Jordon Ibe

:rofl:
Blimey, he must have become even worse since he left us.
That is pretty brutal !

EDIT:
As astute as Eddie was, you have to wonder what on earth made him persevere with Ibe for as long as he did. I think he had more patience with and gave more chances to Ibe than just about anybody else who continually didn't quite deliver.
He obviously saw something in Ibe which he didn't see in Tomlin for instance.
Tomlin was clearly a very naturally talented ball player but Eddie quickly decided that he didn't have the attitude to succeed here. Did Jordon somehow bluff his way into convincing EH that he had the right attitude to make the grade ?
I'd personally put Ibe down as one of Eddie's worst misjudgements of character.
A strange one indeed, not sure what EH saw in him. It was clear to most of us that the guy was a bit of a disaster area.

there are so many times where Bournemouth players have mentioned him when having the conversation of 'whos the most naturally gifted player' or 'the most skilled'. so i imagine that's what he would see a lot of the time. probably thought, if we could just turn a corner we have a game-winner in the squad

there are so many times where Bournemouth players have mentioned him when having the conversation of 'whos the most naturally gifted player' or 'the most skilled'. so i imagine that's what he would see a lot of the time. probably thought, if we could just turn a corner we have a game-winner in the squad
I don't doubt for a moment that this is what EH thought. I don't think many of us doubted his talent either. What surprises me is that EH took so long to realise that the guy was damaged goods. His inconsistent performances were indicative of his chaotic mental state and his off-field antics ( not just the car crashes but his social media presence in general ) should have been enough for EH to realise that this young man was never going to change and didn't have the character to ever fulfil his potential ( as has so far proven to be the case ), nor the character the club would like to be represented by.

I mentioned Tomlin because he too was a very gifted player, he just had a lazy attitude and EH was very quick to decide that he had no future with us.
Ibe may not have had a lazy attitude, probably he trained well, but I still can't grasp how EH for so long refused to accept that the guy just didn't have what it took mentally to be a consistent performer for his team.

It was an odd one for me. EH was usually very quick to distance himself from players who let him down but Jordon kept getting chances. I do wonder whether the price tag had something to do with it, somewhere along the line.

:rofl:
Blimey, he must have become even worse since he left us.
That is pretty brutal !

EDIT:
As astute as Eddie was, you have to wonder what on earth made him persevere with Ibe for as long as he did. I think he had more patience with and gave more chances to Ibe than just about anybody else who continually didn't quite deliver.
He obviously saw something in Ibe which he didn't see in Tomlin for instance.
Tomlin was clearly a very naturally talented ball player but Eddie quickly decided that he didn't have the attitude to succeed here. Did Jordon somehow bluff his way into convincing EH that he had the right attitude to make the grade ?
I'd personally put Ibe down as one of Eddie's worst misjudgements of character.
A strange one indeed, not sure what EH saw in him. It was clear to most of us that the guy was a bit of a disaster area.

Definitely benefiting from hindsight here. He had a poor first season, improved in his second (think he might have even been our highest assist provider for that season), then went downhill again in the third.

With Tomlin, there was that incident of Twitter messages from him criticising Eddie that subsequently leaked. No way back for him after that.

Ibe’s transfer fee may have also played a role. For someone relatively cheap like Tomlin, he could be sold or loaned out with little fanfare.

Doing the same thing for our then-record signing wouldn’t have been a great look, and he might have been more inclined to work with him more as a consequence.

With Tomlin, there was that incident of Twitter messages from him criticising Eddie that subsequently leaked. No way back for him after that.
True but that only happened after EH had continually refused to start him because he didn't believe that he was taking training or his fitness seriously enough.
It reached a point where Tomlin then started to complain about being overlooked and generally feeling hard done by at the club. Then the Tweets criticising EH and the club came out, as you mentioned and of course he burned the last of his bridges right there. It's possible EH might have still been prepared to give him a chance before that happened, but Tomlin being Tomlin, there was no way he was ever going to work as hard as Eddie required him to.

You make a fair point though. I'd forgotten about the leaked Tweets. I just remember Eddie always being exasperated by Tomlin's laziness and casual attitude the whole time he was with us. EH knew that he had an incredible natural talent but soon realised that he was never going to be able to change his attitude.

I think I once saw a shirt with ibe on the back at Dean court I remember thinking then who in their right mind would get that. We must have piled in the money with Ibe’s image rights!

I think I once saw a shirt with ibe on the back at Dean court I remember thinking then who in their right mind would get that. We must have piled in the money with Ibe’s image rights!
It was just a cheapskate putting Ibe on the shirt as 3 letters doesn't cost much !!!!

I don't doubt for a moment that this is what EH thought. I don't think many of us doubted his talent either. What surprises me is that EH took so long to realise that the guy was damaged goods. His inconsistent performances were indicative of his chaotic mental state and his off-field antics ( not just the car crashes but his social media presence in general ) should have been enough for EH to realise that this young man was never going to change and didn't have the character to ever fulfil his potential ( as has so far proven to be the case ), nor the character the club would like to be represented by.

I mentioned Tomlin because he too was a very gifted player, he just had a lazy attitude and EH was very quick to decide that he had no future with us.
Ibe may not have had a lazy attitude, probably he trained well, but I still can't grasp how EH for so long refused to accept that the guy just didn't have what it took mentally to be a consistent performer for his team.

It was an odd one for me. EH was usually very quick to distance himself from players who let him down but Jordon kept getting chances. I do wonder whether the price tag had something to do with it, somewhere along the line.
Tbh I’m not sure Tomlin was that gifted, even with his head screwed on I think he’d have struggled to make it at the top level. Very good championship player on his day though. I certainly think his potential was a lot lower than Ibe’s though.

True but that only happened after EH had continually refused to start him because he didn't believe that he was taking training or his fitness seriously enough.
It reached a point where Tomlin then started to complain about being overlooked and generally feeling hard done by at the club. Then the Tweets criticising EH and the club came out, as you mentioned and of course he burned the last of his bridges right there. It's possible EH might have still been prepared to give him a chance before that happened, but Tomlin being Tomlin, there was no way he was ever going to work as hard as Eddie required him to.

You make a fair point though. I'd forgotten about the leaked Tweets. I just remember Eddie always being exasperated by Tomlin's laziness and casual attitude the whole time he was with us. EH knew that he had an incredible natural talent but soon realised that he was never going to be able to change his attitude.

I thought in addition to who had the most natural talent I think Ibe was also touted as being amazing in training to the point where some players in interviews would scratch their heads over why he couldn't replicate it in games.

There's a lad at the back of the North Stand with this particular garment.

He takes the grief with good grace to be fair to him .

;