Jordon Ibe

Unfortunately i don't think he has the workrate for the Championship or the desire for league One, which is needed to succeed down there, he just Isn't on the same planet as Franno/charlie /Pugh, who have been to hell and back on the journey.
If he is not careful, he will be an answer on a pub quiz!

He can’t finish. His shots have no conviction. He can’t cross. He can’t head. He can’t tackle. He fails to track back. He loses the ball. He lacks football intelligence, he lacks versatility. He lacks courage.

Of course that is extreme, he is a pro footballer and talented.He can do all these things in training otherwise he wouldn’t get a game - Pugh would. It’s just that’s the thought I very often get when watching him,

This is not based on one game but a whole series of games. He has had the odd game changing momemts but generally his time here’s has been a complete waste of time.

It’s a waste of a position. Just look at the likes of Pritchard at Huddersfield, so many other players that could offer the team so much more than Ibe.

I don’t care if he is a scapegoat anymore - Eddie has a real blind spot here, would’ve be delighted to be proved otherwise.

Last edited:
Difficult for Eddie to give up on Ibe - generally he is a waste of space but cost a lot of money. Contributes little or nothing to the team and likewise to society in general - probably a millionaire - it’s a funny old world!

With Adam out we need someone with a better work ethic to help defensively - After the last cup game I would give Marc Pugh a start, always reliable when he plays, tracks back and in my opinion he is more of a threat going forward .... I agree he has lost a bit of pace and his age is against him, but I for one would be happy if he was to replace Jordan in the starting line up for the next game.

Did I imagine Ibe sprinting 50 yards back to put a great last ditch block in yesterday as they broke away, or perhaps it's just me that doesn't want to say he was lazy for the whole 90+ minutes?

I like the look of Charlie Seaman at right back (bench next week?) and in the past our fans have usually been very patient and supportive with young players, until Ibe first (miss)kicked a ball for us and many wrote him off immediately.

Interesting comparison. Think Cook would win in the football intelligence trump card somehow - yes Cook was awful yesterday as with most of the players.

Stats
Both signed in July 2016

Ibe
62 prem appearances, 2 goals (26 as sub), 6 assists
Frustration index = 9/10 (where do you start).

Cook
45 appearence (10 as sub), 0 goals
Frustration index = 3/10 (can be sloppy, lack of goals)

Did I imagine Ibe sprinting 50 yards back to put a great last ditch block in yesterday as they broke away, or perhaps it's just me that doesn't want to say he was lazy for the whole 90+ minutes?

I've only seen the MOTD highlights but my impression of Ibe...generally speaking....a large section of our fans will delight on jumping on his back at the first sign of a mistake....while ignoring anything good he does. We've had players like this down the decades of course. Pretty sure he set the chance for Callum up for one thing?

No he did it once and it was a great bit of defending. Perhaps you noticed it, like I did, because it was the only time he actually tracked his man!

Interesting comparison. Think Cook would win in the football intelligence trump card somehow - yes Cook was awful yesterday as with most of the players.

Stats
Both signed in July 2016

Ibe
62 prem appearances, 2 goals (26 as sub), 6 assists
Frustration index = 9/10 (where do you start).

Cook
45 appearence (10 as sub), 0 goals
Frustration index = 3/10 (can be sloppy, lack of goals)

A ball playing winger of good quality should have at least 10 goals and 15 assists from that number of games. The guy can't even complete a five yard pass and has not much interest in defending.

A ball playing winger of good quality should have at least 10 goals and 15 assists from that number of games. The guy can't even complete a five yard pass and has not much interest in defending.

And what sort of stats should a good quality attacking midfielder have in nearly 50 games?.....or a good quality defensive midfielder....or whatever you think Lewis is.......i don't think anybody has a clue what he is tbh

No he did it once and it was a great bit of defending. Perhaps you noticed it, like I did, because it was the only time he actually tracked his man!

There was one incident when he made a block in the box, which I knew someone would mention as it was the exception that proved the rule. But the reason he had to be the one making it was that he had managed to play their player onside as he had drifted behind the defence that had moved up.

And what sort of stats should a good quality attacking midfielder have in nearly 50 games?.....or a good quality defensive midfielder....or whatever you think Lewis is.......i don't think anybody has a clue what he is tbh

I can't answer that question - but simply compare Frazer and Brooks contribution with Ibe's - there is no comparison.

We get it, you dont like Cook. But if every time someone criticises Ibe you try and use Cook as a comparison you are off your rocker. The difference between them is light years.

I can't answer that question - but simply compare Frazer and Brooks contribution with Ibe's - there is no comparison.
You know what a good quality wingers stats should be....why not a good quality midfielders?.....i think someone mentioned that he had four assists last year....i cant remember what they were tbh..i can only think of one and thats stretching the word assit a bit as Defoe scored a worldy.....but nether the less FOUR assists and zero goals in 50 games!!!....so no Druss i don't think the difference between them is light years at all.

We get it, you dont like Cook. But if every time someone criticises Ibe you try and use Cook as a comparison you
You know what a good quality wingers stats should be....why not a good quality midfielders?.....i think someone mentioned that he had four assists last year....i cant remember what they were tbh..i can only think of one and thats stretching the word assit a bit as Defoe scored a worldy.....but nether the less FOUR assists and zero goals in 50 games!!!....so no Druss i don't think the difference between them is light years at all.

You compare Begovic to Wilson too?

I dont care what stats you care to come up with, Cook is destined to captain England, Ibe will be lucky to be playing League 1. If you cant see that then there is no point talking stats.

England Captain! :rofl:...come on Druss....lay off the Sherry for a minute and explain what you are basing that ludicrous prediction on?......i'd love to know.

I fail to see what Lewis Cook or Ibe have brought to the team that didnt exist before they came.....or is it simply that I don't understand the modern game...I can visualize or remember hundreds of Fraser , Pugh, Daniels, Ritchie, Pitman, Arter etc moves....just one of two from Ibe and virtually none from Lewis..strange!
It's as if they have no urgency to celebrate anything, a sort of laid back thing.....there are players like it at other clubs..it's a kind disease of the Premier League. starstruck but no passion! Lackadaisical!
Unless things change........that's how it comes across!

Pitman...Di Canio...Ritchie....Keegan... Arter....with it...in it...on it!
And they did not play to get credited with Assists...

Midfielders roles and playing styles are so varied I don't think you can apply statistics in the same way. A wingers role is much more specific - to get upfield in wide areas with pace, to cross the ball into dangerous areas and to have attempts on goal when the opportunity arises.

;