Josh King. The worst player to pull on our shirt??

Also worth remembering that at Blackburn he couldn't get a game up front with Gestede and Rhodes preferred. Both of whom have failed to yet carve our a PL career for themselves. Talk about our scouting team all you want but picking him up from their wing to play as a striker is about as good a spot as it gets.

kirsikka - 12/3/2017 15:55

Also worth remembering that at Blackburn he couldn't get a game up front with Gestede and Rhodes preferred. Both of whom have failed to yet carve our a PL career for themselves. Talk about our scouting team all you want but picking him up from their wing to play as a striker is about as good a spot as it gets.

That combined with the coaching required to make a success of it.

I think yesterday's winner eclipses what previously was my favourite King goal, which was away at Newcastle. He hit the ball into the roof of the net with such venom, one of those explosive strikes that viewed from the other end of the ground are magnificent.

He can score all sorts of different types of goals, the technical and the rockets.

Yep. The critics would do well to acknowledge where we have been successful - it should also be remembered that it takes time for new signings to reach their full potential in a cherries shirt - King and Fraser are now world beaters in the prem but it doesn't happen overnight. Imagine how good Ibe, Cook, Mousset, etc could be if they develop at the same rate.

As a critic (of our defensive coaching) I did point out the role our coaches have played in his development in my match report...for balance.

Our scouting system didn't provide Josh King. Eddie watched him regularly at Utd reserves when at Burnley and keeping tabs on the Keane brothers. He wanted to work with him back then but was outbid by Blackburn. He has spoken about this a few times.

I agree that some players you sign for the future. You also need to sign some for the present too! All about balance!

Anyway....talking of balance....we should dig out the Rantie thread where everyone was saying he would prove the doubters wrong! Or the Grabban thread..... not as fun though when you can't be wise after the event I guess.

I actually didn't know that (Man Utd reserves bit, tried to sign him before etc) so thanks, interesting nugget.

northstandmark - 12/3/2017 16:37

I think yesterday's winner eclipses what previously was my favourite King goal, which was away at Newcastle. He hit the ball into the roof of the net with such venom, one of those explosive strikes that viewed from the other end of the ground are magnificent.

He can score all sorts of different types of goals, the technical and the rockets.

Still like the one he scored in the US in his first game for us. Was that against Philly? Took the ball and controlled it on the turn, took a few steps and slotted home perfectly. Quality goal.

That one yesterday was a different kind of good but still quality. He's got one hell of a shot on him too, if required.

Neil Dawson - 12/3/2017 17:07

As a critic (of our defensive coaching) I did point out the role our coaches have played in his development in my match report...for balance.

Our scouting system didn't provide Josh King. Eddie watched him regularly at Utd reserves when at Burnley and keeping tabs on the Keane brothers. He wanted to work with him back then but was outbid by Blackburn. He has spoken about this a few times.

I agree that some players you sign for the future. You also need to sign some for the present too! All about balance!

Anyway....talking of balance....we should dig out the Rantie thread where everyone was saying he would prove the doubters wrong! Or the Grabban thread..... not as fun though when you can't be wise after the event I guess.

Thanks for clearing that up Neil - so basically the good signings are down to Eddie and the bad one's are down to our 'scouting system'. I had always thought that Eddie signs the players he wants to sign and that some work out and some don't.

I didn't really post on here when we signed Rantie but I definitely would have been someone who thought he was going to do well. I thought his pace was devastating and assumed that he'd develop into a great player once he got used to the English game. He didn't. Luckily Wilson, Kermorgant and Pitman turned out to be great signings so it didn't matter. Funny how Rantie is the one that always turns up when you're making a point though isn't it.

No SDD. This signing was down to Eddie...nothing to do whether he was good or not, just fact.

Eddie has sacked his head of recruitment twice. I'd take it this is because he shares my view of them and not yours. Unless he is taking ruthlessness to another dimension?

All signings are down to Eddie aren't they?

I've have no opinion on his head of recruitment just like I've got no opinion on the sports science guys he's got - because I've got no idea what their input is. I don't think Eddie shares your view because your view seems to be that his 'transfer policy' is not fit for purpose. Apart from when he signs decent players of course.

Can Eddie hold onto him? When is his contract up? He must be one of the hottest properties in the PL - his value rising with every game.

I'd guess we'll see PL scouts focusing on him each match now and it would be a surprise if there aren't competitive bids from among the Big Six. My guess - Spurs or Everton.

langham - 6/4/2017 08:52

When is his contract up?

2020, he got a new 4 year deal in the summer. So anyone wanting him will have to pay full market value. That rules West Ham out.

Red_till_im_ded - 25/10/2015 16:18

Woeful today. Woeful all season. Absolutely categorically not good enough at this level. L1 player at most. Can't score, can't create chances, can't win a header. Clueless. Quite possibly the worst money we have spent. Personally I don't want to see this prat play for us again.

For those who dont have the time to go back to the start of the thread. This was the initial beauty of a post. :hihi:

This thread has now been transferred to:

Steve Cook - oh no - he's player of the season
Junior Stanislas - oh no - he was very effective before his injury
Drew Surman - bit unfair as he's now injured
Benik Afobe - oh no - he scored a crucial goal last night
Aah yes, it must be Jordan Ibe then

Don't worry Jordan, there are plenty more players from the Cherries past who could be added to that list who went on to prove the doubters wrong.

;