Jordon Ibe

Well did they seem depressed to you?

I spent last evening with two people, two women, mother and daughter 49 and 21, in my family, who have severe Muscular Dystrophy, major mobility problems, cooped up from lockdown measures... been unable to do their Wheelchair Football this year . I made them laugh for 3 hours...they get depressed , I get told by others. .but never mention it themselves !

They have minimal Money and Resources...just carers twice a week and me popping in here and there...too proud to ask for more...the younger one struggling but determined to get her Art Degree..She will be lucky to reach her mothers age...and she knows that.
I actually asked her, tentatively, last night, about Depression...she laughed at me and said nothing else...
Depression can manifest itself in a variety of different ways. Status and wealth has nothing to do with it. You can have everything you ever wanted and still suffer from it. It is an illness.

No good trying to explain that to Brian......if you have money and any sort of celebrity status then you are not allowed to feel like anyone else, and you should sort yourself out.

I listened to every word...the whole session was permeated by laughter from them all..including Jordan....it wasn't a serious discussion about Depression.
So talking about depression you are not allowed to laugh ? A couple of posts back you mentioned how you spent 3 hours making someone laugh .

Depression can manifest itself in a variety of different ways. Status and wealth has nothing to do with it. You can have everything you ever wanted and still suffer from it. It is an illness.

Yes an illness...when its Real.

But..You can't tell me that many people in Celebrity sector don't use it as an excuse when the 'career' goes off the boil...or a 'revelation 'is brought forth.
Keep an eye on Prince Harry...Schofield and Piers Morgan...to start !

So talking about depression you are not allowed to laugh ? A couple of posts back you mentioned how you spent 3 hours making someone laugh .

Of course you can laugh...but I saw no signs of ' Depression' around that particular gathering in those moments..or much actual deep discussion about Jordan's 'problems'....i was just commenting on what seemed to be presented.

It comes natural to me, if I see people seeming 'down'...to make them laugh.

Discussing or exchanging posts in this way ...moves toward getting the subject aired from different angles...rather than just accepting the ' in vogue' media flow !

Discussing or exchanging posts in this way ...moves toward getting the subject aired from different angles...rather than just accepting the ' in vogue' media flow !

I mean we are at the end of mental health week so it’s been aired in many different angles, you’re suggesting mental health isn’t an issue for these footballers.

One great giant duckwit.. is how I interpret some posters on this forum ....

Well ..that's what Forums breed...and the beauty of them is the broad range of what you get from across society.
Opinions and Interpretations of....then you puts yer labels and nicknames on the posters as you feel the need !
Its a bit easier to compartmentalise or Pigeonhole people online than in Real Life interaction.

I mean we are at the end of mental health week so it’s been aired in many different angles, you’re suggesting mental health isn’t an issue for these footballers.

" mental health week ". as promulgated by ' the media '..the Press.

If its an Issue..then its for everyone of course..Footballers Yes !..and its not just about Money..as someone mentioned...but advantages come with that Money...to purchase ' ways out'..' help'...flash and easily arranged and paid for holidays anywhere. Dubai !.... chic houses and clothing ( 'looking good' was mentioned in that clip!) the flash cars etc.

Last edited:
Brian, have you never heard the expression "tears of a clown" ?

It's often the case that people who appear to be outwardly jolly and happy are in fact deeply depressed inside. There are many famous comedians, for example, who suffer badly from depression.

I can easily put up with most of the stuff Brian comes out with, but as someone (alongside millions of others) that has suffered with crippling depression and then had to justify their feelings despite “seeming all happy and fine” to family and friends, I would really appreciate if it you’d stop chatting this utter ****************.

Even if Ibe is...what, “pretending to be depressed”, despite having all dem flash cars and wads of cash, I never thought I’d be busting one of these out, but I do genuinely find that offensive. Can you not please? It’s really not your place to “call this out”.

Yes an illness...when its Real.

But..You can't tell me that many people in Celebrity sector don't use it as an excuse when the 'career' goes off the boil...or a 'revelation 'is brought forth.
Keep an eye on Prince Harry...Schofield and Piers Morgan...to start !
As far as I’m aware you’re not a psychologist/doctor? Which means that you’re not in a position to diagnose anybody, not that it would even be possible based on an online interview/not even meeting the person face to face. What makes you think you are in a position to diagnose an individual you have likely never even met?

As far as I’m aware you’re not a psychologist/doctor? Which means that you’re not in a position to diagnose anybody, not that it would even be possible based on an online interview/not even meeting the person face to face. What makes you think you are in a position to diagnose an individual you have likely never even met?
Hey Waz...listen up...like you... and others yes others too...I'm basically just taking a punt at it...and seeing and noting what comes back...why ? because like all of us non - professional punks out there ..I know only so much and want to learn more of what goes in this Life !

I can easily put up with most of the stuff Brian comes out with, but as someone (alongside millions of others) that has suffered with crippling depression and then had to justify their feelings despite “seeming all happy and fine” to family and friends, I would really appreciate if it you’d stop chatting this utter ****************.

Even if Ibe is...what, “pretending to be depressed”, despite having all dem flash cars and wads of cash, I never thought I’d be busting one of these out, but I do genuinely find that offensive. Can you not please? It’s really not your place to “call this out”.
So your assuming then ..that I've never had any depression or issues to overcome.. no Life experiences.. ..Calling out ? Nothing of that ...just commenting on what comes on the Pages of this and other Media stuff.
If Jordan turns his 'stuff'. to positive outcomes...I can praise him up. let's see how his 'interested advisors/agents' shape him!

Last edited:
Hey Waz...listen up...like you... and others yes others too...I'm basically just taking a punt at it...and seeing and noting what comes back...why ? because like all of us non - professional punks out there ..I know only so much and want to learn more of what goes in this Life !
No not having that....you shoot your mouth off, realise you've upset people, and then use a shovel to dig yourself deeper trying to make out you are interested in learning......do me a favour . You do this time and time again, for someone who likes to tell everyone he is so well travelled and learned you should know better, but as in the past I will expect more of your tripe.................rant over

Brian, have you never heard the expression "tears of a clown" ?

It's often the case that people who appear to be outwardly jolly and happy are in fact deeply depressed inside. There are many famous comedians, for example, who suffer badly from depression.

Yes..I'm aware of the expression.
And in this land...we've also seen much positivity ..jolly and happy... from such as Rolf Harris and J.Saville..
Judgements are so prone to frailities..for want of a better word.

Last edited:
No not having that....you shoot your mouth off, realise you've upset people, and then use a shovel to dig yourself deeper trying to make out you are interested in learning......do me a favour . You do this time and time again, for someone who likes to tell everyone he is so well travelled and learned you should know better, but as in the past I will expect more of your tripe.................rant over

No..your not having that..you rarely do when it comes to my output.!.
I don't consider I've dug myself any holes...I just say what a lot of people my age think about modern ways of thinking and tackling problems !
You can ' upset' me as much as you like...I'll get over it !

;