lets now sign jack wilshire ! free !!

And we were 25/1 last night so someone’s had a punt on his return!

If he was 50/50 to stay at Arsenal and now he's confirmed to be leaving, every club in the betting would have their odds halved. Someone may or may not have placed a bet. It doesn't really make him any more likely to join us

Graham....not sure what you are thinking there....he's plenty good enough! Still quality. However, I am not sure whether he would help Lewis progress with his guidance or if he'd get in the way. Unless we played three in the middle and had Lerma behind them, that might work ;-)

Graham....not sure what you are thinking there....he's plenty good enough! Still quality. However, I am not sure whether he would help Lewis progress with his guidance or if he'd get in the way. Unless we played three in the middle and had Lerma behind them, that might work ;-)

Could go from one of the weakest in midfield in the league to one of the best outside the top 6.

Hahaha, two midgets would give us the best midfield in the division, I think some of us are remembering SoD too fondly

It’s not so bad on this forum but all over social media the kids just can’t see it. Yes Man City have Silva and KDB and Barca had Xavi and Iniesta. However, they also had Fernandinho and Busquets! We have beautiful green grass in front of our back 4....

To recruit a player of JW's level on loan was a major coup. To sign him on a contract would be an even bigger coup. Top quality player who would add serious strength in depth to our squad.

If we could afford him, then I would take him at an instance. Jack is fitter now than when he was rehabilitating with us and has class.

However maybe others represent better value, the likes of Lermar,Brooks and Mepham who we have been linked with offer us some potential

I doubt they're on £115k a week no matter what NSC claim.

Ake £20m over 5 years is £77k per week. Add his wages on top and he absolutely costs us more than half a million a month.
Begovic £12m over 5 years is £46k per week. His wages will almost certainly take him to about half a million a month.

Whether you pay a transfer fee for someone or not is irrelevant, you spread the total cost over the contract.

Ake £20m over 5 years is £77k per week. Add his wages on top and he absolutely costs us more than half a million a month.
Begovic £12m over 5 years is £46k per week. His wages will almost certainly take him to about half a million a month.

Whether you pay a transfer fee for someone or not is irrelevant, you spread the total cost over the contract.
And once a player (or his agent) get a sniff of what another player earns they will want parity on their weekly wage, irrespective of what transfer fee was paid for them when they initially signed...

And once a player (or his agent) get a sniff of what another player earns they will want parity on their weekly wage, irrespective of what transfer fee was paid for them when they initially signed...

So do it like Defoe then and split it between a signing bonus and wages, either way we're paying him £120k per week.

So do it like Defoe then and split it between a signing bonus and wages, either way we're paying him £120k per week.

If you are counting the signing bonus in the wage then Wilshere would be close to 200k per week. It might be just about doable, but is it value? Would the money be better spent elsewhere?

If he did come and was allowed to play in his preferred role that could be just what we need .. and as mentioned by previous poster, and I think by Eddie, a good influence on players around him. Only downside of course is his injury record, but that might be ok now.
Seem to remember we had some good runs of form with him p!aying.
Possibly a better gamble than Jermaine was last season.

When he came down here last season for Arsenal he played a blinder. I never saw him hit that level when playing for us. I don't think our set up suits him so we should save our dosh for someone else that does..

;