Josh King. The worst player to pull on our shirt??

horndean_exile - 17/4/2016 17:56

I can't see a position in the squad for Afobe with King in this form and Callum getting game time.

The dilemma that faced Smith when he arrived with Francis in front of him and he forced his way into the side in the end.

The dilemma that will face Mings next season to get past Daniels.

It's the kind of competition for places that pushes players on even more and exactly what we need.

Not a dig as I've made a slightly tangental point but I think Afobe has a big part to play.

We haven't got a 'King song,
We haven't got a 'King song,
We haven't got a 'King, We haven't got a 'King,
We haven't got a 'King song

I'm going to puke my ring up when I say these words, but the <pauses and retches> journey <vomits all over the laptop> he has been on with us is immense.

The improvement in one player over the past 18 (?) months is immense. He's clearly put on a lot of muscle and is much more aggressive in his play. The run he made today, where he has harangued by at least three players was amazing. I don't believe it is the same player I saw against Villa at home first game of the season last year and the player I saw today.

redharry - 26/10/2015 09:56

If anyone thinks the title of this thread is accurate they really need to see a psychiatrist (and go support the lot up the road)

I stand by my original comment on this thread!!!!!
:hihi:

Said to my lad on way out of ground, this thread would be resurrected tonight.
Was worried about his confidence when missing the pen and then deciding not to shoot later when opportunity clearly presented, but was awesome today...again

When this thread was made he looked like a fish out of water, certainly not the worst player to pull on the shirt, but a glimpse of the rest of the team. I hope others are inspired by his progress. Well done Josh.

Heh, I did wonder if this might come up. He's never been the worst, not even close, but he was poor at times during the first half of last season, the low point probably being v Norwich away.

Now indespensible and undoubtedly our best striker. Even before Callum's latesg injury it was becoming clear JK was emerging as our best forward.

Really pleased he's doing so well for us. The work he has obviously put in means his success is more than deserved.

If the OP started watching AFCB at the beginning of the 15/16 season, King could possibly have been the worst player he had seen pull on an AFCB shirt. If he has watched AFCB for years, then it was a massive overreaction, and he's clearly forgotten a number of players, who should never have worn the shirt.

I am glad I made a positive post on this thread! The main issue with king was that he always seemed off the pace with little physical presence but look how strong he was yesterday. He has to stay at no 9 rather than wide. Shows what a great coach Eddie and, in judging recruitment policy, often need to allow the coaching to happen.

Red_till_im_ded - 25/10/2015 16:18

Woeful today. Woeful all season. Absolutely categorically not good enough at this level. L1 player at most. Can't score, can't create chances, can't win a header. Clueless. Quite possibly the worst money we have spent. Personally I don't want to see this prat play for us again.

Gosh how things have changed!

Talking about worst money spent check out
http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/sport/readingfc/15141975.Reading_FC__Lewis_Grabban_confident_barren_run_will_end_after_16_months_without_a_league_goal/

or

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_McQuoid
now on loan at Stevenage !

Heh, Josh McQuoid has scored 7 goals since he left us.

Joshua King would do well to keep that stat in his mind this Summer!

;