Lewis Cook

Giving them all a game is compulsory? Of course not, it's why they're called squads.

Squad Games.

Very good Rob.

Nailing my colours to the mast I'm worried Kilkenny will be sidelined because there's less money invested in him. I rate him highly and would be happy to take the risk of selling one of the bigger names to give him his chance.

Edit: mast got changed to mask by auto correct and I'm terrified Jimnnina will see.

Last edited:
There's no certainty I'm speculating. It's actually quite odd that you of all people are suggesting I'm saying that this is a certainty given your proclamations about how WBA and Fulham are going to finish top two. One would think you'd understand opinion when you see it.

You could try imagining I've put "in my opinion" before all my posts if that helps.

Btw "all our central midfielders have a very big part to play" is clearly nonsense. At least two are not going to play anything like the games the would want to. Dan Gosling was third choice midfielder in 2014/15 and he struggled to get in the side. Now we've got 6+
You literally said ‘it will be one of them.’ That sounds pretty certain to me? I also said that all our centre mids had played a big role so far, which is true. Why can this not be the case going into the rest of the season? The point you seem to be missing is that a lot of our midfielders are versatile and can cover other positions. Jeff has played at right back before and can cover there. Stan can play out wide if needed as can Marcondes. Kilkenny can play in both the six and eight positions ect

You literally said ‘it will be one of them.’ That sounds pretty certain to me? I also said that all our centre mids had played a big role so far, which is true. Why can this not be the case going into the rest of the season? The point you seem to be missing is that a lot of our midfielders are versatile and can cover other positions. Jeff has played at right back before and can cover there. Stan can play out wide if needed as can Marcondes. Kilkenny can play in both the six and eight positions ect

Did you read the bit about my posts being my opinion? We've got too many central midfielders Waz, simple as that tbh.

Did you read the bit about my posts being my opinion? We've got too many central midfielders Waz, simple as that tbh.
When you play the type of pressing game we're trying to play I don't think you can have too many midfielders.....as we saw with Leeds a few seasons ago it's very difficult to keep that type of intensity up for a 46 game season..... being able to rotate the midfield without weakening it will be invaluable.

It’s not simple though. It’s a squad game and all will be required to play a part as the season goes on. All offer slightly different attributes and this could be invaluable.

Personally I would let marcondes out on.loan as I don't see him.being ever a starter
He’s a decent player, just not in the system we are currently playing. Feel sorry for him. Played as an eight at Brentford, said upon signing here that he was a ten and was looking forward to the opportunity of playing in his best position. We then play him as an eight. I have no doubt that playing as an out and out number ten he would be Avery good player at this level. Might be worth keeping just due to that.

For me, the advantage Jeff has is that he can play all the CM positions: both the deep-lying, break up play role alongside Pearson and, when needed, the more attacking, high pressing role alongside Billing etc. I don't think many of our other CMs offer the same versatility.

I do agree with SDD that we are very well stocked in CM though. Be interesting to see how SP manages everyone's expectations.

Given the Brooks situation, I think we need Marcondes up our sleeve to cover the right flank area (he's done it for us already and for Brentford previously). Christie is doing well there but needs cover and may come central himself at times. Stanislas we know isn't ideal on the right. I don't know enough about Rogers but he seems to prefer the left as well.

It's imperative we avoid the winter blow up we sometimes see. Certainly saw it last season, if last Jan-Feb could have been as good as the rest of last season we'd have been right up there with the top 2. The more quality cover we have the better set we'll be this time round. That goes for L.Cook as well.

It’s not simple though. It’s a squad game and all will be required to play a part as the season goes on. All offer slightly different attributes and this could be invaluable.

Maybe we should get a few more in then. After all money is no object and footballers are always happy to not make matchday squads just in case they are needed for ten minutes at some point.

Maybe our reserve midfield will be good enough to win the FA Cup for us this season. All part of the Parker masterplan...................................

Given the Brooks situation, I think we need Marcondes up our sleeve to cover the right flank area (he's done it for us already and for Brentford previously). Christie is doing well there but needs cover and may come central himself at times. Stanislas we know isn't ideal on the right. I don't know enough about Rogers but he seems to prefer the left as well.

It's imperative we avoid the winter blow up we sometimes see. Certainly saw it last season, if last Jan-Feb could have been as good as the rest of last season we'd have been right up there with the top 2. The more quality cover we have the better set we'll be this time round. That goes for L.Cook as well.
It looks like Brady has come in as cover on the right.

Jeff has been the one player that never gets dropped by any manager we've had recently be that Eddie ....JT
...Woody or now Parker.....he obviously does things that maybe dont always catch the eye of the spectator but managers regard what he does as invaluable....Woody absolutely loved him.
As waza mentioned if the club planned to get him off the wage bill then he wouldn't be playing in every game....he'd probably be getting the Steve Cook treatment in fact...... especially as you say with the midfield options we have......I mean Parker must be very keen to keep him in the side if we're playing him as an attacking no 8!

Jeff is undoubtedly a character. Very popular amongst fans too. One thing he has improved is not picking up yellows all the time. At times in the past, he felt like a bit of a liability because of that and it seemed to have the knock on effect or encouraging poor decisions from referees against him. Seems much better at not picking up unnecessary yellows now. I agree that there must be something that goes less noticed as he always gets picked. Maybe his fitness and resilience. Good to see him doing well. Would be great to see him get some more goals too.

Whatever way you look at it we've got too many central midfielders.

it's a decent point, it's going to take an horrific run of injuries for lewis to get any game time
jeff has been superb for us but he's likely on mega pl wages and at some point the books have to be balanced
come january they'll be a host of pl clubs staring at relegation and with cash to burn who could do with a shithouse cm to shore up a leaky defence

it's a decent point, it's going to take an horrific run of injuries for lewis to get any game time
jeff has been superb for us but he's likely on mega pl wages and at some point the books have to be balanced
come january they'll be a host of pl clubs staring at relegation and with cash to burn who could do with a shithouse cm to shore up a leaky defence
I dunno if I would leave a Championship club looking at promotion to go to a Premier league club looking at relegation unless they were going to double my allegedly top earner wages.

Jeff is undoubtedly a character. Very popular amongst fans too. One thing he has improved is not picking up yellows all the time. At times in the past, he felt like a bit of a liability because of that and it seemed to have the knock on effect or encouraging poor decisions from referees against him. Seems much better at not picking up unnecessary yellows now. I agree that there must be something that goes less noticed as he always gets picked. Maybe his fitness and resilience. Good to see him doing well. Would be great to see him get some more goals too.
Being in the championship and not the Premier League helps with the yellows....

Maybe we should get a few more in then. After all money is no object and footballers are always happy to not make matchday squads just in case they are needed for ten minutes at some point.
And people accuse me of being melodramatic lol money is no object? You have no idea what any of them are paid and whether we are currently over or under budget! Not do you know how much Max is willing to invest towards a push this season… potentially when Lewis Cook is back Kilkenny might be looking at a loan move, but in all honesty he has been outstanding so this doesn’t make a lot of sense.

;