Joshua King

Looks a big mistake not taking the £15m or so on the table from West Ham last summer

Except it was a million miles from that. IIRC it was meant to be something like £5m down with a series of increasingly unlikely clauses that would have taken it up to about £13m. So the reports that we turned down £13m are exaggerating. Our asking price was £15m so if the bid had been anything like as close as that something would have been worked out.

Reactions: DJ
You think we should pay a footballer who we know won't play?
Well if he is still in contract we are obliged to do so, yes.
I take it you were referring to Gosling there Rob.

It feels to me like we are not even giving these players the option to stay, even if they want to and still have a valid contract. For instance in Gosling's case, sure he had a contract until the end of the season, he could have stayed. But obviously somebody at the club told him that there would be no point in doing so and that effectively he would no longer be welcome here.

That just feels like a dick move to me. I'll be surprised if any other player now leaves this club on good terms. We may have largely been poor and shite in the past but at least we always had some decency in our dealings.

I've no idea what's currently going on at the club but it doesn't feel like a very harmonious place to be working at the moment, which is a worry.

Except it was a million miles from that. IIRC it was meant to be something like £5m down with a series of increasingly unlikely clauses that would have taken it up to about £13m. So the reports that we turned down £13m are exaggerating. Our asking price was £15m so if the bid had been anything like as close as that something would have been worked out.
Fair enough, didn’t realise their offer was so heavily weighted by add ons. But he’s not suddenly become unhappy, he’s not wanted to be here for a year now. Even taking that offer you mentioned could, for example, have funded a bid for player such as Ivan Toney. As it stands we have paid for knows how much in wages, forfeited a decent transfer fee and probably upset the team morale. Frustrating after what happened with Fraser last year

;