Josh King. The worst player to pull on our shirt??

There's no doubt he had terrible games early on in the season - he was dreadful at Preston. His attitude was questioned by Gary Neville - apparently King thought he was amazing and didn't need to put any effort in.

His improvement is absolutely astonishing - what a player he's turning into. Credit to him and Eddie.

Just goes to show you should never write people off. Maybe we should get Marcos Painter back.

Looks like he went full circle during his time with us and reverted back to type.

I think we all say things in the heat of the moment.

I see a few posts in someone was suggesting giving Rantie a go....... I think we all want our players to give their best despite their talents.

I'd love to see Max take a hit on him and let him rot for the length of his contract, or sell him to West Brom.

Josh has overplayed his hand, worse than wee man it seems now.

Not impressed with King.
Only thing he could really do now to help his cause would be to come back and bang in a couple goals in his next appearance.
That would get us all off his back.
Wouldn't hurt his future prospects either.

Not impressed with King.
Only thing he could really do now to help his cause would be to come back and bang in a couple goals in his next appearance.
That would get us all off his back.
Wouldn't hurt his future prospects either.
I think if and when he does play for us again, he'll be thankful that there are no crowds in the stadium.

Your final sentence sums it up perfectly.

Oh how much flack you copped.

He certainly will never wear the shirt again, so in a roundabout way you were right.
In comparison to what many 'cop' on here not much really. Congratulations on digging up this thread you must be having a great time sniggering away to yourself. I don't care what you think, the day I posted that he was dire. Absolutely dreadful. I've never warmed to him tbh.

In comparison to what many 'cop' on here not much really. Congratulations on digging up this thread you must be having a great time sniggering away to yourself. I don't care what you think, the day I posted that he was dire. Absolutely dreadful. I've never warmed to him tbh.
Wasn't sniggering at all.

Quite the opposite.

I take your point and hindsight is always 20/20, but the fact I think King is possibly the best technical footballer the club has ever seen makes your original comment just that little bit more special.

You went full tard mate, never go full tard

Last edited by a moderator:
You went full tard mate, never go full tard
Words of wisdom there mate but maybe it should be ' don't post when you're p1ssed and thoroughly disappointed after a defeat in a match where you should've buried the opposition'.
Plus, why hang back, sometimes you need to say it as you see it.

Not a chance!

I don't think so. I wonder if Brooks will play much of a part this season either. I'm not going to slam King. Do I think he could have handled this better. Yes, of course. The likes of Lerma and Lewis Cook have been linked with moves but still been keen to play us out of this mess we got ourselves into. It seems a bit different as King was always expected to leave this season though. I do have some sympathy for him but he needs to make the most out of this situation now... as long as JT allows him to. If he's stuck on the bench until January, it'll be hard to have much of an impact. At the same time, I wouldn't start him as I think we need to build up Surridge and Dom long term. Goes back to the question of whether we should have cut our losses and sold King. I think it's sad really. He's done great for us and had a great relationship with the club and ideally would have left with happy mutual feelings last season without us relegated. I don't blame him for the relegation. He was injured a lot of the time, had quite a lot of very marginal disallowed goals due to VAR and worked hard when he played. He was no more responsible than the others. I just hope JT and Kingy can sit down and turn this around so his remaining time with the club is productive now because we'very worked hard to build him up and he worked hard for us. Takes two sides to create a problem. I don't think the club has handled this brilliantly either. Also, takes two to resolve a problem.

;