Junior Stanislas

Real class when fit. Trouble is he gets injured too often and then needs a run of games to get fit and then performs well only for the cycle to begin again. Under-rated Howe signing.
I remember being so excited when we signed him because I’d actually heard of him and thought he was a great young player who hadn’t quite got the breaks in his career to fulfill his potential. He was the sort of signing I could never have dreamed of a few years prior.
He’s a great lad, love his attitude, just a shame he has had so many injuries. I’d buy him a pint any time, I really appreciate what he brings to our team.

Never understand the grief he seems to get. He needs a run of games to get to his best - but he seems to get grief because he gets injured a lot..it's not his fault. Shame about the injuries as like the OP said -without Brooks he's our most creative player.

Still same applies. Easy target for some of our supporters, don't understand it. I'm sure he'd like not to get injured as much as he does. West Ham might put a cheeky bid in I reckon if (when) we drop

He has been fantastic since his return. The one for me, that dragged the team up.

Wolves away, Man Utd away, Tottenham at home, second half v Leicester and again tonight. Notably not CP, Newcastle and first half v Leicester.

Reactions: drd
A real enigma. I can put my hand up and say there have been times when he would be by nailed on starter above nearly everyone and times when I’ve hoped someone would come in for him.
I’m back in the former camp. Must be frustrating for him!

Super chuffed for him. Doesn't seem that long ago I was a lone wolf in singing his praises. He's excellent when high on confidence and not suffering with niggling injuries.

19 Premier League goals, 12 assists (and countless assists of assists.... ;) )

All coming from 6,414 minutes, the equivalent of 71 full games.

Which means he has a "goals involved" ratio of 1 in just over every 2 games and that's over a five year period in the top flight.

He has been really good.

The penalty that got us back into the game could easily have been spooned over or smashed hard, but the manner of just stroking it down the centre was very cool, and showed his experience.

Then the own goal v Leicester. I think that was creeping in as well and would have been such a beautiful goal, as he had Schmeicel beaten.

Watched the game this morning and cant really remember too much of note from Stan in front of goal but was intelligent.

I really do feel that had King still been on the pitch he would have finished the chance that Wilson fluffed.

Good to see Eddie finally not starting Wilson, but I feel that was more with an eye on the last 2 games rather than his form.

Wilson really should do much better than he has recently, and I think it's time to move on from him being a nailed on starter.

But yes Stanislas has been very very good.

Stan gives everything.
Eddie Howe's dreadful decision to put Stan on the bench against Leicester, whilst playing Danjuma in the first half nearly cost us the match, and his wayward back pass also lost us Ake to injury, and once again this shows up Howe's lack of judgement over player selection. As again last night Howe's daft decision to play Billing before Brooks again cost us the match.

Stan gives everything.
Eddie Howe's dreadful decision to put Stan on the bench against Leicester, whilst playing Danjuma in the first half nearly cost us the match, and his wayward back pass also lost us Ake to injury, and once again this shows up Howe's lack of judgement over player selection. As again last night Howe's daft decision to play Billing before Brooks again cost us the match.

It's like you try to have terrible opinions. You are aware that Stan has had injury issues?

As again last night Howe's daft decision to play Billing before Brooks again cost us the match.

Billing was good last night. I don't think that Brooks could have performed the same role. Billing was the right player for the tactics for most of the game.

Despite how well we played we still only had 27% of the possession or something silly. Without that extra solidity in midfield there would have been a lot more holes for them to which they could pick a pass.

When we threw caution to the wind to play further forward then it was fine as Man City were on the backfoot by then, having expected to have long since put the game to bed. It was correct to do it at the time but you could also see that if Man City had got their composure back they could have picked us apart. That's an acceptable risk for 15-20 minutes when chasing the game. It would be suicidal to expect them to be like that for 90 minutes.

Howe called the tactics and players exactly right. We were unlucky not to get the result we merited. Sadly, you don't always get what you deserved. That's football.

Eddie Howe's dreadful decision to put Stan on the bench against Leicester, whilst playing Danjuma in the first half nearly cost us the match, and his wayward back pass also lost us Ake to injury, and once again this shows up Howe's lack of judgement over player selection.

This is one of the stupidest things I’ve ever read :grinning:. So EH should have used his crystal ball to predict that Danjuma would make a bad back pass that would injure Ake??

I admire your dedication to being wrong.

Super chuffed for him. Doesn't seem that long ago I was a lone wolf in singing his praises. He's excellent when high on confidence and not suffering with niggling injuries.

19 Premier League goals, 12 assists (and countless assists of assists.... ;) )

All coming from 6,414 minutes, the equivalent of 71 full games.

Which means he has a "goals involved" ratio of 1 in just over every 2 games and that's over a five year period in the top flight.

i don’t think you were a lone wolf - a lot of our fans value stan very highly. Myself included. It’s just that... the injuries take its toll on games missed and then time to regain fitness. Thus, hard to plan the team with him.

i don’t think you were a lone wolf - a lot of our fans value stan very highly. Myself included. It’s just that... the injuries take its toll on games missed and then time to regain fitness. Thus, hard to plan the team with him.

Exactly, he isn't considered as important because his influence is limited to a handful of games a season not a lack of ability. He scores directly from a corner against Man Utd against what was considered to be the best goalkeeper in the world and then gets injured a month later.

He's a great player but has only played less than two full seasons in 5 years.

Thats always been his weakness.

Not the injuries as much as getting back into the AFCB rhythm when he returns to the side.

It feels like he spent 3 games being slightly off it, one absolute blinder and then another injury.

Lockdown seems to have done his body the world of good, touch wood.

;