Lewis Cook

Whilst I argued that Mainoo was a fair call up at the time I'm inclined to agree, their form has been chalk and cheese since then in Lewis's favour. Certainly not writing Mainoo off but if you need a CDM then Cook has to be in the conversation.

Im sure you head back over to the thread and admit maybe I was right and the multiple posts you replied to me were wrong.

Oh, sorry, distracted by something pink flying past the window..

Im sure you head back over to the thread and admit maybe I was right and the multiple posts you replied to me were wrong.

Oh, sorry, distracted by something pink flying past the window..

I've literally just said what I think. I don't know if calling Lewis up over Mainoo at that point was right or wrong but my opinion at the time is what I said. I disagreed with you at the time and agree with you now if you still think Lewis should be called up. Obviously it depends on who else is available and I've not seen Henderson play at all this season.

I’d also like to throw my name in the hat as the guy who predicted Cook would be in the England setup within 2 years, at the start of the season. Was mostly shrugged off but good to see everyone coming around lol.

I mean, he won’t be. But he absolutely should be. He should’ve already been called up this year. By far his best season for us and of his career, head and shoulders the best English, more traditional midfielder in the league outside of Rice.

Whilst I argued that Mainoo was a fair call up at the time I'm inclined to agree, their form has been chalk and cheese since then in Lewis's favour. Certainly not writing Mainoo off but if you need a CDM then Cook has to be in the conversation.
Thought mainoo was average against us. Clearly as a kid he is doing well but not deserving for an England call up yet

Thought mainoo was average against us. Clearly as a kid he is doing well but not deserving for an England call up yet

He was playing really well at the point he was called up tbf and actually had a good game for England. He's been average at best since then and I doubt he'll make the squad in the summer.

Unfortunately all our players have the tinpot Bournemouth monkey on their backs . Very difficult for any of them to get a call up …shame for them but probably good for us .

His work is not as flashy or noticeable as that of other players, but he does everything right and makes everyone else around him look better.

From what I gather in this forum and the pundits, his impact in this team is highly underrated.

In addition to cleaning up plays with his great touch and decision making on the ball, his tactical understanding (positioning and cover) allows the likes of Smith, Senesi, Christie to take excursions forward knowing that the team won’t lose shape.

He’s managed to stay fit which is the main issue, he obviously lost his head against Wolves but took it on the chin and addressed his team mates at the time and apologised. He’s been played right back, centre back, centre mid, attacking mid andoni obviously sees him as an integral part of the team.

Long may it continue

His contract is up in June 2025. Surely we should be offering him a new contract shortly?

Indeed or the vultures will start to circle...

Wolves could take advantage of Lewis Cook contract situation

"...former manager O’Neil, who could be looking to land Cook on a cut-price deal this summer due to his contract situation.

Cook now has a system and manager getting the very best out of him.

No point going back to a manager and style that he and we know is sub optimal for Cook.

If Cook was to move anywhere, it should be higher than Wolves (with respect) and to a club playing a high press, aggressive and higher tempo.

Cook now has a system and manager getting the very best out of him.

No point going back to a manager and style that he and we know is sub optimal for Cook.

If Cook was to move anywhere, it should be higher than Wolves (with respect) and to a club playing a high press, aggressive and higher tempo.
I would imagine that extending Cook's current contract will be a priority in the summer. I think we can compete with Wolves on all levels, so I very much doubt that Lewis would find a move to Wolves particularly attractive at this moment in time.
He's just had his best season ever and must be loving it here right now !

;