Jordan Zemura

In reality we don't know the ins and outs.

Curious to know how he and Lerma were different.
I choose to give the club the benefit of the doubt, rather than believe that they were capricious and arbitrary. I have to think that for one reason or another, Zemura's presence at training was disruptive in ways that Lerma's was not. I can't quite figure out what exactly that would have been, but there must have been something. Right?

I choose to give the club the benefit of the doubt, rather than believe that they were capricious and arbitrary. I have to think that for one reason or another, Zemura's presence at training was disruptive in ways that Lerma's was not. I can't quite figure out what exactly that would have been, but there must have been something. Right?
He's young, maybe he sulked. I can imagine his mate Anthony would be torn between loyalty to him and to the club and maybe a couple of the other younger players might've felt the same so his presence would've been disruptive?

He's young, maybe he sulked. I can imagine his mate Anthony would be torn between loyalty to him and to the club and maybe a couple of the other younger players might've felt the same so his presence would've been disruptive?

It's interesting that you mentioned Anthony as his inclusion in the side dipped around the same time all this came out about Zemura... I wonder if there were some difficulties effecting Jaidon's game... You can only assume his lack of minutes was the direct result of form on the training pitch. I really hope Jaidon pushes on next season and he has it all in his locker... just needs to perform on the pitch now, in his actual position.

Again, it's all speculation but you have to think 'something' happened between the club and Zemura, and maybe that was a case of 'the silence is deafening'... where as Jeff openly said he wasn't staying but wanted to give his all...

Jeff has a lot in the bank at this club, whereas Zemura was just starting out, made his break and name and then seemingly got distracted by bright lights and dollar signs...

I wish him no ill and hope he succeeds... He'll probably end up back in the UK sometime soon, maybe a Champ club...

It's interesting that you mentioned Anthony as his inclusion in the side dipped around the same time all this came out about Zemura... I wonder if there were some difficulties effecting Jaidon's game... You can only assume his lack of minutes was the direct result of form on the training pitch. I really hope Jaidon pushes on next season and he has it all in his locker... just needs to perform on the pitch now, in his actual position.

Again, it's all speculation but you have to think 'something' happened between the club and Zemura, and maybe that was a case of 'the silence is deafening'... where as Jeff openly said he wasn't staying but wanted to give his all...

Jeff has a lot in the bank at this club, whereas Zemura was just starting out, made his break and name and then seemingly got distracted by bright lights and dollar signs...

I wish him no ill and hope he succeeds... He'll probably end up back in the UK sometime soon, maybe a Champ club...
Maybe just a clash of personalities between him and GON. Maybe after last season he thought he'd start every game but then found himself in and out the team? Perhaps GON wanted him to change his game and be a bit more defensive and couldn't or didn't want to do that? Or, as was rumoured at the time, it was about money. Whatever, it's a shame because I thought Anthony and him had that whole Daniels/Pugh understanding with the added bonus of Billing in the mix that could've been a killer combination.

I suppose that if the club sign Vina we'll know it wasn't Zemura's defensive frailties that were the problem but otherwise I guess we'll have to wait until he writes his memoirs.

In reality we don't know the ins and outs.

Curious to know how he and Lerma were different.
Lerma kept his cards close to his chest. Zemura signed for another club before the end of the season. One appeared more focused on the job than the other. One was trusted due to that and the other wasn't? Or maybe there was more to it than that between the club, agents, Zemura, O'Neil etc. It seemed quite extreme at the time, given our only other viable left back option was Vina, but I guess there were reasons. Anyway, if Zemura was at fault, he's young and will learn from it for next time.

Always puzzles me, when ex players get mentioned on here theres always someone who says ......move on or who cares....well that's fine , but why bother to post if you're not interested ?.....I always am interested in what ex players or managers are up too.....some of us do care .... :thumbup:
Usually waiting for their decision to leave us go mammaries skywards. Pure Schadenfreude. But we are interested nonetheless :devilish:

Always puzzles me, when ex players get mentioned on here theres always someone who says ......move on or who cares....well that's fine , but why bother to post if you're not interested ?.....I always am interested in what ex players or managers are up too.....some of us do care .... :thumbup:
I love keeping tracks on people we’ve enjoyed watching. Think it’s part of being a family which is what we are.

Udinese not started well in Serie A, in the bottom 3. Zemura not a starter either

No surprise... re him not starting.

Still suspect theres ulterior motive to this move. What with the Watford connection.

As a side note, and not that anyone gives a sh1t no doubt, but just sold him to Vilarreal on my latest bmouth save on football manager 23. Initial 15 mill will get 25 over 3 years with installments. possibly 30 mill total if he plays certain amount of games in that period... kerkez fair superior overall. Zemura was decent backup/rotation option at times, but his contract is up season 4, and I refused to pay him 70k a week and few mill signing on fee which his agent won't budge on, for a somewhat limited/run of mill full/wingback at pl level. Although his high workrate, pace did suit tge way I like to play.

Also sold Lerma to Palace, end of season 1 for around 20 mill, despite him agreeing a new contract in the 1st summer... and also sold Tyler Adams to I thibk leipzig for 30 mill... used the funds to sign lavia from relegated saints for 50 odd mill :). Alex Scott won his first caps for England ladt year... unbelievable set of attributes now he's maturing. So much so, Real Madrid just submitted a bid thst could be worth 110 mill if all the addins come in...

Exciting stuff right;)

Last edited:
No surprise... re him not starting.

Still suspect theres ulterior motive to this move. What with the Watford connection.

As a side note, and not that anyone gives a sh1t no doubt, but just sold him to Vilarreal on my latest bmouth save on football manager 23. Initial 15 mill will get 25 over 3 years with installments. possibly 30 mill total if he plays certain amount of games in that period... kerkez fair superior overall. Zemura was decent backup/rotation option at times, but his contract is up season 4, and I refused to pay him 70k a week and few mill signing on fee which his agent won't budge on, for a somewhat limited/run of mill full/wingback at pl level. Although his high workrate, pace did suit tge way I like to play.

Also sold Lerma to Palace, end of season 1 for around 20 mill, despite him agreeing a new contract in the 1st summer... and also sold Tyler Adams to I thibk leipzig for 30 mill... used the funds to sign lavia from relegated saints for 50 odd mill :). Alex Scott won his first caps for England ladt year... unbelievable set of attributes now he's maturing. So much so, Real Madrid just submitted a bid thst could be worth 110 mill if all the addins come in...

Exciting stuff right;)
Good luck with your interview with Messrs Blake and Hughes MB!

Good luck with your interview with Messrs Blake and Hughes MB!

Hughes was replaced asnd of first season for some highly rated Portuguese bloke (not related to wolves setup..)... joao bota iirc??

As I play xbox series x version(90% of features of full pc version... gets rid of really tedious stuff, so works perfectly for me) don't have to deal with dozens of backroom staff, such as CEO (go straight to Foley...
) so don't need to keep shuffling the likes of Fletch around to keep him employed...

Last edited:

;