Joshua King

Nope…no idea why though
:p
That would have really been rubbing salt into the wound. Would have been hilarious though !

"Hey King, get over here. Right, we've scrubbed off your goal for offside. And whilst we're at it, here's a yellow for taking your shirt off during your, as it transpired, totally unjustified and unnecessary celebration. Now run along son."
:Fingers:

:rofl:

Maybe that was it... So it's fine to take your shirt off as long as you don't actually score.

I didn’t use my common sense though as someone said above, you can’t get booked for taking your shirt off scoring a goal that didn’t exist…! I’m sure he would have got booked after VAR confirmed it was a goal if it was
I'm thinking that the ref probably COULD have booked him by the letter of the law but I think he decided to be a bit of a Mensch about it and decided that striking off the goal was punishment enough. If the goal had stood then King would surely have been booked for exactly the same behaviour, so strictly speaking the fact that the goal was ruled out is not really relevant. The behaviour was clearly not acceptable according to current rules. I just think the ref used his common sense and room for interpretation here. The offence was clear to see, would have been worthy of a booking but within the situation as a whole a booking would have been somewhat harsh ( but funny ! ).

Well it certainly seems he knows that to get the best out of King you play him centrally, not on the touchline.

Yes - certainly better than playing Sarr up front as we did v Liverpool against someone like Van Dijk!

Everton just imploded (a few injuries and their squad was shown up again) and we took advantage with some good counter attacking using the pact of our front guys and some good skill.

Something we lacked in previous games.

;