King keeps Wolves from the door...

Fact is he did have a decent game.
Thought it was a very average game as per usual.

Lost count the amount of times he just runs straight into people however the conversation now becomes irrelevant since Eddie keeps picking him and we need to support all our players, no matter how difficult it may be at times!

I get it that you think it was accidental, but I don’t. His arm/hand moved towards the ball. Most refs would have given a penalty. I think we will have to agree to disagree.

It was as accidental as they will ever come! Watched Goals On Sunday this morning, they all said the same. And the other point, that it dropped from his head onto his arm, another factor in why it wouldn't be a penalty.

As Neil said, Ibe isn't a first choice player. If you got rid of him, would we get anyone similar that would be happy to be a back up? He is quite capable when he plays, when needed. You say you want to progress the team but then mention about using Pugh.

Those are exactly my points.
Ibe is indeed capable, but is so inconsistent so as to not be a reliable enough reserve player.
Going back to Pugh would indeed a retrograde step (and, as I said, one that won't happen), but sadly would still be better than playing Ibe.

Those are exactly my points.
Ibe is indeed capable, but is so inconsistent so as to not be a reliable enough reserve player.
Going back to Pugh would indeed a retrograde step (and, as I said, one that won't happen), but sadly would still be better than playing Ibe.

I'm going to politely disagree.

Sorry to hark on but Ibe (Jordon to his mates) is one of very few in our squad who actually runs at defenders and at least tries to beat them one on one at close quarters. Others pass sideways or backwards for safety and possession. He does bring another type of play and it doesn't always pay off. He's never going to be David Silva, but he gets my support for having the confidence to try and quite often succeed. He will only get better and get there faster, if he has our support.

Druss is hilarious on Ibe. Tbf his points about Ibe's weaknesses are fair enough but he's never acknowledged anything positive that Ibe has ever done. To class Solanke's miss as unlucky but Ibe's as yet another missed chance is beyond a joke.

1st...I am positive when he has an ok game.

2nd...I think you are confused by what the term "miss" means. One was on target, the other not.

Sorry to hark on but Ibe (Jordon to his mates) is one of very few in our squad who actually runs at defenders and at least tries to beat them one on one at close quarters. Others pass sideways or backwards for safety and possession. He does bring another type of play and it doesn't always pay off. He's never going to be David Silva, but he gets my support for having the confidence to try and quite often succeed. He will only get better and get there faster, if he has our support.

Hahahaha welcome to the board. You'll find comments similar to yours 2 years ago. A little search will help.

I will beg to disagree with your comparison with others in the squad.

1st...I am positive when he has an ok game.

2nd...I think you are confused by what the term "miss" means. One was on target, the other not.

I'm aware of the meaning of the words - the point that I and a fair few others are making is that you have to really stretch to put a negative slant on the chance he created that hit the bar - it was brilliant and really unfortunate not to win the game. Solanke's missed chance was really poor.

Generally I thought Solanke had a good game and Ibe was poor in his application for the most part but it's possible to give credit for the positive contributions Ibe made.

Solanke on target and made the keeper work and gets abuse by some....Ib misses yet another shot off target and people think the new messiah has turned up. So many lost possessions again today. He wouldn;t even make the bench but for injuries.

Mepham was great, you can see why Eddie signed him Solanke runs the line up front and was unlucky with the shot and also 2 great headers.

Ake MoM by a country mile. So much class.
Solankes was a miss too?

No it wasn't...it was on target and a save.

I'd class it as a missed chance personally - he may not have missed the target but he missed a great opportunity to score. Anyway, splitting hairs over the terminology is not the point. Ibe's was a brilliant individual effort and he was very unlucky not to score (I was right behind it and it looked in all the way and I was amazed when it seemed to drift onto the bar at the last second) Solanke should have done better.

I'd class it as a missed chance personally - he may not have missed the target but he missed a great opportunity to score. Anyway, splitting hairs over the terminology is not the point. Ibe's was a brilliant individual effort and he was very unlucky not to score (I was right behind it and it looked in all the way and I was amazed when it seemed to drift onto the bar at the last second) Solanke should have done better.
You must be near me then

Lol it was literally a miss....bizarre comment.

All you needed to say was.....Ibe hit a storming shot that smacked back off the bar, well unlucky.....[ you can even cut and paste this if you wish ]. To try and make out it was some kind of useless miss is - as you say - a bizarre comment.

;