Lewis Cook

I wish! He's excellent sometimes but, his passing is just too poor and nowhere as consistent as he needs to be, particularly for where they're heading.

Wonder if he's been affected by all the talk about his future. He needs to focus on the now if so. His passing has always been a bit inconsistent, but I think he's missing Cahill's coaching.

Does it really matter? To be successful we need leaders, plural, on the pitch. Whoever has the armband is an irrelevance.

Isn't the be all, but I think it can make a real difference. The captain can legitimately calm players down (without older players telling him/her where to go) and mediate with the ref if there are issues. Agree though that there needs to be more than one leader on the field.

Isn't the be all, but I think it can make a real difference. The captain can legitimately calm players down (without older players telling him/her where to go) and mediate with the ref if there are issues. Agree though that there needs to be more than one leader on the field.

A real difference - in terms of being better than 2nd? Jeeeez

And what reason would Parker make at this stage of the season to strip Kelly of the captaincy?
Hardly the ringing enforcement

He wouldn't do it now, you're right and that would cause ill feeling, but next season when Kelly is likely to be playing for another team like Newcastle, I reckon Lewis would be great.

Just can’t believe after a win and sitting 2nd the subject of Kelly not being upto being the captain is being discussed.

You've clarified above that should Kelly move on then yes Lewis would be ideal but I can’t see it happening otherwise

It's more that Lewis would be a fabulous captain, and yes, I think he has more presence about him than Lloyd.

;