Junior Stanislas

He was quite noticeably nursing his shoulder during the warm up. Kept reaching for it during stretches before he came on.

He was coming on before the second goal which made sense as Anthony was getting little joy, but have to wonder if once the second hits the net a quick change of plan could have been in order not to risk him.

Just tell him he is not a part of the squad and replace him in the January window, enough is enough and he he knows it too.
Sorry to see him go, but the club must come first.

Good job it happened when coasting tonight. People may not feel as accommodating if it wasn't such a positive evening/outcome.

He was quite noticeably nursing his shoulder during the warm up. Kept reaching for it during stretches before he came on.

He was coming on before the second goal which made sense as Anthony was getting little joy, but have to wonder if once the second hits the net a quick change of plan could have been in order not to risk him.

Oh god, don't give Topfarrier more ammo for horse comparisons against Parker. : D

Then why risk him if he was feeling something.

Stanislas need to hang his boots up if he is genuinely injured again and it isn't his shoulder.

If it's his shoulder Parker should take the blame.

....and I rate Stanislas, hes a brilliant player.

But if your body wont allow it, it's crazy to carry on.

He makes my Nan look fit.

She's 89

Stanislas need to hang his boots up if he is genuinely injured again and it isn't his shoulder.

If it's his shoulder Parker should take the blame.

It was definitely his shoulder. He conceded the foul near the corner flag and reached for it again and said he had to come off.

Strange to risk him, equally strange for him to say he was fit. He would be fine if he avoided contact but that’s unlikely in most games… just odd.

You have to feel sorry for the guy, he displayed what he can bring to the team against QPR, it’s just he displays it about once every 10 games at this rate. If he wasn’t right plenty of other squad options - Kilkenny, Rogers if those on the bench weren’t going to suit.

starting to look like a very poor bit of business offering him a new contract.

I didn't realise he was 32
time to call it a day,
Sorry Sam, a great footballer but you can't carry on with these injuries.
You must realise that yourself, its time to find another way in life.

I think unfortunately it probably is about time he called it a day. A great player but his body clearly isn’t up to it anymore. It can’t be much fun for him doing all of this rehabilitation work only to break down again almost immediately. I think it’s in the best interests of both his health and well being and the club (from a financial point of view) that he packs it in to be honest.

;