Joshua King

I have to say, some of your signings have been atrocious. Josh King didn’t even look threatening in the championship last season, he’s lost a yard of pace and without the ability to outpace his opponents he offers next to nothing. Danny Rose is exactly the type of player you want to avoid in a relegation battle, best days behind him and there to pick up a pay packet. Ashley Fletcher is simply strange, not even sure he’s good enough for the championship. Etebo seems to have flopped massively in Turkey and Stoke don’t even want to keep him. The Brugge striker seems like a bit of a wildcard signing, ability seems to be there but attitude problems are well known. I get that money is tight but is this really the best you are able to attract? Like you say, it’s not even like they are less talented players who are renowned for their fight and work ethic.
But to be honest he didn't really want to be ar Bournemouth and that probably impacted his performances. Personally on a free I think it is a bargain for Watford, it wasn't too long ago we were talking abouta 20 million pound fee. The lad from Bruge was scoring goals in the Champions League and Europa.

To be fair potentially a good move for Josh, he will probably have plenty to prove and will no doubt get game time at Watford. We can all pretend he does not have quality but he clearly does when his attitude is right.
I actually think he is past it. He had quality for sure but his game was so reliant on pace and power. Last season he seemed unable to outpace bog standard championship centre backs, nothing to do with attitude that. it’s an awful signing for them at this stage of his career.

a good signing for watford, assuming he still has it physically and is up for it mentally. good chance like weymouth mentioned that he simply wasn''t interested in playing for us anymore last year. we shall see.

But to be honest he didn't really want to be ar Bournemouth and that probably impacted his performances. Personally on a free I think it is a bargain for Watford, it wasn't too long ago we were talking abouta 20 million pound fee. The lad from Bruge was scoring goals in the Champions League and Europa.

Guess we will see .

Least none of these cost 18 million and on 70k a week to be rubbish like Andre Gray .

There does seem to be an element of risk but maybe Munoz can motivate them more.

I agree about Rose to an extent but seems Spurs fans tend to blame the management for freezing him out.

Fletcher does have that home grown squad filler to him.

Not seen the others - could be anything which is why one is probably on loan .

I actually think he is past it. He had quality for sure but his game was so reliant on pace and power. Last season he seemed unable to outpace bog standard championship centre backs, nothing to do with attitude that. it’s an awful signing for them at this stage of his career.
I think his attitude was why he wasn't as powerful. Probably less gym work and training for two reasons. Firstly he did not want to be here and he didn't prepare himself the same as he was in the Championship.

Not a bad free signing to be honest. I think the level is about right to re-establish himself. If his head is in the right place, there aren't that many Norwegian internationals better than him.

I think his attitude was why he wasn't as powerful. Probably less gym work and training for two reasons. Firstly he did not want to be here and he didn't prepare himself the same as he was in the Championship.
IF that is the case, I’d be even more worried as a Watford fan. They are inevitably going to be in a battle at the bottom, what are they going to do when he decides he’s better than that and he doesn’t fancy it? Btw Everton fans also nicknamed him Burger King due to his lack of pace, maybe he didn’t want to be there either….

Guess we will see .

Least none of these cost 18 million and on 70k a week to be rubbish like Andre Gray .

There does seem to be an element of risk but maybe Munoz can motivate them more.

I agree about Rose to an extent but seems Spurs fans tend to blame the management for freezing him out.

Fletcher does have that home grown squad filler to him.

Not seen the others - could be anything which is why one is probably on loan .
Or they are just stocking up on freebies that the manager can have a look at at and if he don't like them they can go out on loan somewhere and Watford can make a profit on loan fees, if they do well on loan Watford can sell and make profit.

Which Josh King turns up? 2015-2019, or 2019 to date?

It'll either be an absolute bargain for Watford smashing in double figures on the counter attack, or he'll be a moody pain in their 4rse for 1-2 years before getting released again.

IF that is the case, I’d be even more worried as a Watford fan. They are inevitably going to be in a battle at the bottom, what are they going to do when he decides he’s better than that and he doesn’t fancy it? Btw Everton fans also nicknamed him Burger King due to his lack of pace, maybe he didn’t want to be there either….
They nicknamed him Burger King because he looked overweight.

plain stupid to assess current ability based on a couple of half-arsed performances last season when he felt he'd been royally shafted by the club and wanted out

I actually think it's a decent signing for them but they'll need loads more to have any chance of staying up

plain stupid to assess current ability based on a couple of half-arsed performances last season when he felt he'd been royally shafted by the club and wanted out

I actually think it's a decent signing for them but they'll need loads more to have any chance of staying up
Can I assess him based on his sub standard performances the year before? (2 league goals from open play.) Or for his piss poor performances at Everton?

Sometimes a move just doesn't work out for a player. If he gets his head right it is a good signing for Watford on a free. It may be that he is raring to go and prove himself.

I am not sure they need to make loads of signings to be honest. Watford already have several premier league quality players. Maybe one or two more but I am not sure they are looking much worse than some of the others in honesty.

Or they are just stocking up on freebies that the manager can have a look at at and if he don't like them they can go out on loan somewhere and Watford can make a profit on loan fees, if they do well on loan Watford can sell and make profit.

Probably just flog them to Udinese or somewhere!

Did he even get many games for Everton?

Would have been Calvert Lewin and Richarlison up from mainly .

They were hit and miss generally as a team .

I am not sure they need to make loads of signings to be honest. Watford already have several premier league quality players. Maybe one or two more but I am not sure they are looking much worse than some of the others in honesty.

agree and sometimes can cause more disruption bringing in a load of players, particularly if most are from abroad like watford seem to like doing a lot.

Sometimes a move just doesn't work out for a player. If he gets his head right it is a good signing for Watford on a free. It may be that he is raring to go and prove himself.
care to make a wager? If he scores as many as 5 goals from open play next season I will pay £100 to a charity of your choice. If he doesn’t then you pay to one of my choice?

Sarr is our only proven PL player really .

Hughes could do well but there are doubts over his future.

Defence did well last season but a big jump to the Premier league attacks .

Sarr is our only proven PL player really .

Hughes could do well but there are doubts over his future.

Defence did well last season but a big jump to the Premier league attacks .
I am not sure this is true, Cleverley and Danny Rose and Chalobah have played for England. Then you have players such as Hughes, Cathcart, Sarr, Massina who were in your squad in the Prem amd for the most part did not look out of place. I've been watching the Copa America and your centre back I think his name is Siralta? Has looked very impressive against some of the Worlds most talented attacking players.

;