Lewis Cook

And people accuse me of being melodramatic lol money is no object? You have no idea what any of them are paid and whether we are currently over or under budget! Not do you know how much Max is willing to invest towards a push this season… potentially when Lewis Cook is back Kilkenny might be looking at a loan move, but in all honesty he has been outstanding so this doesn’t make a lot of sense.

I don't see any reason to doubt the info the wages websites have. It's a fact that Lerma and Cook are the only high earners from the PL era who haven't been sold is it not? Do you think Lerma isn't our highest paid player?

It's also a fact that we have too many central midfielders to keep them all happy, they don't play for nothing and we've clearly been trying to cut the wage bill.

Kilkenny is too good to go on loan to league one and if he doesn't get enough game time he'll leave to someone who'll pay him loads more wages. I see this as an issue.

I don't see any reason to doubt the info the wages websites have. It's a fact that Lerma and Cook are the only high earners from the PL era who haven't been sold is it not? Do you think Lerma isn't our highest paid player?

It's also a fact that we have too many central midfielders to keep them all happy, they don't play for nothing and we've clearly been trying to cut the wage bill.

Kilkenny is too good to go on loan to league one and if he doesn't get enough game time he'll leave to someone who'll pay him loads more wages. I see this as an issue.
Agreed. Lots being made of the Anthony and Zemura contract situation, maybe Parker should be asking the board to offer an improved contract to Kilkenny. As far as I'm concerned he's our immediate future. Wouldn't want to lose him.

Lerma is one of the first names on the team sheet for me, he's immense. Once cook is back potentially Kilkenny moves one down the pecking order, but he's started the last 2 games due to international breaks and suspensions. Let's be honest lerma will get a suspension at some point. Think cook and Pearson will probably rotate depending on the opposition.

For me Lerma is the first name on the teamsheet in midfield. Opposition midfielders must dread playing against him.
Completely agree, and I find it really surprising that many of our fans don't seem to appreciate just how good Jeff is. If you're going for promotion like we are, the last person you would let go of would be him. For me there are three "first names on the teamsheet" - Cahill, Lerma and Solanke. That's the spine of the team that all the rest is built upon. Lerma is up there with Ake as one of the best players Boscombe have ever had in my view.
We have been fortunate so far this season that several other players are gradually making themselves un-droppable, with Kelly and Christie probably at the top of that list, closely followed by Zemora and Billing, joined by all the others who have done really well, but who have equally good replacements just waiting for their chance.

Sell in the summer then. The potential impact it could have on the rest of our season could far outweigh the benefit of not having to pay his wages for another six months. If we are talking a sale to potentially reinvest into another area that we see could benefit us for the remainder of the season then that’s a different discussion. But desperately trying to get Lerma off of the wage bill mid season at the risk of damaging our prospects makes zero sense when that can just be done in the summer! Although I do see where you are coming from as personally I wouldn’t have him in the first choice midfield.

Eddie bought Lerma because of his physical ability of being able to run from box to box and back again, I like him especially as it seems to me he has reduced the number of yellows he has collected this season. I also wish he would pass the ball instead of trying to shoot. I can't remember him ever scoring....but probably wrong there!
UTC

Eddie bought Lerma because of his physical ability of being able to run from box to box and back again, I like him especially as it seems to me he has reduced the number of yellows he has collected this season. I also wish he would pass the ball instead of trying to shoot. I can't remember him ever scoring....but probably wrong there!
UTC

away at Coventry last year, whilst playing a more advanced role ;)

It is an interesting one. Kilkenny holding his place down, despite Pearson being available. Good that Parker showing he generally will keep players in if they do well and not just drop/'rest' them when more experienced, supposedly better players are back.

Good message to send out too. Kilkenny really stepping up when asked.

Different times now, but similar to when we signed Rolling, expecting him to partner Cox. For some reason Howe came in (Rolling suspended or injured?)and was undroppable as he stepped up. Poor Franck barely got a look in after that, he would have walked into most other League 1 sides.

It is an interesting one. Kilkenny holding his place down, despite Pearson being available. Good that Parker showing he generally will keep players in if they do well and not just drop/'rest' them when more experienced, supposedly better players are back.

Good message to send out too. Kilkenny really stepping up when asked.

I’m not sure Lowe would agree but I get what you’re saying :)

Parker suggests Cook is ready for first team football, can't wait to see him back on the pitch.

As mentioned before dropping any of our midfield is going to be a tough decision...

Parker suggests Cook is ready for first team football, can't wait to see him back on the pitch.

As mentioned before dropping any of our midfield is going to be a tough decision...

Yep, I couldn't agree more Lee but I can't wait to see Lewis lob a goal into the net with such ease as he once did...so laid back... but I feel some of our missed shots on goal are done in a panic state of mind, but after saying that we seem to be making enough good shots on goal to please SP.
UTC

Completely agree, and I find it really surprising that many of our fans don't seem to appreciate just how good Jeff is. If you're going for promotion like we are, the last person you would let go of would be him. For me there are three "first names on the teamsheet" - Cahill, Lerma and Solanke. That's the spine of the team that all the rest is built upon. Lerma is up there with Ake as one of the best players Boscombe have ever had in my view.
We have been fortunate so far this season that several other players are gradually making themselves un-droppable, with Kelly and Christie probably at the top of that list, closely followed by Zemora and Billing, joined by all the others who have done really well, but who have equally good replacements just waiting for their chance.
away at Coventry last year, whilst playing a more advanced role ;)

Thanks MB
UTC

;