Jordon Ibe

Eddie has to play him as one of a front three or in the hole to see the best of him. Caveated to say I’m not sure he deserves even this.

We have seen a midfield role where you need to track back or a wingback role is not him...over and over again.

The frustrating thing was we played a front three today so he could have been in it. He is very good at beating the last man but we don’t ever put him in that position.

It’s not all the lads fault...but he also doesn’t do the bits he should.

I can agree with the sentiments of the OP and some of the other posters on this thread. However, the fact remains Ibe was not the reason we lost today. He wasn’t even our worst ‘defender’ let alone worst player.

I also see the argument of loaning him to a Championship side. A boost of confidence and a reality check just might work. My concern would be he’d get away with things at that level that would be found out quickly in the PL. That being the case, I’d be dubious if a loan would really be that beneficial.

There is no easy answer. Eddie has found it either. The only certain thing is he shouldn’t be the scapegoat today.

I thought for the first 15 - 20 mins he looked one of the better players on the pitch. Then disappeared. Also didn't see any real defensive frailties from him today.

The other thing is that he clearly is no wingback. If he is to use his skill and ability all his teammates say he has, wingback seems a very wasted position for that.

What some of you non-footballing brains are failing to take into account was that Ibe, yesterday, was playing out of position and by all sensible accounts he did well under difficult circumstances.

...no point in singling out players at a time like this when the squad is stretched and we need all available fit players to step up to the plate!

Jordon is no worse than some others at the moment who Eddie will need to look at over this season and decide what to do with them..?

We always seem to hit a trough of poor results at some stage of the season, and it looks like that is now...but we still have points in the bag and plenty left to pick up...bet there are a few sides who would want to be where we are at this moment in time!

He was no worse than anyone else. He did make more mistakes than the mis pass that Lerma took a yellow for though.

However, as pointed out many times. Other players have proved themselves many times in the past. Yesterday was not a bad performance for Jordon. Thats the issue.

What some of you non-footballing brains are failing to take into account was that Ibe, yesterday, was playing out of position and by all sensible accounts he did well under difficult circumstances.

Some of us non footballing brains have been saying hes not good enough for 2.5 years. 20 mins of football does not make a career.

I agree he needs some time out to see if he can really bring the undoubted talent out of him or not.

However....most comments I've seen, have noted he was not the worst player at any stretch. Eddie asked him to play totally out of position, something he was prepared to do for the good of the team. He did ok for much of the time he was on the pitch.

I believe he needs to be given more of a free rein on the pitch, so the number ten kind of thing would suit him much more. Not sure he needs defensive responsibility.

His main issue here is that a whole section of the crowd will forever get on his back after one mistake, where other players can get away with making several.

I agree he needs some time out to see if he can really bring the undoubted talent out of him or not.

However....most comments I've seen, have noted he was not the worst player at any stretch. Eddie asked him to play totally out of position, something he was prepared to do for the good of the team. He did ok for much of the time he was on the pitch.

I believe he needs to be given more of a free rein on the pitch, so the number ten kind of thing would suit him much more. Not sure he needs defensive responsibility.

His main issue here is that a whole section of the crowd will forever get on his back after one mistake, where other players can get away with making several.

The problem was that he was invisible unless he lost the ball. Didnt do much at all, thats why hes not being panned on here. He was simply anonymous. As said above, wouldnt pick on him alone yesterday.

Problem is he does the approach work effectively and worries the opposition but lacks that final pass. Or a target man to pick out. He was by no means the worst player yesterday but he is easy to pick on.

Actually I thought he did ok yesterday with a few runs. Problem is he gives the ball away in dangerous positions too often, and defensively is poor. But was junior any better?
Bit like Francis everyone's on his back after one mistake, imagine if last week he made the same mistakes as Steve cook last week

The issue I have is that he doesn’t play the simple pass often looking to take on players when just a simple pass or run off the ball is needed. When he does get to take on a player often the final ball is lacking.
If you are having a bad run then keep your game neat and tidy and don’t get caught out.
Today he was taken off because he was ineffective again how many more times before he realises that his game is not all about the fancy footwork and amazing runs he dreams about but playing for your team and teammates .

As I've said before; an expensive Jason Brissitt.

Who, thanks to Wikipedia, played 125 times for us before we finally washed our hands of him.
Probably earned in a year what what Ibe earns in a couple of days.

Actually I thought he did ok yesterday with a few runs. Problem is he gives the ball away in dangerous positions too often, and defensively is poor. But was junior any better?
Bit like Francis everyone's on his back after one mistake, imagine if last week he made the same mistakes as Steve cook last week

I'll repeat it again...Stan has great performances, Francis has led the team for years and produced great performances. Cook is one of the best players in our team week in week out. You earn the right to make mistakes. You earn the right to a poor performance.

Ive watched Messi live once in my life, he did nothing and was the weakest player in his team. I think that guy has done enough to earn the right to a game like that ;o

Shouldn’t be in the squad, let alone the scapegoat

And like all goats he needs to be put out to grass.

That said he provided the few only bit of flair we had in the first half. He's still like that kid in the play ground who gets the ball and has to try to beat the same player three times...and then gets pushed off the ball.

That said he provided the few only bit of flair we had in the first half. He's still like that kid in the play ground who gets the ball and has to try to beat the same player three times...and then gets pushed off the ball.
Exactly. He could do a job for us but he needs to be less "Me ! Me ! Me ! Everybody look what I can do !" and more of a team player. When he looks up, he is more than capable of playing a pass to a teammate in a goal scoring position, he has done it before, it's just that he very rarely thinks about doing it. He can be a game changer by providing assists, he doesn't have to change the game all by himself.
He would be a 100% better player if he just kept reminding himself that football is a TEAM GAME. It is so frustrating that he can't get his head around this simple fact.

I think Ibe either needs to play in a position around the front three and told to not worry about defending, just to open up the opposition

or

be moved on.

Don't think its ever going to work for him here otherwise. He is the go-to player for people wanting to slag someone off. He could play brilliantly all game, make one mistake and certain people would magnify that error alone. It's just how it is now and he's probably not done enough to be loved as a player, I agree there. So if fans will always get on his back, I think Eddie would be sensible to let him go, on loan or permanently.

;