Junior Stanislas

I dont think I am going over the top - the incident with Surridge was appalling and did not show Stan in a favourable light at all. I dont like bullies.
Personally think this is all in the past but as it is being raked up will throw in my 2 pennies worth.
Being quite close to the incident Sam should have passed. Stan was in a great position if he passed early with a high % chance of scoring. The game was tightly poised and Stan wanted to win and knew it was a great chance to put game to bed....also do think tbf he us motivated by personal stats and was on a run!
At end of the day Stan over reacted cos he cared but Sam should have passed. Don't think you can call Stan a bully. The reaction of some fans though around me singing "He's one of own" against Stan really peed me off!
On Stan staying. Great news cos being realistic how much would it cost to find someone to replace what he brings to the team (yes as long as he stayed fit)

Stan also had an entirely unnecessary go at Lloyd Kelly in front of me in the home game vs Wycombe. The two of them carried on chuntering away at each other for some time afterwards.

Don’t get me wrong: I am pleased Stan has signed a contract extension and that he has some fire in his belly. But on occasion I think he needs to respect the players around him more.

Stan also had an entirely unnecessary go at Lloyd Kelly in front of me in the home game vs Wycombe. The two of them carried on chuntering away at each other for some time afterwards.

Don’t get me wrong: I am pleased Stan has signed a contract extension and that he has some fire in his belly. But on occasion I think he needs to respect the players around him more.

Its not a coincidence that both incidents took place in the same game. Players make mistakes, he apologised (something Surridge didn’t do despite being the one who grabbed and held on to Stanislas).

We also still have no idea what language Surridge used, but yet despite appearing to be a moody grumpy youngster on the pitch, whose only career highlight of note being a disallowed goal against Southampton, he’s been fully exonerated whilst Stanislas despite everything he’s done over many years is still painted as some kind of psychotic villain :shrug:

Its not a coincidence that both incidents took place in the same game. Players make mistakes, he apologised (something Surridge didn’t do despite being the one who grabbed and held on to Stanislas).

We also still have no idea what language Surridge used, but yet despite appearing to be a moody grumpy youngster on the pitch, whose only career highlight of note being a disallowed goal against Southampton, he’s been fully exonerated whilst Stanislas despite everything he’s done over many years is still painted as some kind of psychotic villain :shrug:
Not sure it’s really necessary to talk down Surridge like that, his only career highlight of note is certainly not a disallowed goal.
Clearly they had a bit of a difference of opinion, it happens, probably virtually every day at every club around the world. Not sure why people feel the need to crucify either of them for it tbh, especially considering nobody has any idea as to the circumstances/trigger surrounding it. How can you criticise either when you have no idea what it was actually about?

Not sure it’s really necessary to talk down Surridge like that, his only career highlight of note is certainly not a disallowed goal.
Clearly they had a bit of a difference of opinion, it happens, probably virtually every day at every club around the world. Not sure why people feel the need to crucify either of them for it tbh, especially considering nobody has any idea as to the circumstances/trigger surrounding it. How can you criticise either when you have no idea what it was actually about?

You’ve misinterpreted what I’ve said, I’m not criticising one over the either. I was making a point regarding the players status which usually influences supporters views, but seemingly not on this occasion.

Just have to look at Liverpool supporters backing Suarez a few years ago...if he wasn’t such a popular and influential player they wouldn’t have attempted to defend him.

I just don’t understand it.

You’ve misinterpreted what I’ve said, I’m not criticising one over the either. I was making a point regarding the players status which usually influences supporters views, but seemingly not on this occasion.

Just have to look at Liverpool supporters backing Suarez a few years ago...if he wasn’t such a popular and influential player they wouldn’t have attempted to defend him.

I just don’t understand it.
Wasn’t meant to be getting at you specifically, more a general point in how the fan base seems to be criticising either one or the other in this situation. I suppose re Suarez, it’s easier to exercise blind loyalty when it’s an incident involving a player in an opposition team.

Yep had forgotten about that. Lloyd didn't make right run but tbf would have needed turbo jets to reach Stan's pass anyway.
Stan was definitely fired up that game

Yep had forgotten about that. Lloyd didn't make right run but tbf would have needed turbo jets to reach Stan's pass anyway.
Stan was definitely fired up that game
Lloyd didn't bother to run at all....just turned around and flung his arms in the air ....that's what riled Stan up in the first place......Kelly just allowed the defender to usher it out without any pressure.....the sort of lazy piss poor attitude that cost us any chance of automatic promotion.................and some people wouldn't mind him as Captain!

Lloyd didn't bother to run at all....just turned around and flung his arms in the air ....that's what riled Stan up in the first place......Kelly just allowed the defender to usher it out without any pressure.....the sort of lazy piss poor attitude that cost us any chance of automatic promotion.................and some people wouldn't mind him as Captain!
I was there too that evening and the reason Kelly didn't bothered to run was that he hadn't a hope of getting to the ball at all even if he was Usain Bolt on speed. It was a shockingly overhit pass from Stan.

I was there too that evening and the reason Kelly didn't bothered to run was that he hadn't a hope of getting to the ball at all even if he was Usain Bolt on speed. It was a shockingly overhit pass from Stan.
It wasn't an overhit pass....it barely reached the byline....It was a misplaced pass which was too close to the defender right enough but all that is beside the point......the lack of effort was pathetic......I can forgive a misplaced pass or two or even a defensive mistake but that type of apathy really grips my ****************.

Lack of effort and stanislas in the same post could confuse.

Hopefully this season attitude will match ability from the senior pros.

Lack of effort and stanislas in the same post could confuse.

Hopefully this season attitude will match ability from the senior pros.
Lol you're the only person that's ever accused Stan of a lack of effort!...... he's superb at tracking back........Stan re-signing must have been a bit of a blow to you Jim.

You sure ? By the look on Sam's face it's all about to kick off again.
Definitely a show of 'passive aggression' imo...:grinning:
If as I suspect they have been asked to walk out together for the photo it's a sad indictment of the times we live in.

;