Leicester v AFCB...

Argh, very frustrating, great effort by the lads, thought we had 3 precious points in the bag...

Haven’t seen it but the Five Live commentator (Pat Murphy?) was very critical of Cook’s tackle which gave them the free kick and opportunity to equalise, ‘unnecessary’ he called it. What’s the view of guys who were there? Sounds like we had defended brilliantly until then.

I thought we were going to lose 1-0 so can’t be too upset with a draw. 90+7 though!

Onwards to Spurs next week!

R. Sterling all over again. Not sure that trying to kill time helps us in the long run. Still, a much needed point (I'm sure I'll feel better about it tonight), inching ever closer to the magic number.

Druss_the_Legend - 3/3/2018 18:04

So it was a great free kick but you haven't seen it? ;)

I know that does read odd...

What I meant was... I’ve seen the free kick...on twitter on a phone. The bit about the wall positioning I think you need to judge from replays on a bigger screen. Only three in wall though.

How many do you want in the wall then? We needed guys to defend from a cross as well. Every single one of their free kicks from similar positions this season have gone to the back post and back across goal, so we had to be prepared for that.

It's so far out that it probably would have been better to have no wall and a more central position for Begovic, rather than more people.

Disappointing end of course but a decent point. Leicester have a habit of doing this and have the quality to punish sides to nick a draw. Thus positive that the Huddersfield and first half Newcastle display behind us.

On Final Score they said that AFCB were 'game managing the last few minutes' they likened it to time wasting. Was that the case or not? If it was the case did we shoot ourselves in the foot by getting time added to the four minutes? Surely not!

Of course we were! I don't think that effected it though. The main cause of the delay was Francis getting booted in the head. We also made a sub as the 4 minutes started so when Cook gave the free kick away, there probably was time left in fairness. Between the 2 incidents alone it was the best part of 3 minutes on top of the 4.

We made a substitution right on the 90th minute, I seem to recall seeing about 90:45 when play resumed. Then there was the Francis injury, which certainly was legit. And then Cookie's foul. So, 97 probably a bit generous, but not by a lot. If we defend the free kick, it's game over.

Silent AFCB - 3/3/2018 18:29

How many do you want in the wall then? We needed guys to defend from a cross as well. Every single one of their free kicks from similar positions this season have gone to the back post and back across goal, so we had to be prepared for that.

I’m not criticising it. I’m saying other people were and Eddie said there were lessons to learn from the goal. I’ve seen shaky footage from a Leicester fan on a phone...no position for me to comment.

It was a great free kick ! Watched it a few times ,we could have had a couple more in the wall but the likelihood from that distance was he would float it in for players to run on to and that's what I think our lot were expecting .

Leicester were massing players on the edge of the box so couldn’t afford to have any more in the wall. The cook tackle was tired but they’d be throwing their bodies around for quite a while so again can’t be too critical.

The Lincoln fans were great, wish they join us every away game!

I feel the Mahrez goal was fantastic, hats off to him for his skill rather than pick holes in what we did. The wall wasn't too badly positioned, I would guess that 9/10 times, the taker goes over the wall towards the top corner, giving the keeper an added second or two to get across and push it over. The fact Mahrez bends it like he did, was both unexpected [ see our players jumping ] and highly skilled. A huge bend on that.

There has also been talk on BT Sport Panel, not just today but previously, how a wall can sometimes get in the way of a keeper if there are too many in it. When the free kick is at distance, the keeper should perhaps keep the shot clear, as it would need to be spot on to beat him from 25 yards. Let the taker have a free shot but the keeper to have a clear look at the ball.

So I think we weren't really to blame there, sometimes you just need to give the taker all the credit for annoyingly good skill.

afcb.czech - 3/3/2018 17:01

Another complacent blunder from Begovic costs us a goal...

I only saw the last 10 mins but in that 10mins we were completely awful.

Just a very, very wrong first line there. And the second wasn't much better either.

That last minute goal cost me £400 on an accumulator - so a double nightmare - so frustrating - but another good performance - Eddie is slowly building a Premier League team of real substance.

;