Junior Stanislas

Agree totally with afcdibby's comments above. Oh how we could do with someone as comfortable on the ball as Junior. And also, someone who can actually take a proper b****y corner or free kick! Cue Tavs scoring from a 25 yd free kick v Wolves....... I wish!

Strange player. Always took a few games to get going from his many breaks… didn’t look too hot in those. Once played into form he was often superb and at times was the best player on the pitch of 22 quality players. He wouldn’t have been at us or Burnley without the injuries I think he’d have been a regular at one of the top ten. Great that we saw his best spells and sad they were so infrequent, especially sad for him.

Always read the game so well and saw attacking opportunities that many of his teammates couldn't register. Good luck to him in his new role, hopefully his football brain finds a welcoming new home as a coach.

I saw JS in Absolute Music a couple of months back before my daughters music lesson.

He was in the waiting area too, clutching some drum sticks. Wonder if he wants to be part of match day experience band?

Little Dibs was chatting to him at the gym yesterday. JS always takes time out to chat. The guy is genuinely gutted his football career has ended prematurely, he still felt he had it in him. Body wasn’t having it though.
Yes- this neatly catches what comes through from an interview/article Jacob Tanswell did with him, just released in The Athletic today. A good read if you can get it, it includes a lot of praise from Steve Cook. Sorry but this machine of mine won’t let me copy the link.

Remembering this great today! Always think of Everton at home as national Junior Stanislas day after some of his interventions over the years! What he would have been without injuries is an incredible thought, although probably not with us to be honest.

Anyway! Happy JS day.

;