Junior Stanislas

Slightly surprised given the strength of options we have there, I'm not sure how much Stan is going to play beyond cup games.

Macca only signed a one year deal extension before selling him though. As did Yann.

If it was merely to protect transfer value I wouldn't think it would be for three years and so Eddie must see him is an important part of his plans. If he can reproduce the form of his purple patch last season then I'd agree absolutely.

frustratingly inconsistent, needs a long injury-free run in the side to prove he can put performances in at this level week in week out

surprised, not convinced it's deserved

Maybe he trains really well every day, and shows a great attitude when he isn't selected. Like Federici, we need players who are team players and stay positive whether they are in or out. Those players may not grab the headlines but are vital to a squad's success, and maintain the culture of a club too

Slightly odd at first glance granted but when you think about it it makes some sense.

I imagine Stan will probably end up playing and contributing in 15-20 games for us this season. It's almost impossible to get someone who can do that (and who knows our system) without having to shell out another £10 million on a new player.

Brents Goulet - 19/8/2016 11:20

Maybe he trains really well every day, and shows a great attitude when he isn't selected. Like Federici, we need players who are team players and stay positive whether they are in or out. Those players may not grab the headlines but are vital to a squad's success, and maintain the culture of a club too

Good summary. Clearly not up to it in the championship but, as he predicted, was better in the prem and was one of our best players in the autumn. Hindered by injuries in second half of season but deserves a place on the 25 and wont rock the bust if not picked for the matchday squad.

Not that surprising. He was our best player during our best spell last season. He might be a bit in and out but when he was in the team he created chances, which many other players struggled to do last season despite the pretty football.

northstandmark - 19/8/2016 09:38

Slightly surprised given the strength of options we have there, I'm not sure how much Stan is going to play beyond cup games.

One of the first names on the team sheet currently....

I'd say his current form eclipses that 2-3 month purple patch last season, he was good then but he's unplayable at the moment!

;