Kieffer Moore

… it would be great to see Christie or Traore as well to boost their confidence.
I’m sure Christie’s confidence is sky high, what with being an obvious candidate for player of the season, hugely influential in everything we do under Iraola, boasting the highest key passes rate in the side and just generally being undroppable.

I’m sure Christie’s confidence is sky high, what with being an obvious candidate for player of the season, hugely influential in everything we do under Iraola, boasting the highest key passes rate in the side and just generally being undroppable.
Yes. But I was meaning goal confidence. Get one and players can often go on a run. I wasn’t knocking him I was thinking it would be the icing on the cake. He gets into some great shooting positions and looks to pass because he lacks a bit of confidence in his shooting.

Yeah, he's getting towards Captain material. Has plenty to say to his team mates and loves winding the crowd up to crank up an atmosphere.

a bit ‘not as good in the box as Gozza but a better range of passing’, with a bit of McGinn attitude. I’ve no doubt he’ll learn the late bomb-into-the-box finishing and 10 goals a season cm in the next few years if he carries on this rate of development.

That’s not credible on so many levels. NG is not our type of young player with potential mould and if we do get a more experienced player our past record suggest a loan or free transfer. I also see (wiki) that you will pay a max £500k for NG - for us to be sending a Cash Truck to South Wales he’s have to be valued at at least £5m now. I think KM is worth pretty much still what we paid for him to a top Championship Club trying to ‘get over the line’ and that was apparently between £3-5m. I could see us swapping him for a fb or even as a makeweight for a forward like Adams at Southampton (if our alleged Summer interest was accurate).
Players going back also very rarely works and I recall that after an excellent Season there - fans were criticising KM’s injury record and application. Lots of ‘good riddance’ comments on your forum at the time of his transfer.
I think a Club like Bristol City might appeal or even Ipswich. I’d be quite happy if he stays but if a move is best then he’ll leave with 100% best wishes.
Whatever happens I hope Cardiff do well this Season - a decent Club with a passionate fanbase.
Of course, there may be absolutely no fire behind this smoke, but the feeling is that Keef is on his way back to Cardiff as that's where he wants to go.

As you say, we have a passionate fanbase, but Moore's golden season was behind closed doors.

They’re good enough cover as a third and fourth choice option.

We don’t have that at left back, if/when Kelly goes was my point. We won’t even have a second choice option.
Another strange take from you, how can a player who is never fit be regarded as ‘good cover.’

Mepham also isn’t a viable option as a full back, left or right. You’d be better off putting Dango there it would be that much of a disaster, he has none of the attributes needed to be a modern day full back.

a bit ‘not as good in the box as Gozza but a better range of passing’, with a bit of McGinn attitude. I’ve no doubt he’ll learn the late bomb-into-the-box finishing and 10 goals a season cm in the next few years if he carries on this rate of development.
Definitely seen him attack with good effect despite his deeper role eg nearly scored at Sheffield. Cook and Christie practice short range finishing in the pre-match warm up so they are expected to push when the time is right

Of course, there may be absolutely no fire behind this smoke, but the feeling is that Keef is on his way back to Cardiff as that's where he wants to go.

As you say, we have a passionate fanbase, but Moore's golden season was behind closed doors.
You would love him back don't deny it and for a fee you probably could. He is a good plan b for us though and offers a different approach if necessary it's probably financially better for us to stick with him rather than buy another plan B striker from Championship.
We have lots of pacey and tricky attackers who could play forward if desperate but Solanke and Keiffer are the only 2 proper strikers in our squad. Keith is good person and our fans are fond of him as he scored the goal that got us back to PL.

I rate him highly, obviously most people think of his height and aerial threat but he is technically good with ball at his feet which is rare for a man of that size.

But in the PL pace in attack is imperative and unfortunately he doesn't have it and also can't close down or press or get to through balls or tricky passes as quick as the opposition. Solanke is our main man because he has all traits needed at PL level - pace, link up, works really hard, closes down quick, strong, good height and all those things together gets him goals even though he's not a natural finisher because he has a mix of everything along with other pacey and tricky wingers and full backs in support.

Kieffer would be a fantastic signing for you in Championship, even at 31. We had a similar situation the first time we got to PL with another much loved player- Yann Kermorgant, technically brilliant, great in the air and hold up but didn't have pace that is essential in the PL as a forward and he left in the January window.

Another strange take from you, how can a player who is never fit be regarded as ‘good cover.’

Mepham also isn’t a viable option as a full back, left or right. You’d be better off putting Dango there it would be that much of a disaster, he has none of the attributes needed to be a modern day full back.
I agree that Mep is no left/right back. Just because he's been played there, it doesn't mean it's worked in the slightest. He can't get forward naturally and doesn't have the pace for the wing. He's a decent centre back with a pretty good pass on him. He seems out of favour, but I'm sure we'll need him to come in sooner or later. I wish he'd score a bit, though like Senesi does. A fully functioning PL team needs defenders who can score from set pieces. This is definitely a way Meps could develop.

So a right back is more of a priority than a left back when/if Lloyd Kelly leaves?
For different reasons I believe we require one of each. Kelly will leave in January, there is no doubt about this. This would leave only Kerkez. On the right we have Fredericks permanently assigned to the NHS. We have Smith who is the wrong side of 30 and not getting any younger.

So, as stated we need additional cover in both full back positions.

Obviously’never say never’ - especially in football - our story and more so Luton’s could never happen otherwise. If KM wants to come back and a deal can be struck good luck to him. I think that’s not an altogether unlikely situation but the link to NG just makes it lack credibility. We shall see as they say and conjecture is half the fun of being a fan.

Yes. But I was meaning goal confidence. Get one and players can often go on a run. I wasn’t knocking him I was thinking it would be the icing on the cake. He gets into some great shooting positions and looks to pass because he lacks a bit of confidence in his shooting.

When you look back at the different clubs where Ryan Christie has played he hasn’t scored many goals.

We see he is good at getting in scoring positions but when it comes to finishing he has mostly been found wanting.

His best season was at Celtic 2019-20 where he scored 11 Scottish Premier League goals, including a hat-trick.

But our manager moving him into the position he is playing now has unearthed a ‘new player’ in the engine room and he has gone from strength to strength in the last few games.

So it would be good if his finishing was better, but let’s leave that to those more forward like our leading scorer Dominic Solanke and others.

Christie’s stats at different clubs.

Obviously’never say never’ - especially in football - our story and more so Luton’s could never happen otherwise. If KM wants to come back and a deal can be struck good luck to him. I think that’s not an altogether unlikely situation but the link to NG just makes it lack credibility. We shall see as they say and conjecture is half the fun of being a fan.
I think Cardiff fans are a bit worried about losing Ng. He has come on leaps and bounds in the past two seasons and I believe that he is the top rated full back, if not defender in the Championship so far this season.

Erol Bulut came in and did wonders with loans and freebies in the summer, but now that we are out of embargo City can pay fees for players in January. All the same, FFP means that books have to be balanced and there may have to outgoings to offset what is spent. We are still owed an installment for Keef, so a move back to South Wales, which apparently he wants, has a good financial starting point.

You would love him back don't deny it and for a fee you probably could. He is a good plan b for us though and offers a different approach if necessary it's probably financially better for us to stick with him rather than buy another plan B striker from Championship.
We have lots of pacey and tricky attackers who could play forward if desperate but Solanke and Keiffer are the only 2 proper strikers in our squad. Keith is good person and our fans are fond of him as he scored the goal that got us back to PL.

I rate him highly, obviously most people think of his height and aerial threat but he is technically good with ball at his feet which is rare for a man of that size.

But in the PL pace in attack is imperative and unfortunately he doesn't have it and also can't close down or press or get to through balls or tricky passes as quick as the opposition. Solanke is our main man because he has all traits needed at PL level - pace, link up, works really hard, closes down quick, strong, good height and all those things together gets him goals even though he's not a natural finisher because he has a mix of everything along with other pacey and tricky wingers and full backs in support.

Kieffer would be a fantastic signing for you in Championship, even at 31. We had a similar situation the first time we got to PL with another much loved player- Yann Kermorgant, technically brilliant, great in the air and hold up but didn't have pace that is essential in the PL as a forward and he left in the January window.
Exactly, Keef is perfectly suited to Championship football, which is probably the 6th or 7th strongest league in Europe.

I'll be gutted if he leaves as I really rate him.

I disagree he isn't Premier League standard because I think in the right system with the team playing to his strengths he definitely is.

You don't have to have pace at this level to be a success,there are many players before him who have proved that,most of them playing for Burnley or Stoke.

Unfortunately the system we play does not suit him,as it relies on the front players having blistering pace.

Will miss him if he goes but he'll always be a legend for THAT goal.

;