lets now sign jack wilshire ! free !!

afcbmdl27

First Team
when we signed him on loan, Paul merson said we had a 30 million pound player on our hands !
a proven 26 year old for free !
I loved him , will add the quality we lacked last season ( albeit cook ) in midfield .
come back Jack , you know you want to .

everyone knows a fit jack wilshire is one of the best midfielders in the world !
he came to us after hardly playing for years !
he gave his all when at afcb.

"However, following my meeting with the new manager I was made aware that although the reduced contract offer remained, it was made clear to me that my playing time would be significantly reduced should I decide to stay."

Personally I think the fact that Eddie dropped him towards the end of his time with us, Jack obviously witnessed the "quality" that kept him out & as a result I don't think we stand a chance.

Last edited:
we pay Defoe more don't we?
skybet odds gone from 25/1 to 16/1 since he has said he's leaving .
I can't see him signing for another London club as he was a gooner.
but saying that I hear he loves London .
maybe see him going to Everton ..
wherever he goes, I hope he stays injury free as he is a classy player when fully fit.
been so unlucky with the IMPACT injuries he has had .
good luck Jack .

We’ve moved on from the side we were 2 years ago and have different priorities. If we signed Jack, we’d need to sign a Lerma type player too. A midfield pair of Lewis and Jack would be even more knife through butter for opponents than it is now.

No buying figure means they'll get higher wages. Hence why Sanchez is on such mega money at United. Ultimately whether a player is in contract or not doesn't matter any more, you take the wages + purchase fee and spread it over the course of a contract. If not, they'll find a club that will.

No thanks, if we took him I'd support him, just like I've supported other players I've not wanted in the past, but if it was my choice I'd let him jog on, far too much of a risk. I think he was looking for 185k a week, and he's played about 70 games in the last four years, by my numbers that kinda works out around half million a match, and if i recall he got no goals, one assist, and never won the ball, so I ask what exactly did he do

Well he was a big name and he came from Arsenal, so all the folk who supported Arsenal (whether completely or as their 'big' club) are all happy about him. He's a good player but his time has passed him by, he doesn't fit our requirements, and we know that empirically from the past. See also Leon Osman, David Bentley, Scott Parker, Steve Sidwell, the list goes on and on

On a plus point, he got back into the England team (briefly) whilst with us. On the other hand, he had dropped out of the starting 11 by the end of his time with us so he may not have fond memories...

Also, I wonder if the way Benik left may not be in our favour seeing as they're mates.

No thanks, if we took him I'd support him, just like I've supported other players I've not wanted in the past, but if it was my choice I'd let him jog on, far too much of a risk. I think he was looking for 185k a week, and he's played about 70 games in the last four years, by my numbers that kinda works out around half million a match, and if i recall he got no goals, one assist, and never won the ball, so I ask what exactly did he do

Well he was a big name and he came from Arsenal, so all the folk who supported Arsenal (whether completely or as their 'big' club) are all happy about him. He's a good player but his time has passed him by, he doesn't fit our requirements, and we know that empirically from the past. See also Leon Osman, David Bentley, Scott Parker, Steve Sidwell, the list goes on and on

Blimey, I thought he was a little over hyped but I wouldn't go that far.

He made things look easy, he had the ball on an elastic band, Lewis Cook clearly learned a lot from him and Harry Arter was also excellent whilst he was here.

A lot of the players around him played better when he was on the pitch

In a three man midfield with a lone striker, he could be fantastic.

If we play a midfield two, then, like he was when he was with us, is genuinely fifth choice behind Cook, Gosling, Arter and Surman.

Maybe I'm a touch hard, but I really don't see what his future is. Arsenal are terrible and they don't want him. Agree that in a two he's useless, would also say that whilst he might be able to play as a number 10, we'd have to make a choice about which of our many number 9s to get rid of. Also those wages, eye watering

Jack has said himself he prefers playing deeper rather than as the number 10. With our flank focus in attack, we kind of waste the no. 10 role anyway.

His best role would be as part of a midfield partnership BUT with a defensive midfielder sweeping up behind. Think of Man City or Liverpool's 4-3-3 as opposed to the 4-2-3-1 we used when he was here and the system Arsenal use with Ozil behind the striker.

The thing is, if we were to sign a DM and go with a 4-3-3, we already have Lewis Cook who could play the role Jack would want. Maybe we could play them both together, but it would be a massive shift in terms of personnel and system to put in place for next season.

Jack has said himself he prefers playing deeper rather than as the number 10. With our flank focus in attack, we kind of waste the no. 10 role anyway.

His best role would be as part of a midfield partnership BUT with a defensive midfielder sweeping up behind. Think of Man City or Liverpool's 4-3-3 as opposed to the 4-2-3-1 we used when he was here and the system Arsenal use with Ozil behind the striker.

The thing is, if we were to sign a DM and go with a 4-3-3, we already have Lewis Cook who could play the role Jack would want. Maybe we could play them both together, but it would be a massive shift in terms of personnel and system to put in place for next season.

I thought recently Wilshere said he preferred a more advanced role and I t was Southgate that wanted him to play deeper?

I thought recently Wilshere said he preferred a more advanced role and I t was Southgate that wanted him to play deeper?
There was a Solent interview after a game (can't remember which one) where he said his preferred position was deeper in midfield

;