Justin Kluivert

As for the actual player this thread is about, he looks like a good signing on paper.

Very respectable goal contribution record in Spain, also played in Germany, Italy and France.

Fits the profile of the type of winger we needed, a right footed left winger to provide competition for Anthony and to allow Tav and Dango to play on the right where they are most effective. A good age at 24, plenty of experience and should be coming into his prime soon. And a very modest transfer fee of £10m if rumours are ti be believed.

I haven’t actually seen him play live and am very reluctant to base an opinion on YouTube highlights, but he looks a decent signing, at least on paper.

As for the actual player this thread is about, he looks like a good signing on paper.

Very respectable goal contribution record in Spain, also played in Germany, Italy and France.

Fits the profile of the type of winger we needed, a right footed left winger to provide competition for Anthony and to allow Tav and Dango to play on the right where they are most effective. A good age at 24, plenty of experience and should be coming into his prime soon. And a very modest transfer fee of £10m if rumours are ti be believed.

I haven’t actually seen him play live and am very reluctant to base an opinion on YouTube highlights, but he looks a decent signing, at least on paper.
Who the he'll do you think you are, coming in here and trying to talk about the topic of the thread? Can't you see people are trying to go round in circles and argue here?

Yes agreed on paper he looks reasonable, but as some one said how come none of his loan clubs wanted to sign him.
Dependent on our transfer budget, my priority would be defensive mid, 2 full backs, and another forward.

€8-10m is actually very reasonable.

Better than the €25m originally quoted probably add ons if Afcb win the prem and champ league

Seems a bit of a journeyman to me. Worried about why he has never settled anywhere. And why is he so cheap? Clubs seem a bit quick to get rid of him.
Doesn’t he have injury history? He certainly has flashes of brilliance that’s the positive for me. The negative is this is arguably the most physical league he will be getting into…

Doesn’t he have injury history? He certainly has flashes of brilliance that’s the positive for me. The negative is this is arguably the most physical league he will be getting into…
He played 27, 31 and 29 games in the last 3 seasons, so he can't have had anything too serious

but as some one said how come none of his loan clubs wanted to sign him.
Valencia don't have the money to pay their option to buy. One of this other loan clubs, Leipzig, was attempting to buy him this window but we beat them to it.

At the end of the day, it seems like Kluivert simply wants to be in the premier league. He was turning down permanent moves last year so he could go to Fulham, which didn't work because of a work permit issue.

Seems a bit of a journeyman to me. Worried about why he has never settled anywhere. And why is he so cheap? Clubs seem a bit quick to get rid of him.
He does not want to be at Roma. He is desperate to leave. He is coming into the final year of his contract, this leaves Roma with little room for negotiation. Add to that their FFP troubles and it will inevitably be a cheap transfer. I wouldn't worry too much about fees, some reports are accurate, some not so much.

He does not want to be at Roma. He is desperate to leave. He is coming into the final year of his contract, this leaves Roma with little room for negotiation. Add to that their FFP troubles and it will inevitably be a cheap transfer. I wouldn't worry too much about fees, some reports are accurate, some not so much.

Fair play, but it seems he is 'desperate to leave' quite a lot.

Interesting transfer if it comes off, can play a few positions and has shown promise previously, though that seems to have stalled a little.

Seems to be primarily on the wing and that's not a position I thought we needed as a priority but if he wants to be here and the fee isn't crazy certainly worth a look. (option for Valencia was supposed to be around 13 so if it's around that then....)

;