing. Played us in an evening match, my memory thinks it was a Friday. Weeney scored a consolation goal to make it 3-1, I think, ran along front of the North Stand, before doing the big jump and fist pump in front of the family stand. Got the reaction he deserved. Think that season was the beginning of the end for Stockport, Weeney went on to various clubs and may have scored against us for one of them. Wasn't he nearly always offside for us? : )

Silly post. How’s it an embarrassment? He was offered way more on multiple occasions and turned down each offer. What is the club supposed to do?

Well, we know the club offered way more in the end.. The alleged £30k a week was on the table recently... No one knows what sort of offers the club have tabled for him throughout this process... Potentially a lot less...?!?!?

Just playing Devil's advocate here... We shouldn't jumt to accuse or defend either party without knowing what has gone on... and we'll never know that...

Stockport… he scored and ran the length of the North stand with his his hand cupping his ear? Or was it Swansea?

I’m sure I haven’t dreamt that but who knows… with all the crap I spout.:grinning:
It was Stockport. A great looping header to be fair, he had been booed all evening. It made him look like a bit of a mug though as it was only a consolation goal in a 2-1 defeat!

Re JZ I think he should be told to bring a box take his stuff and go now. He won’t play for us again and I don’t see any point in delaying things. Let him head off to Italy and get acclimatised. I wish him no ill but I don’t think it does any good with a malcontent kicking around with the Development Squad. I think Jordan will find Italy a tough gig - he won’t have any brownie points for coming through the youth system there and the fans are a lot less forgiving generally. It also has to be said that he will inevitably encounter racism on a whole new level there. No language skills and a long long way from his family too. I think apart from getting a few million for a development fee we have lost nothing - Kelly is a much better player and we have Vina as cover. Thanks for last year JZ - but push off now

Re JZ I think he should be told to bring a box take his stuff and go now. He won’t play for us again and I don’t see any point in delaying things. Let him head off to Italy and get acclimatised. I wish him no ill but I don’t think it does any good with a malcontent kicking around with the Development Squad. I think Jordan will find Italy a tough gig - he won’t have any brownie points for coming through the youth system there and the fans are a lot less forgiving generally. It also has to be said that he will inevitably encounter racism on a whole new level there. No language skills and a long long way from his family too. I think apart from getting a few million for a development fee we have lost nothing - Kelly is a much better player and we have Vina as cover. Thanks for last year JZ - but push off now
And for all of those questions that you have written I have to ask myself "who the f#ck is advising this lad?"

Real fans remember these things.. nice work
It is easier for me to remember because Warren Feeney was my favourite player when I first started going to games, absolutely idolised the guy. Remember trying to imitate him in the school playground whereas everybody else was idolising Gerrard, Beckham, Henry etc lol. Never forget how devastated I was when my old man broke the news to me that he had left, we were on holiday in Majorca at the time and it ruined the whole holiday for me lol maybe if he had signed for a bigger side then I could have accepted it, but f****g Stockport?! (Yes, there is part of me that still isn’t over it haha)

It is easier for me to remember because Warren Feeney was my favourite player when I first started going to games, absolutely idolised the guy. Remember trying to imitate him in the school playground whereas everybody else was idolising Gerrard, Beckham, Henry etc lol. Never forget how devastated I was when my old man broke the news to me that he had left, we were on holiday in Majorca at the time and it ruined the whole holiday for me lol maybe if he had signed for a bigger side then I could have accepted it, but f****g Stockport?! (Yes, there is part of me that still isn’t over it haha)
Thank god it wasn't Derek Holmes

I remember taking a Welsh girl I’d just started seeing to the Swansea away game where he had a blinder (scored twice I think in a 3-0). Twenty minutes in she said ‘who’s the speedy Gonzales one that looks like Eminem’ sounds better in a Welsh accent that sentence. To me and my mates he was always Eminem after that.

;