Lewis Cook

He went through a brief period of speaking some sense and avoiding the OTT nonsense and hyperbole. I think it lasted a few weeks. I just thought he is one of these people who takes little joy from football. But the whole reinvention every year is weird.

Personally I think he's a good poster who adds to the forum. He does have a child like inability to regulate his emotions at times and that does him no favours.

If he genuinely doesn't understand why what he said is offensive to people and can't see that he shouldn't have said it once his emotions calmed down it suggests he's a bit naïve imo.

I apologise for remarks that I have made, they were out of line and I should not have said them.

I don’t apologise for causing offence though, how others respond is their choice.

Man, I know we touched on the stoic outlooks the other day, but not sure I can go along with the 2nd para here.

He made our 3rd goal, winning the ball back then going forward to the left with it once his part in the lead up was over he back tracked to cover leaving the rest to others.

Another player many wrote off…..

View attachment 12427

Iraola is really getting the best out of him again and it's great to see. His class has always been there but he's struggled to find consistency in the past, even in the Championship. Injuries played a big part, but I think the missing part is confidence and being able to do things instinctively without second guessing himself.

Iraola seems to be a proper coach, he's already brought a few players back into form.

Lewis Cook: The Big Interview (Amazon Prime)
Just stumbled upon this interview whilst trying to find tonight’s live games. 25 mins long, worth a watch (it’s a new one, they talk about his red card against Wolves).

Always been a talented player, not always had the run of games to prove it before injuries intervened.

Seems as good and as confident on the ball currently as when he first signed. Long may that continue.

I really think it helps with having Christie next to him those 2 cover each other well, don't get me wrong he has played well with others next to him but it seems Christie take him to the next level or as neil said the player we wondered we had before injury. the whole team as it stands its hard to find a weak link the players out injured will have a job to replace any of these on current form

I was always frustrated with him that he would quite often play a backwards pass or put his foot on it and slow the game down when we were on the front foot but looks like Iraola has coached that out of him ,he looks like a different player now,I've not seen him play a defence splitter like the one that led to Solanke hitting the post for years.

;