Lewis Cook

Technically Good.. is a bare and isolated theme....probably only about 30% of a big picture!

We are talking about a 95 minute slot...at the end of a week of training..where, during that week everything goes right ..technically right...but then stick them in front of a few thousand onlookers and many other things kick in....self consciousness being only one...complacency after a two goal gap.. panic and adhering to adjusted tactics after a sending - off ...dealing with time- wasting.

Add in Fear and Worry about succeeding in a Money Orientated environment.. there we have it !

cook has been out for months & months with a serious injury. anyone expecting him to be reaching peak performance after a few games back is asking for a miracle. he had a very good game imo, with a few mistakes at the end.

Great to see him back.
But it’s been so long I couldn’t remember the words for his song - and by the ridiculous mumbling around me, no one else could either.
:shake:
Off topic, but I can't remember the words to "We've got a manager called Eddie".

I felt Anthony should have been MOM, but L Cook was a close 2nd. How Billing got it, I really don't know.

I know. I don't think those who decided were properly watching the game. Anthony was key in both goals and did amazingly too. Great to see him with so much confidence.

I thought Lewis had a good game. Was quick off the mark when he had to be but like Kilkenny being of small stature he gets pushed off the ball by more streetwise taller players.

I really like Lewis, I think he’s done ok since he came back. I can see what he’s trying to do and trying to create it just hasn’t really come off yet. Parker raves about him in that article so I’m sure he will continue to keep his place and continue getting upto speed.

Captain tonight and was so poor he was subbed at half time.
I think he's finished at this level to be honest he's never looked right since he came back from his injury.
Massive shame had so much potential when he joined

He is a holding midfielder (and not first choice). Playing him more advanced is just cruel. He runs in all the robotic patterns they are trained to do but none of them work for him as it’s not his game.

I’m not disputing he had become totally sub optimal but there are reasons for this.

;