Kieffer Moore

Yes agree. Not as good on the ball as Dom is, but great header. Either he starts and causes headaches from corners etc. or he comes on as a sub and does the same. Will depend on the opponent I guess.
Maybe not quite as good with it as his feet, but also was good at getting control when the ball was in the air to his credit. Each one offers something slightly different if we're playing only one, but I think we're at our best when they play together. Looking forward to seeing Tavernier linking up with Moore and Solanke as well, there were some bright moments with the three of them already.

Maybe not quite as good with it as his feet, but also was good at getting control when the ball was in the air to his credit. Each one offers something slightly different if we're playing only one, but I think we're at our best when they play together. Looking forward to seeing Tavernier linking up with Moore and Solanke as well, there were some bright moments with the three of them already.

I was delighted we got Moore - I know a few fans who weren’t - and he is more skilful than he first appears. Clearly frightens defenders; could tell Villa didn’t like playing him.

I do think we are more effective when we play two up although no doubt Dom isn’t as profilic when that happens

Two up front will work against the likes of Villa.

Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool......Moore will be on the bench.

I was delighted we got Moore - I know a few fans who weren’t - and he is more skilful than he first appears. Clearly frightens defenders; could tell Villa didn’t like playing him.

I do think we are more effective when we play two up although no doubt Dom isn’t as profilic when that happens

I guess playing both means we lose a midfielder, which can make things a bit disjointed and affect things on the break. We got better in the second half but in general we didn't offer much on the break. It's a formation that has a place for some matches, though. When we just play Dom, Kieffer is a crazy super sub and that great too.

I guess playing both means we lose a midfielder, which can make things a bit disjointed and affect things on the break. We got better in the second half but in general we didn't offer much on the break. It's a formation that has a place for some matches, though. When we just play Dom, Kieffer is a crazy super sub and that great too.
Still think part of the issue re counter attack is that smith and JZ are too conservative as wing backs. Thought it would suit JZ better

Still think part of the issue re counter attack is that smith and JZ are too conservative as wing backs. Thought it would suit JZ better
Good point - my one concern yesterday was that neither of our wing backs got up to cross from dangerous areas. Was this part of the plan? If we play three at the back and two upfront you’d expect wing backs to surge forward, aiming for Solanke and Moore ... but it didn’t happen. Smith rarely gets to the byline but JZ loves to, so maybe he’s under instruction to hold back. Any thoughts?

Good point - my one concern yesterday was that neither of our wing backs got up to cross from dangerous areas. Was this part of the plan? If we play three at the back and two upfront you’d expect wing backs to surge forward, aiming for Solanke and Moore ... but it didn’t happen. Smith rarely gets to the byline but JZ loves to, so maybe he’s under instruction to hold back. Any thoughts?
JZ got forward on numerous occasions, we just couldn’t find him with the final ball. He set up a chance for Solanke in the first half by receiving the ball in the attacking third and dribbling across the penalty area. Smith also got forward when he could too, nearly set up Moore with a ball that flashed across the box. Thought both were looking to get forward but that we didn’t find them often with the final ball.

Personally felt that we always looked a threat on the break, just our final ball let us down on numerous occasions. Don’t think it was anything to do with formations etc.

Two up front will work against the likes of Villa.

Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool......Moore will be on the bench.
Should start next week imo. Need somebody to hold the ball up to relieve the pressure on us. He doesn’t get anywhere near enough credit for his ability on the ball, that volleyed cross field pass to Smith was sublime. He’s more than just a target man.

Should start next week imo. Need somebody to hold the ball up to relieve the pressure on us. He doesn’t get anywhere near enough credit for his ability on the ball, that volleyed cross field pass to Smith was sublime. He’s more than just a target man.

Yep agree. Thats why he's such a good player, very comfortable/composed, intelligent with ball at his feet too, far from just being out there as a limited aerial threat.

It's a bit early to be worrying about how well our wb's get forward when it is such a new system for us and at a higher level than we've been used to for a couple of years. Let the system bed in and players get more confident in it. Personally I'd play Moore whenever possible as he is exactly what we needed under Eddie. You can't always retain possession against the best teams and neither can you rely on breaking the press or carrying the ball. Our long awaited plan b is to hit Keiffer and I'd back him to win the ball in the air against just about anyone in the League. His hold up play is pretty decent and even if he only flicks the ball on behind the last line of the defence it gets the opposition turning and allows our defence to reset higher up the pitch.

;