Kieran Tierney

About as much as English football is all about fat 40 year old neanderthal hooligans, English clubs being banned from European football and English fans mass murdering oppostion fans at a major European final.

What a sad desperate post.

You drew with City ? You'll probably never play them again hence I wouldn't count on holding onto any of your players who want to. The money / glamour and world stage is here mate, not that any of us really give a toss about that or you.

Your'e a totally insignificant football club to us and most of the world outside Scotland. We simply don't care about you.

I had the misfortune to watch Hearts v Kilmarnock this season (played at Murrayfield as Hearts ground was being rebuilt) and I was genuinely shocked at how poor the standard was, as well as the fitness levels. One or two good players on each side but the standard was about top half Div 1.
Not sure about all this history lark, we have been around since 1899 how much more history do you need ?

When I think of Celtic, I think of Lincoln Red Imps from Gibraltar a couple of seasons ago. A 1-0 defeat at this football hot spot.

Navy ships used to play Red Imps when calling in to port in the 80's and 90's.
I remember Ark Royal beating them 5-1, and HMS Liverpool winning 4-1 as well.
Even I scored in that one.

About as much as English football is all about fat 40 year old neanderthal hooligans, English clubs being banned from European football and English fans mass murdering oppostion fans at a major European final.

Your top EPL team couldn't beat us over two games in the CL.... How did you guys fair against Man City ?

We lost, But then Wigan beat them in the FA cup. After hammering us.
I think that puts things into perspective. Wigan are a better side than Celtic, City and us. Haha.

Your top EPL team couldn't beat us over two games in the CL.... How did you guys fair against Man City ?

And how did you get on in this years CL? It’s easy to look up past glories and ping it around when you want. At the time, City weren’t the best team in the Prem, that went to Chelsea if you care to look it up. But anyway, moving onto the point I want to make...

I don’t for one minute think we’ll sign Tierney, bigger, richer clubs are looking at him which means it’s highly unlikely. But in signing Ake we signed a better player who was already proven at premier league level from a club who we were told by their fans were too big to sell one of their top prospects to us. So it’s possible. Also, one thing we, and any club in the Premier League (and a good few in the Championship) can offer that clubs in Scotland can’t is a place on a global stage week in, week out and with this, a larger shopping window. Yes you’re in the CL, but when you’re unlucky enough to be in a group with Barca and PSG, you’re unlikely to be getting far - when was the last time you made it out of the group stages? I ask because I seriously don’t know. Honest question, who was the last player who moved from the Scottish leagues directly into one of the big boys in the prem? VVD is undoubtedly a top talent, but he had to cut his teeth at that lot up the road before anyone really paid any attention to him. Moving to a mid/lower Premier League team gives that stepping stone. So, again, I think a deal involving us and Tierney is unlikely, but not impossible.

I think this may well happen and some will take great delight in going across to the Celtic forum and say we told you so because of supporters like you KTD! After all why wouldn't he want to at least double his wages.

Last edited by a moderator:
KTD called us " delusional fans" in his first post. 9 seasons or so ago, an ex-player only 29 years old with no previous managerial experience and his mate (recently sacked by non-league Weymouth) were offered the job at a struggling League 2 club, who couldn't afford to drop out the League and couldn't really afford to stay in it. They were deluded enough to take it on and succeed.

Not long after they were "deluded" enough to talk out loud about taking us to the Premier League. They stunned us all by achieving it and keeping us there.

So forgive us for being "deluded" enough to dream of signing a "future Celtic legend". At least we're big enough to be used by an agent to smoke out interest.

A few years before the Eddie era began, we had a Celtic youth reject on trial but he chose Aldershot over us. We couldn't afford Ex Celtic youth players, now we're linked with signing one of their stars. Please forgive us for getting ideas above our station. We're small fry in a very big pond, every year we don't get eaten, we get bigger. A big fish in a small pond, never gets eaten but never grows any bigger. : )

Celtic fans world is so insular and free of worry that they are happy with their lot. They don't relate to problems or anything else!I

One thing in their favour- their fans would win most fights....they are so physically fit from spending all their time on the terraces jumping up and down celebrating goals flying in every few minutes, every week!

Love to have them in PL for a season- see them humiliated then ' send them home again to think again'.

It was only a couple of seasons or so ago that we were still that self-effacing and rather humble south coast club, which was quite endearing.

Reading this thread is an indictment of what we are sadly now fast becoming. Just another jumped-up, arrogant Premier League club. Of course Celtic are a bigger club than us in so many respects and their legendary history speaks for itself.

insular and free from worry you say...

Tara Maguire, Glasgow NE Foodbank co-ordinator, added: “Once again we are calling on the tremendous fans of Celtic Football Club to support six services assisting those across Glasgow and the West.
“Our numbers continue to grow, and from April 2017 to April 2018, with the support of these regular collections at Celtic Park, we have assisted 4,186 men, women and children with emergency food provision – 2,988 adults and 1,198 children.
http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/...ed_to_donate_to_foodbanks_at_Kilmarnock_game/

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sp...ic-supporters-glasgow-foodbank-green-brigade/

RANGERS supporters are being urged to get behind a foodbank collection at today’s game.
Ross McCrorie is encouraging fans to support their local foodbank by bringing non-perishable food items along to the collection point.
Volunteers will be collecting the items outside the Megastore in the lead up to kick-off.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/...behind_foodbank_collection_at_today___s_game/

Most clubs are bigger than us.....its nothing to boost about tbf.....anymore than being the biggest club in a p1sspot league that everyone laughs at is anything to boost about tbh.

I was talking about football worries.. football and relating to problems within that!
We would do the same for the community if levels of deprived people reached that of Glasgow!
Some of us as individuals do charitable deeds outside of our football interests in all towns and cities!

It was only a couple of seasons or so ago that we were still that self-effacing and rather humble south coast club, which was quite endearing.

Reading this thread is an indictment of what we are sadly now fast becoming. Just another jumped-up, arrogant Premier League club. Of course Celtic are a bigger club than us in so many respects and their legendary history speaks for itself.

I think you've completely missed the point that everyone other than our sectarian friend is making - the size of a club is not important to AFCB supporters because we know who we are and where we come from. There is only one person on this thread with identity issues in relation to his club's position in the football hierarchy - we don't need to compare ourselves to Scottish football clubs to know who we are.

I think you've completely missed the point that everyone other than our sectarian friend is making - the size of a club is not important to AFCB supporters because we know who we are and where we come from. There is only one person on this thread with identity issues in relation to his club's position in the football hierarchy - we don't need to compare ourselves to Scottish football clubs to know who we are.
Yes, on reflection I think I have SDD. I should have read the whole thread as opposed to a quick skim through on my phone where I picked up on a couple of comments.

So......If that was Tierneys real 'da'....with the exchange of insults between us and him does that mean we have with ' fanpower' successfully buggered up a potential money wasting transfer. If so.. Good! Tinpot Rules OK !

Last edited:
Maybe we can sign him then loan him back to them for 6 months to get some experience before the step up. Everyone’s a winner

Why should we be that humble, self-effacing club any more? We ticked that box for circa one hundred years. Supposed to be in the top 30 wealthy sector!
We can be the 'fishing village' if you like - but I like to think 'the likes of' Celtic fans are lowering Crab lines into the Clyde or in Poole Harbour!
I'm supposed to be Zipped on this subject but couldn't resist that!

;