Joshua King

Good luck to Josh King. He didn't have a fair chance at Everton. Did very well for us on the whole and we should have let him go to West Ham at the start of last season, especially if we didn't intend to start him. I think this opportunity will be good for him and Watford. I believe there is a lot more life in King yet. He can enjoy catching up with Dan Gosling too, who also deserved a good new start and did well for Watford last season.

Also really happy to see Danny Rose getting a new opportunity too. He deserves a decent new opportunity too.

Good luck to Josh King. He didn't have a fair chance at Everton. Did very well for us on the whole and we should have let him go to West Ham at the start of last season, especially if we didn't intend to start him. I think this opportunity will be good for him and Watford. I believe there is a lot more life in King yet. He can enjoy catching up with Dan Gosling too, who also deserved a good new start and did well for Watford last season.
do you support Watford?

NOT AT ALL!!!! Just try to wish people well, especially when I think they've generally done a good job.

I didn't realise feigning illness was his job...

Do you KNOW 100% that he feigned his illness? Have you NEVER feigned an illness? Did I not write "generally" rather than "always"?

Do you also know that he is statistically one of our best ever players and top ever goalscorer in PL with 50 goals playing mainly on the wing regardless of how things ended.
Stats do not show the full picture .

King was part of that squad that got us relegated . He didn’t not get sold as the valuation of the club was not met.
I like others were hoping King would bang on goals for the first part of the season to seal himself a dream move .
Quite clearly wasn’t interested and limped through until January to the point he wasn’t good enough to be a in championship starting line up, but got his move .
So we can talk about his stats until the cows come home but last seasons showing from him was pathetic

Ryan Fraser did quite well for us once upon a time too. Should we wish him well also?

Ryan had his moments, changing the Liverpool game and some other good displays but Josh played on the wing like him and was involved in nearly every goal we ever scored in the PL when he played and the stats and my memories don't lie whether its the goal, the assist, the pre assist or the movement.
Fraser admitted he downed tools when we heading for relegation and got left out by Eddie for it, I think Josh just got depressed that the United move fell through. Ryan was all about pace and set pieces whereas Josh was far more than that under Eddie. I also remember when we got promoted from L1 Eddie told Ryan to stop eating KFC and to eat healthy and be an athlete, he took that advice and then threw it in his face at the end.

Yes, why not? :) Hatred ties you to him:) I think he's had a s××× year, which maybe he deserved, but why waste energy wishing failure on him? He's moved on and so should we I think.

Have to admit that I very much enjoyed his red against Sheffield United, though:) But, now it's a year since he left so am not bothered.

Ryan Fraser did quite well for us once upon a time too. Should we wish him well also?

Stats do not show the full picture .

King was part of that squad that got us relegated . He didn’t not get sold as the valuation of the club was not met.
I like others were hoping King would bang on goals for the first part of the season to seal himself a dream move .
Quite clearly wasn’t interested and limped through until January to the point he wasn’t good enough to be a in championship starting line up, but got his move .
So we can talk about his stats until the cows come home but last seasons showing from him was pathetic

Eeeerm. How many starts was he given last season? They took his shirt number off him... that was a pretty clear: "You're not part of the plan this season" message. He had Covid... There are two sides to the King Saga. I think he could have handled it better. Talking to the press wasn't a good idea and maybe he did pull a sickie just before deadline day early on but the club didn't exactly treat him wonderfully either. I suspect if he took a sickie, he thought "I need to protect myself from injury here because the club is thinking of itself and not me. I need to look after myself". Not right at all but understandable given what had happened.

I just think with Josh he was one of those rare players who could really run at a defender with pace. When his mind was on it he certainly did make a difference. Unfortunately what happened towards the end of his time with AFCB will never help his reputation. For me watching him against Palace in those last few games before relegation did it for me. Hardly got touched and was waving at the bench before he was even on the ground. We needed players like him to stand up and be counted but I’m afraid along with a few more the rest is history. Always hold back from slagging ex players off as it will always come back to haunt us

I just think with Josh he was one of those rare players who could really run at a defender with pace. When his mind was on it he certainly did make a difference. Unfortunately what happened towards the end of his time with AFCB will never help his reputation. For me watching him against Palace in those last few games before relegation did it for me. Hardly got touched and was waving at the bench before he was even on the ground. We needed players like him to stand up and be counted but I’m afraid along with a few more the rest is history. Always hold back from slagging ex players off as it will always come back to haunt us

Despite what happened during the relegation season I think his last game with us as PL player at Everton on that last day optimizes what a great player he is on his day when he destroyed them on his own with his pace, guile and brain which gave us a respectable 3-1 win on our farewell to the PL at a tough Goodison Park and he definitely fought for Eddie and the club that day even though it wasn't enough to stay up.

Despite what happened during the relegation season I think his last game with us as PL player at Everton on that last day optimizes what a great player he is on his day when he destroyed them on his own with his pace, guile and brain which gave us a respectable 3-1 win on our farewell to the PL at a tough Goodison Park and he definitely fought for Eddie and the club that day even though it wasn't enough to stay up.
I agree but unfortunately too late to earn a leaving party

Do you KNOW 100% that he feigned his illness? Have you NEVER feigned an illness? Did I not write "generally" rather than "always"?

Out of interest if you hired a guy to mow your lawn and he took the full pay mowed 75% but then went home because he said he was sick and didn't come back would you say he was "generally good"?

;